Forums

Topic: General PlayStation 4 Thread

Posts 621 to 640 of 791

Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

Well Atlus has made the Raidou Kuzunoha Devil
Summoner games @Kidfried @Jaz007 which have action based gameplay... They aren't that amazing though...

So... Not that surprised they branched out for this. Plus Atlus is probably busy with the Fantasy RPG that i forgot the name of, SMT V and P5:Royal.

Never played a dynasty warriors game before either... Closest I've got is dead rising 2 and that's only cus of the "huge mob" of enemies...So can't really comment on how omega force could do more.

They seem to do well with other companies properties though like Zelda, Dragon Quest and stuff... So hopefully they'll do it right

Edit - Of course they could've went to Vanillaware for something a bit more unique in 2D... But I have no idea what they're up to with 13 sentinels (Or whatever it's called) being released weirdly and I don't think they'd wanna take on someone else's property

Edited on by Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

You don't need to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of - Aigis, Persona 3

"No cost too great. No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering" - Hollow Knight

Trajan

New PS4 pro owner. First PS console other than a PS2 a friend gave me [played the Xenosaga trilogy]. Really digging this console. Should have bought one earlier. Was tempted last year but couldn't find one for awhile.

My question is in regards to charging the controller. Is it ok to have it plugged into a wall adaptor? I'd rather not having USB cables coming off the console.

Do the batteries have a break in? First few days it only lasted like 6ish hours. Now its lasting like 16.

Sakurai: Which is why I think we should forget about console wars and focus on what’s really important: enjoying the games themselves.

"If we did this (mobile games), Nintendo would cease to be Nintendo." - Iwata

JohnnyShoulder

@Trajan Yeah you can charge the controllers with any compatible usb cable and plug.

It might have been only partially charged straight out of the box, then when you first charged it, it was then at max strength.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

@Trajan Welcome to the club!
You will soon discover how pathetic and meaningless life was before the PS4!

What games are you starting out with?

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Trajan

@Th3solution lol

I bought MGSV with the system. I also picked up battlefield 1 because I thought it looked neat back when it came out. P5 is on the way too. I'm sure I'll buy GTA5 soon too.

God of War after those.

Edited on by Trajan

Sakurai: Which is why I think we should forget about console wars and focus on what’s really important: enjoying the games themselves.

"If we did this (mobile games), Nintendo would cease to be Nintendo." - Iwata

Frigate

@Trajan Oh man are you in for a treat! I wish I could experience some games all over again, you are going to have so much fun!

Frigate

ellsworth004

My brother and me want to play a co-op game together, not couch co-op as we dont live close to each other. We both have farcry 5 but have never really played. Anyone played it co-op? Is it good?

ellsworth004

PSN: ellsworth004

RR529

I'm in a JRPG kinda mood so I just started up Tales of Zestiria this morning (I got it during one of the December or January sales). Not much to say on it yet since I'm just now to the point of getting ready to leave the opening area.

Currently Playing:
Switch - NSMBU Deluxe
PS4 - Moss

Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

My copy of Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth - Hacker's Memory (Mouthful of a name or what?) arrived yesterday after a dispatching error.

Put in six hours (Though that's with breaks as it doesn't stop the timer at all) over yesterday and today and I'm enjoying it.

Probably could've shaved an hour an a half off the time I was actually playing it if I didn't do some grinding ... but it was pretty enjoyable, got like 20 digimon already... I admittedly made all the original ones i remember from the show 😅

The branching paths really are something on all those 'mons i can get though. The fact that they aren't set in stone and I can de-digivolve them and switch it up to a different 'mon (after leveling it back up and meeting certain stat requirements) is nice.

Plus the fact I only have to see them (Or scan them as it says in game) in battle a number of times to fill up a "progress bar" to 100% (They're Digital Monsters after all) to make them (rather then catch them like Pokémon) is interesting too... Have only seen the lowest rank of Digimon enough yet though.

Plus being able to save pretty much anywhere is neat!

Only nitpicks I have so far is the environments in "Eden" are pretty standard cyberspace/internet looking locals with blocks, pixels and stuff (Though for a game that's only 5GB big and was mainly made for VITA it's great) and the Jap only VA (I like my ENG dubs) but... Yeah enjoying it so far!

You don't need to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of - Aigis, Persona 3

"No cost too great. No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering" - Hollow Knight

RogerRoger

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Glad you're enjoying it, after being on the fence about making the purchase.

PSN ID: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

Thanks @RogerRoger !

Mmm I'm quite enjoying it. Had a pretty tough boss fight last night and almost got wiped out. I'm on chapter 4 now of... 18 I think with 12 hours racked up! 😅

To be honest I'm surprised that Bandai-Namco hasn't tried to put this on the Switch. It's also on Vita and the cel shaded-ness means it looks nice whilst also not being TOO graphically intensive.

They could probably sell a decent number of copies as it does have a more narrative focus to it then the traditional Pokémon games and I always see that wish for a mainline Pokémon to have an actual story to it...

Ralizah

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy It's only available on Vita/PS4, so I'm guessing some sort of exclusivity is involved.

Something called Digimon Survive is coming to the Switch, apparently.

I tried Cyber Sleuth on Vita and wanted to love it. The setting is very cool. I just... don't like Digimon.

Ralizah

PSN: Ralizah

Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

I remember you saying before @Ralizah , sorry you didn't enjoy it!

It could be exclusive... But I don't really see why Sony would force it on this (It's hardly a breadwinner like mainline Persona games). I just think Bandai-Namco may be a touch lazy?

Digimon Survive is a weird one... It looks like it'll play like a grid based strategy rpg but there's survival elements to it and apparently characters can get bumped off in it depending on your actions?

Quite a bizarre premise 😅

Ralizah

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy I'll probably try it again sometime. Like I said, there are aspects of the game that are very cool. Maybe I'll watch some of the anime and actually learn about these creatures a little bit.

To be fair, I don't think Sony is necessarily ENFORCING exclusivity on mainline Persona games, either. I just don't think Atlus wants the games on other systems. Not really a viewpoint I can understand, but it's hardly like they're only this way with Sony.

Falcom seems to be this way, too. They pick a target system and just develop for whatever that system is, and are deeply uninterested in porting the games to other platforms subsequently (the Ys VIII Switch port only happened because of NIS).

Perhaps it's a broader difference between Western and Eastern game development and release philosophies?

Ralizah

Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

I barely remember the anime @Ralizah beyond the premise in that the kids get pulled into the "Digital world" somehow and meet up with the Digimon they have on their (tamogotchi like) digivices

Beyond that it's a blur. My daughter could probably say more, she was the one who really liked it. Though looking up when it originally released made me feel ridiculously old... It's half my age! 😅

Yeah you're probably right in that's more to do with Eastern release philosophies.

Though I'm curious as to why Digimon Survive is releasing on Xbox One of all things... Even P5 scramble isn't coming to that. And I honestly doubt there's more Digimon fans on Xbox then Persona fans. Or ya know... any xD

Ralizah

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Haha. When I first showed my young nephew an OG Game Boy, he stared at the thing like it was some kind of prehistoric relic. THAT definitely made me feel old. I was around when they were still releasing brand new games for it, after all. I remember how excited I was as a small child when I finally got a copy of Pokemon Red at a Chuck E. Cheeses birthday party.

It still amazes me that the Xbox One gets any Japanese games, considering how poorly they seem to sell on that platform. It must be incredibly cheap to pump out unoptimized PS4 ports to it. Hard to believe that, just a generation ago, the 360 was incredibly competitive on that front.

Ralizah

Matroska

Does anyone know if you can use your normal PSN account (so UK/PAL here) to patch an imported game? I'm pretty sure DLC normally has to be downloaded from the same region as the game, not sure about patches. I've just got Zanki Zero and I don't really want to go through the hassle of making a Hong Kong account.

Matroska

PSN: Matroska_

KALofKRYPTON

@Matroska Patches should be fine as they aren't tied to the regional nature of the PS Store. I have several Play-Asia games that are fine.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic