Forums

Topic: General PlayStation 4 Thread

Posts 681 to 700 of 1,795

JohnnyShoulder

@ellsworth004 Don't play it like a Darks Souls game, get those bad habits out of your system cos the combat in Sekiro is a different beast.

Head over to the thread https://www.pushsquare.com/forums/ps4/sekiro_shadows_die_twic... as there are lot of beginners tips there from page 2. Feel free to @ me if you have any questions.

Everyone has there different strengths in how they play the game, but if you can learn how to deflect attacks that will be key to winning at this game. It took me a few hours for it to totally to click. It may seem at the start that it is throwing mini boss after mini boss at you, but it does calm down later when it opens up.

@klky If you flick the right stick you can switch between different enemies.

I also reccomend doing all the training with the dude that can't die as that will teach you the basics.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Gremio108

@ellsworth004 Enjoy the freedom that comes with not losing your souls/echoes when you die. Yes you lose a few points of XP but they can be easily regained later. Aside from the Dragonrot (which is a non-issue, honestly) there's no real penalty for dying. This lets you go for it a little bit. You can hammer some enemies into submission just by really going aggro on them, I've been surprised how often that has worked for me.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

ellsworth004

@Gremio108 seems hard when you are facing 3 or more enemies at once. But i think im starting to get the hang of it, fun game.

ellsworth004

PSN: ellsworth004

JohnnyShoulder

@ellsworth004 Stealth kill them with they go on their separate paths. They will only break from their routine if they see you, so use this to your advantage to lure them out. You can use the rooftops to break the line of sight and also use your Loaded Shuriken Prosthetic tool to draw them out. I tried to avoid taking on multiple enemies until I was a lot more confident in combat and only when facing weaker enemies.

If you are close to gaining a skill point I usually did a bit of grinding before facing a boss or harder enemies so as not to lose any xp. Once you have a skill point it is 'banked and you will not lose it, only the xp you've earned toward the next skill point.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

JohnnyShoulder

I've had to buy a new external hdd for my ps4. The one I've got currently keeps needing to be recovered as it was disconnected (even though it is always plugged into the PS4). This was happening infrequently but now it's happening more often, especially if I put the console in rest mode.

Reading up on it apparently some of these drives are incompatible with some of the features of the console, even though they are advertised that they can be used with the console.

So I have bought one which is specifically for PS4 from Western Digital. Hopefully it will be more reliable than the Seagate one I have at the mo. It was about 20 quid more expensive than a 'non ps4', I'm hoping the extra cost will be worth it.

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder How many TB capacity is your old one and also the new one?
I’m wondering if the larger the disc space, the more likely to fail. I have a 2TB Seagate which had thankfully worked fine so far.

I’m crossing my fingers that I can make it to the PS5, although I’m curious - have they said we will be able to transfer over our external storage device to the PS5? That would be nice.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution Both 4TB. You can have up to 8TB, there are no warning signs about any risk using a those size drives. Not seen anything about transfering stuff over to PS5 yet. In theory if it is backwards compatible with all PS4 games, I do not see there being a problem. Unless Sony doing something stupid and change the file format from FAT.

WanderingBullet

Is there a way to remove application icons like PS NOW, VUE, TV & VIDEO, PLAYROOM from my XMB dashboard? I rebuilt my PS4's database and now they're on my XMB dashboard.

Huntin' monsters erryday.

Th3solution

@WanderingBullet I put them all in a folder and name it “Detritus”

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

@Frigate I pre-ordered it as soon as it was available after E3. I will probably change to another retailer nearer release as I'm not a Prime member and having to pay extra to get it day 1, and it will be cheaper too from other sites. The only reason I've kept it with Amazon is that they are the only place I know that doesn't charge you until it is despatched.

JohnnyShoulder

@Frigate Only about 2 or 3 games a year if that, my last one was Sekiro. I do mainly if I wanna play a game on day one, which rarely happens. And if I wanna support the dev, which I do with CDPR as I liked the way they supported The Witcher 3.

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder @Frigate I’ve not been pre-ordering as much lately. Partly because this year’s releases have been a bit ho-hum and partly because the pre-order bonuses aren’t that great lately. My thinking is that if I know for sure I’m buying a game day 1, then why not pre-order and get a little extra like a bonus weapon, an outfit, or a free PS4 theme. But if there is no bonus, or if I’m not 100% on board with the game, then I’ll wait — Lately it’s been some of both. The last game I pre-ordered I believe was Red Dead Redemption 2 and the bonus was $10 credit at GameStop, which effectively made the game $50 instead of $60. That was a pretty good deal.

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution I don't think I ever based my purchasing decisions on what pre-order bonuses are with the game. For instance, Cyberpunk 2077 from Amazon has a steelbook exclusive (along with the other bonuses that are with all pre-orders of the game) to Amazon. I have no problems in cancelling it if I can get it a bit cheaper and if I've still haven't got a Prime subscription. I've been interested in a few collectors/special editions but took one look at the price and just got the standard edition instead, so there is that I suppose.

JohnnyShoulder

Had a look at the release schedules for the rest of the year, and there is nothing really there that sparks much interest with me. Borderlands 3 is probs the game I'm most interested in, but not sure if I'm ready to to play in September after just finishing off the pre sequel. So looks like I will playing stuff from my backlog or older games I've not played.

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder Same here. Been enjoying rediscovering the BL franchise with the Handsome Coll. and I’m more inclined to get BL3 on release or early, but it will depend on reviews. Keeping an eye out for Code Vein too — the game has intrigued me from the get go but its delayed production has me suspicious if it is going to live up to expectations. But as a Soulsbornekiro fan, it might be worth a look for you.

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution I will wait and see on Code Vein as I've heard that the combat is not that great, which is quite important for that type of game. I'm also not fussed on the character designs either. Not totally writing it off, but like most of the others games I have a passing interest in, there are a few things holding me back from taking the plunge. Who knows what I may feeling like when the games come out, positive buzz around certain titles may help change my mind. Think the same happened last year, the only new game I bought was PES in the last quarter of the year.

themcnoisy

@Th3solution @JohnnyShoulder I'm never preordering a game ever again. There is absolutely no benefit to the consumer and encourages ripped content and bonuses. Just take a look at the release state of Fallout 76, Street Fighter 5 etc. Even when I have preordered twice the games have been delivered late!

Understandably Cyberpunk sounds like a game of the generation contender already so I do understand. But why not wait until release day?

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

JohnnyShoulder

@themcnoisy Like I said before, I like to support certain developers. It's not like I'm pre-ordering loads of titles, it has only been Sekiro (which I only pre-ordered a few days before release) this year and Cyberpunk 2077 next year. And those are bit different to pre-ordering games as a service like Fallout 76 and Anthem.

You say games have been delivered late, but I've had games delivered a few days before day one, so it works both ways.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic