Forums

Topic: General PlayStation 4 Thread

Posts 581 to 600 of 1,795

Ralizah

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy It's only available on Vita/PS4, so I'm guessing some sort of exclusivity is involved.

Something called Digimon Survive is coming to the Switch, apparently.

I tried Cyber Sleuth on Vita and wanted to love it. The setting is very cool. I just... don't like Digimon.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

PSN: Ralizah

HallowMoonshadow

I remember you saying before @Ralizah , sorry you didn't enjoy it!

It could be exclusive... But I don't really see why Sony would force it on this (It's hardly a breadwinner like mainline Persona games). I just think Bandai-Namco may be a touch lazy?

Digimon Survive is a weird one... It looks like it'll play like a grid based strategy rpg but there's survival elements to it and apparently characters can get bumped off in it depending on your actions?

Quite a bizarre premise 😅

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Ralizah

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy I'll probably try it again sometime. Like I said, there are aspects of the game that are very cool. Maybe I'll watch some of the anime and actually learn about these creatures a little bit.

To be fair, I don't think Sony is necessarily ENFORCING exclusivity on mainline Persona games, either. I just don't think Atlus wants the games on other systems. Not really a viewpoint I can understand, but it's hardly like they're only this way with Sony.

Falcom seems to be this way, too. They pick a target system and just develop for whatever that system is, and are deeply uninterested in porting the games to other platforms subsequently (the Ys VIII Switch port only happened because of NIS).

Perhaps it's a broader difference between Western and Eastern game development and release philosophies?

HallowMoonshadow

I barely remember the anime @Ralizah beyond the premise in that the kids get pulled into the "Digital world" somehow and meet up with the Digimon they have on their (tamogotchi like) digivices

Beyond that it's a blur. My daughter could probably say more, she was the one who really liked it. Though looking up when it originally released made me feel ridiculously old... It's half my age! 😅

Yeah you're probably right in that's more to do with Eastern release philosophies.

Though I'm curious as to why Digimon Survive is releasing on Xbox One of all things... Even P5 scramble isn't coming to that. And I honestly doubt there's more Digimon fans on Xbox then Persona fans. Or ya know... any xD

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Ralizah

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Haha. When I first showed my young nephew an OG Game Boy, he stared at the thing like it was some kind of prehistoric relic. THAT definitely made me feel old. I was around when they were still releasing brand new games for it, after all. I remember how excited I was as a small child when I finally got a copy of Pokemon Red at a Chuck E. Cheeses birthday party.

It still amazes me that the Xbox One gets any Japanese games, considering how poorly they seem to sell on that platform. It must be incredibly cheap to pump out unoptimized PS4 ports to it. Hard to believe that, just a generation ago, the 360 was incredibly competitive on that front.

RogerRoger

@crimsontadpoles Get used to thinking like that for a while!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Matroska

Does anyone know if you can use your normal PSN account (so UK/PAL here) to patch an imported game? I'm pretty sure DLC normally has to be downloaded from the same region as the game, not sure about patches. I've just got Zanki Zero and I don't really want to go through the hassle of making a Hong Kong account.

Matroska

PSN: Matroska_

KALofKRYPTON

@Matroska Patches should be fine as they aren't tied to the regional nature of the PS Store. I have several Play-Asia games that are fine.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

Matroska

@KALofKRYPTON Thanks. Yeah, it worked. I got a DLC code in the box but no idea what it's for. It doesnt work on the EU store so presumably I need either a HK account or a genwral Asian one.

Matroska

PSN: Matroska_

RogerRoger

@Kidfried Holy cow, that does sound awesome! Was never interested in the first, was semi-curious about the second but this? This sounds like a game I'd play.

Guess we'll find out whether it's all true or not at E3.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Jaz007

Well, after a bit more than 32 hours in the airport, I’m finally on a plane. Whew.

Jaz007

Th3solution

@RogerRoger @Kidfried Same here. I never got beyond the curiosity stage for the first two games, but this one sounds like one I’ll probably want to play. Only I hope they make the game easily approachable for newbies to the franchise.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Th3solution

@Jaz007 Good luck. At least they seem to have been diligent to ensure your safety. Better 32 hours delayed than at the bottom of the Ocean. Still, what a horrible night you must have had. Hope it is all worth it!

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Jaz007

@Th3solution Oh, I posted that in the wrong thread oops. 😂 and I think it’ll be with it. I’m glad I didn’t just decide to go for a week. Then it would’ve really cut into the trip.

Jaz007

RogerRoger

@Jaz007 No matter the thread, just glad to hear you're making progress! Travel safe!

Making It So Since 1987

redd214

@Kidfried that's sounds really good! I really enjoyed the first game haven't gotten around to part 2 yet. But I thought the first one was a very good open world/gta clone. Can't wait to see it in a few weeks!

redd214

themcnoisy

PS4 Song

In 2013 along came a cute black slab
AMD powered CPU conjured in the lab
Mark Cerny drinking champers Yoshida did the dab
Sony back mother f#£&ers Resogun stamped it on the map

We love you PS4 what a gaming milestone
Even Billy bought one - who's since changed his name to Joan
Obamas gone, Trump is here - but there's one thing that didn't disappear
We love you PS4 can't wait to get you home

DS4 you beauty - bar that stupid light
500gb hard drive to store 5 games quite tight
Xbox floundering execs - Sony did it right
Wii U - wtf is that - absolute piece of sh#£e

First Party hits - Made Sony Rich - Create the buzz - The last of us - creating scenes all built in Dreams - plant the seed - Kratos can't read - let's go raid - Aloys a babe!

So the PS4 is boss has been since the start
VR is making headway to blow your brain apart
What a time to be alive and if you will be smart
Stop buying GTA V as its always in the charts!

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Th3solution

@themcnoisy Ha, ha! Bravo, sir. What’s the tune? I’m reading it in my head and hearing it maybe with a rap or hip-hop jive.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic