Forums

Topic: General PlayStation 4 Thread

Posts 681 to 700 of 892

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo Shameless cash grab, but I'll still buy it again! Great game!

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON i think it's less a shameless cash grab and more promotion for the new Ghostbusters movie that coming in 2020

"I like Star Wars. It was young King Arthur growing up, slaying the evil emperor finally. There's nothing wrong with that kind of entertainment - everything doesn't have to create a philosophy for you - for your whole life. You can also have fun." - Gene Roddenberry

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo So... shameless cash grab!

Cheaper than taking the risk of developing something new. And still probably better than that would end up!

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON and Harold Ramis has since passed away so they can't really do another one without recasting his character and with Bill Murry saying he has no interest in doing anything else Ghostbusters

re-releasing this makes the most sense

"I like Star Wars. It was young King Arthur growing up, slaying the evil emperor finally. There's nothing wrong with that kind of entertainment - everything doesn't have to create a philosophy for you - for your whole life. You can also have fun." - Gene Roddenberry

FullbringIchigo

@JohnnyShoulder it is true, that was the announcement trailer from the official PlayStation YouTube page

KALofKRYPTON

@JohnnyShoulder It really is very Ghostbusters! Worth watching the films before a play through too

KALofKRYPTON

@Tasuki he did at the time yeah, probably because Murray refused to do anything else 😂

FullbringIchigo

@Tasuki i wonder if the new movie will reference any of the events of the game?, maybe an easter egg in the background in the fire house

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON well the original draft of the 3rd movie had them going to hell and they kind of do that in the game so i think it was based on the what was going to be the 3rd movie

FullbringIchigo

@ellsworth004 do you mean Ghostbusters

i would say Action-Adventure with a little 3rd person shooter thrown in

Octane

2020 is looking great as well for PS4.

Octane

JohnnyShoulder

@Octane Put Knack 3 on that list, and 2017 better watch out.

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

redd214

@Octane geez what a cluster. They really should just take the L on Anthem, there's seemingly no chance of recovery for this one. Still hope we get a ME trilogy remaster before Bioware is shut down

redd214

Octane

@redd214 It's a shame, because (despite what many may think) I do think there is a place for live service games. It's just that way too often they are released in a broken state with a ''we'll fix it later'' mindset. Player engagement drops, and the entire game is dropped as a result. Same with Fallout 76. And both games have large companies behind them, big studio names, and even a well known IP in the case of Fallout 76. I don't think it's a good look for the live service games if they all end up like this.

Now, I don't think it's the end of Bioware just yet, but I could see them getting scaled down in size or something like that. EA should get Bluepoint to do a ME trilogy remaster though. I'd love that too!

Octane

redd214

@Octane yeah I'm definitely a proponent of live service games and think when done right they can be awesome. Destiny, Division R6 Siege, and even Gran Turismo Sport have proven that. What's so baffling about Anthem is they had years to learn from the mistakes of others and not only did they repeat them, they took the bad parts to a whole different level. The gameplay is fun but everything wrapped around it is a disaster.

redd214

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic