Forums

Topic: General PlayStation 4 Thread

Posts 661 to 680 of 1,795

ellsworth004

@RogerRoger and as far as being a star wara fan...My mom moved like 5 mins from where i live, we were unpacking boxes and one of them was full of all my star wars toys from when i was a kid! Even have a R2 that has a arm that comes out that is actually a cup holder!

ellsworth004

PSN: ellsworth004

RogerRoger

@ellsworth004 I think it's gonna be "linear plus" (kinda like the new Tomb Raider games) whereby there's a definite progression, but each world has open areas where you can chill, chat to other characters, maybe even do side quests or whatnot. There was a Kotaku piece that said journalists got to see more than was in the demo, and they confirmed dialogue choices in some interactions. You might also be able to decide in which order to travel to, and complete, each planet (I'm basing that on how they've described of your ship, and how you can customise it). Watch out for more articles from other journalists once they've returned from E3.

Aah, awesome! I love finding old toys like that. Never had an Artoo cup holder, though! I've currently got a BB-8 cookie jar in my kitchen but that's about it.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger That's the thing, I didn't change anything the next day, it was back to being English again. The last update may have fudged things up slightly.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

ellsworth004

@RogerRoger its not just a cup holder! It moves around beeps and everything, bad thing is it takes 4 D batteries and 4 AA batteries. Wow thats alot.

ellsworth004

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder We did get two updates in a short space of time. Odd things tend to happen around such occurrences. Besides, in Soviet Russia, console updates you!

@ellsworth004 Blimey! That's enough batteries to power the freakin' Death Star!

And yet still insignificant next to the power of the Force.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Kidfried

So I'm noticing something on my favorite controller's d-pad. It doesn't feel as great to play with anymore, probably from playing so much with it.

It feels.. for lack of a better word, slower. There is no input delay or anything, it just doesn't feel that great anymore. Has anyone had this before?

I really abused the d-pad with all the platformers I played on the console, so now I am asking myself whether to buy a new controller or not.

Kidfried

RogerRoger

@Kidfried Yeah, this is a thing, alas. I've noticed it on older controllers (PS2 and PS3) so can't speak to direct experience with a PS4 controller, as I inadvertently refreshed mine halfway through this current generation, but I wouldn't be surprised.

My PS2's trigger buttons squeak; it's the spring inside, worn down over time. Given the D-Pad buttons are the smallest and most delicate, I'd say they're prime candidates.

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@Kidfried If it's just the d-pad, a replacement membrane would probably sort it out.. The rubber may have started to perish, or more likely to just be a bit worn from use. It's possible the carbon contacts may be worn too. The button itself is probably fine.

Cheap and easy fix really, though I have found that Dualshocks can be a bit tricky to get back together - the DS4 shoulder assembly is a lot easier to work with than the DS3 was!

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

JohnnyShoulder

@Kidfried I have 3 DS4's on the go, I've never had an issue with anything getting unresponsive just the battery holding very little charge eventually. That is when I get a new one. I think they are current on sale at the mo with the Days of Play thingy.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

JohnnyShoulder

@Frigate I'm tagging @themcnoisy cos I know he has played it.

Th3solution

@Frigate oh yeah, I got SC6 shortly after release and I liked it quite a bit. I’m not much of a fighter aficionado so I like how the gameplay is approachable for button mashers and experts alike. The characters are great in the base game, the modes provide quite a bit of content between the Libra of Souls and Chronicle of the Soul separate story modes, each has their own little nuance. I wish the story modes had more proper cutscenes rather than the static artwork and narration style of story telling though. The character creation was a lot of fun just goofing around with and you use a custom created character for the Libra of Soul storyline. I played a little online too, but can’t comment on how good that is since I am pretty bad at these fighting games.
As far as the Season Pass is concerned, I can’t speak to it since I didn’t get it. I would have loved to play as 2B and Tira though. I’m annoyed they kept these characters behind a 2nd paywall. But all these fighting games do it, so, what are ya gonna do?[shrug] At the end of the day, the gameplay is satisfying and it will keep you busy for a long time either way, but if the Season Pass is cheap I would go for it. Maybe @themcnoisy has an opinion, I know he played a lot of it but not sure if he has the Pass.
Shortly after SC6, I played Injustice 2 because it must have motivated me to play more fighters. I think I liked Injustice 2 even more. For a ballpark assessment, maybe 8/10 for I2 and 7/10 for SC6. Probably having the Legendary Edition with all the DLC characters helped boost my opinion of I2 even higher because Starfire became my most played character.

Edit: @JohnnyShoulder beat me to it, but I expect Noisy will chime in. 😛

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

themcnoisy

@JohnnyShoulder cheers bro.

@Frigate The base game is enough mate. Its great. I would just buy that. The season pass when I had the game was not good value for money - only Amy (whom you fight against in the campaign anyway) and 2b were added.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

themcnoisy

@Th3solution Missed your own reply when I was typing. Very good summary. What is the ace in the pack is the campaign mode - yes the story is pretty stupid but with 15 hours of content and hundreds of fights, levelling, dead hard boss fights and side missions it is perfect from a gameplay perspective (as long as you skip the actual cutscenes). It starts too easy but don't let that put you off - you will meet your match at some point.

One thing - I dislike the Mortal kombat gameplay, I am really unsure why exactly (maybe the lifelike graphics but juddery gameplay which sticks my brain right in uncanny valley) but SC6 really does it for me. I am extremely competitive online which is weird as I get battered at everything else (bar Rockstar Table Tennis). The new additions are fun and Talim, Ivy and the new emo guy whos name I have forgotten are beast mode.

It's a biased 9/10 as a lifelong SC fan, missing 10 by a long stretch but as a recommendation - if you like any earlier Soul Calibur games in any way it's a must buy.

ellsworth004

@themcnoisy kinda made me want to get it from what ur saying! But im a big SC fan and havent played one i years, how does it compare to tekken gameplay wise?

ellsworth004

themcnoisy

@ellsworth004 get it! I am still to play Tekken on the PS4. However I will do you a deal and buy Tekken if you buy SC6.

ellsworth004

@themcnoisy i dont own tekken ob ps4 either, what i meant was about the gameplay. Ive heard it kinda like tekken with weapons, and ive always loved tekken. So ive been leabing toward getting this..also because the single player content sounds great!

ellsworth004

themcnoisy

@ellsworth004 I personally prefer SC, more blocking and parrying style. But they are both very good by all accounts.

klky

I would love to get both Tekken 7 and Soul Calibur 6 but unfortunately, BANDAI NAMCO has chosen to release it only in Chinese/Korean in Hong Kong which is silly.

klky

ellsworth004

So i picked up sekiro, pretty hard so far. Im a huge fan of souls games but the combat is so much different. Anyone have any tips that might help me get my head around this combat system? I understand the basics, parry, hit, repeat to break their guard, but im still pretty terrible.

ellsworth004

klky

@ellsworth004 I also picked up Sekiro but haven't played very much of it (tackling RDR2 at the moment). Something I didn't realize until after I got killed a bunch of times is that you have to "lock-on" to enemies by pressing R3. This is especially important when dealing with multiple fighters so the system knows who you're attacking. You're otherwise swinging and missing a lot. (Not sure if Bloodborne or Dark Souls are similar as I've not played either). I can't remember if I've played a game with this type of system before. Usually you just use the thumb stick to point in the direction of your attack. I think the process of parry, hit, repeat is more about getting used to the timing of the sequence and of the various fighters.

klky

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic