Forums

Topic: General PlayStation 4 Thread

Posts 701 to 720 of 899

roe

Just noticed the online PS Store has had a bit of an upgrade. It now runs faster, the game search is quicker and it's got new tabs on the top for deals, PS+ games, VR, and other stuff.

I like it.

roe

JohnnyShoulder

Ok something really weird happened on my ps4 the other day after the last update. The store advert on the What's On section was in Russian, and I had been signed out of stuff such a YouTube. Well odd.

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger @Thrillho Hmmm, I don't think it is that. I have two step verification already and use PayPal to pay for stuff. I keep a close eye on my bank account and activity and not noticed anyrhing suspicious. It seems to back to normal now, but thanks for tips anyway.

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder Must've just been a random glitch then, but always better safe than sorry! Besides, learning a new language is a pain, so it's good you could change it back.

@ellsworth004 Yes I do, thanks for asking. Very much so! Both of them actually, given that we're also getting a new LEGO Star Wars next year. The rest of E3 has left me cold thusfar, so I'm kinda pleased to be a Star Wars fan right now as it's the only thing that's been worth tuning in for!

What about you? Like the look of the combat?

PSN ID: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

ellsworth004

@RogerRoger i was pretty impressed by what i saw, i wasnt able to watch the entire video. What i would like to know is how the game is structured, is it linear? Can u choose where u want to go? Will there be much exploration? I couldnt really tell from the small portion i was able to watch.

ellsworth004

PSN: ellsworth004

ellsworth004

@RogerRoger and as far as being a star wara fan...My mom moved like 5 mins from where i live, we were unpacking boxes and one of them was full of all my star wars toys from when i was a kid! Even have a R2 that has a arm that comes out that is actually a cup holder!

ellsworth004

RogerRoger

@ellsworth004 I think it's gonna be "linear plus" (kinda like the new Tomb Raider games) whereby there's a definite progression, but each world has open areas where you can chill, chat to other characters, maybe even do side quests or whatnot. There was a Kotaku piece that said journalists got to see more than was in the demo, and they confirmed dialogue choices in some interactions. You might also be able to decide in which order to travel to, and complete, each planet (I'm basing that on how they've described of your ship, and how you can customise it). Watch out for more articles from other journalists once they've returned from E3.

Aah, awesome! I love finding old toys like that. Never had an Artoo cup holder, though! I've currently got a BB-8 cookie jar in my kitchen but that's about it.

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger That's the thing, I didn't change anything the next day, it was back to being English again. The last update may have fudged things up slightly.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

ellsworth004

@RogerRoger its not just a cup holder! It moves around beeps and everything, bad thing is it takes 4 D batteries and 4 AA batteries. Wow thats alot.

ellsworth004

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder We did get two updates in a short space of time. Odd things tend to happen around such occurrences. Besides, in Soviet Russia, console updates you!

@ellsworth004 Blimey! That's enough batteries to power the freakin' Death Star!

And yet still insignificant next to the power of the Force.

Making It So Since 1987

Kidfried

So I'm noticing something on my favorite controller's d-pad. It doesn't feel as great to play with anymore, probably from playing so much with it.

It feels.. for lack of a better word, slower. There is no input delay or anything, it just doesn't feel that great anymore. Has anyone had this before?

I really abused the d-pad with all the platformers I played on the console, so now I am asking myself whether to buy a new controller or not.

Kidfried

RogerRoger

@Kidfried Yeah, this is a thing, alas. I've noticed it on older controllers (PS2 and PS3) so can't speak to direct experience with a PS4 controller, as I inadvertently refreshed mine halfway through this current generation, but I wouldn't be surprised.

My PS2's trigger buttons squeak; it's the spring inside, worn down over time. Given the D-Pad buttons are the smallest and most delicate, I'd say they're prime candidates.

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@Kidfried If it's just the d-pad, a replacement membrane would probably sort it out.. The rubber may have started to perish, or more likely to just be a bit worn from use. It's possible the carbon contacts may be worn too. The button itself is probably fine.

Cheap and easy fix really, though I have found that Dualshocks can be a bit tricky to get back together - the DS4 shoulder assembly is a lot easier to work with than the DS3 was!

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

JohnnyShoulder

@Kidfried I have 3 DS4's on the go, I've never had an issue with anything getting unresponsive just the battery holding very little charge eventually. That is when I get a new one. I think they are current on sale at the mo with the Days of Play thingy.

Arugula

Anybody have experience with Soul Calibur VI? Specifically the season pass? I'm seeing a decent sale but I'm not sure if the pass is worth an extra $15 over $30 for base SCVI.

Arugula

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic