Forums

Topic: General PlayStation 4 Thread

Posts 561 to 580 of 1,795

JohnnyShoulder

@Octane Yeah that does my head in. Not as bad as some other games mind. I always go for the standard version if I can, most of the extra stuff just seems like pointless tatt to me.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Jaz007

A side-mission shouldn’t be locked behind the digital deluxe version of a game. That’s insane and the spread chart is turning me off to the game. Greed greed greed.

Jaz007

themcnoisy

@Frigate happened to me too. I had a first run playstation 4. It was always temperamental. Then it started randomly crashing and was virtually unusable if you browse the Web through it. Then it was too much to bear. So I caved and got a pro.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Octane

@Jaz007 Yeah, I can understand the season pass being part of it, but a side mission locked off doesn't sound great. I mean, it's only one mission after all, and probably not important. But they really want to make you feel like you're missing out on stuff if you don't buy the most expensive version.

Octane

JohnnyShoulder

It gets worse for Control. Most of those extras are exclusive to PS4, with the season pass being a timed exclusive. Check out the skinny load of extras you get with the XBO versions.

Untitled

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Jaz007

@Octane It also locks people who it the most expensive physical version out of it too, so it’s been worse for trying to coerce you into buying digital.

Jaz007

MaccaMUFC

I’m having a bit of problem here and hoping someone can help me out. I’ve just set up my PS4 Pro again since I’ve decided to keep it and as I was installing all the games again I noticed I couldn’t install Uncharted 4 Digital Edition, it said it was unavailable as I already own the original release of Uncharted 4 but the thing is I can’t find it anywhere on the PS Store? 🤔

MaccaMUFC

RogerRoger

@MaccaMUFC Did you play it on disc before? I've noticed a couple games greyed out or "Unavailable" on the PS Store before after I've played the disc. It's random, though; some others I'm still invited to pay for again, even when they're installed.

Also, when you were thinking of getting rid of your PS4 Pro, did you deactivate it as your Primary Console? That might have something to do with it.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

MaccaMUFC

@RogerRoger No I bought the game on the PS Store awhile ago and was playing it just over a month ago before I decided to sell the PS4 Pro. I did a factory reset of the console before I packed it away but I’m still able to re-download all my other games but just not Uncharted 4. I’ve activated it as my primary PS4 and even restored licences but it still says it’s unavailable.

Edit: I’ve sorted it now, I just had to go to the Library tab on the PS Store then to Purchased and all my games I’ve bought was there including the original release of Uncharted 4.

Edited on by MaccaMUFC

MaccaMUFC

RogerRoger

@MaccaMUFC Ah, glad you sorted it. I keep forgetting about the Library function on PS4 so would never have thought to suggest that! I was about to go down a whole big "contact Sony" rabbit hole which would've been far, far more complex.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Jaz007

So we’re getting a P5 Warriors game. It’s cool, but I wish they done something more experimental with it and had made their own person action game. Something less tried and true.

Jaz007

Kidfried

@Jaz007 I kinda agree here. I haven't played P5 yet, but for a game series that is so well known for its personality and style, it feels slightly off to just see its graphics applied to a franchise like this, as if Persona is nothing more than a coat of paint.

EDIT: Obviously, that's just based on what I took away from the trailer. Maybe the spin-off will implement Persona's character and gameplay in a cool way?

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

HallowMoonshadow

Well Atlus has made the Raidou Kuzunoha Devil
Summoner games @Kidfried @Jaz007 which have action based gameplay... They aren't that amazing though...

So... Not that surprised they branched out for this. Plus Atlus is probably busy with the Fantasy RPG that i forgot the name of, SMT V and P5:Royal.

Never played a dynasty warriors game before either... Closest I've got is dead rising 2 and that's only cus of the "huge mob" of enemies...So can't really comment on how omega force could do more.

They seem to do well with other companies properties though like Zelda, Dragon Quest and stuff... So hopefully they'll do it right

Edit - Of course they could've went to Vanillaware for something a bit more unique in 2D... But I have no idea what they're up to with 13 sentinels (Or whatever it's called) being released weirdly and I don't think they'd wanna take on someone else's property

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

JohnnyShoulder

@Trajan Yeah you can charge the controllers with any compatible usb cable and plug.

It might have been only partially charged straight out of the box, then when you first charged it, it was then at max strength.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

@Trajan Welcome to the club!
You will soon discover how pathetic and meaningless life was before the PS4!

What games are you starting out with?

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

ellsworth004

My brother and me want to play a co-op game together, not couch co-op as we dont live close to each other. We both have farcry 5 but have never really played. Anyone played it co-op? Is it good?

ellsworth004

PSN: ellsworth004

RR529

I'm in a JRPG kinda mood so I just started up Tales of Zestiria this morning (I got it during one of the December or January sales). Not much to say on it yet since I'm just now to the point of getting ready to leave the opening area.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

HallowMoonshadow

My copy of Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth - Hacker's Memory (Mouthful of a name or what?) arrived yesterday after a dispatching error.

Put in six hours (Though that's with breaks as it doesn't stop the timer at all) over yesterday and today and I'm enjoying it.

Probably could've shaved an hour an a half off the time I was actually playing it if I didn't do some grinding ... but it was pretty enjoyable, got like 20 digimon already... I admittedly made all the original ones i remember from the show 😅

The branching paths really are something on all those 'mons i can get though. The fact that they aren't set in stone and I can de-digivolve them and switch it up to a different 'mon (after leveling it back up and meeting certain stat requirements) is nice.

Plus the fact I only have to see them (Or scan them as it says in game) in battle a number of times to fill up a "progress bar" to 100% (They're Digital Monsters after all) to make them (rather then catch them like Pokémon) is interesting too... Have only seen the lowest rank of Digimon enough yet though.

Plus being able to save pretty much anywhere is neat!

Only nitpicks I have so far is the environments in "Eden" are pretty standard cyberspace/internet looking locals with blocks, pixels and stuff (Though for a game that's only 5GB big and was mainly made for VITA it's great) and the Jap only VA (I like my ENG dubs) but... Yeah enjoying it so far!

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

RogerRoger

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Glad you're enjoying it, after being on the fence about making the purchase.

Making It So Since 1987

HallowMoonshadow

Thanks @RogerRoger !

Mmm I'm quite enjoying it. Had a pretty tough boss fight last night and almost got wiped out. I'm on chapter 4 now of... 18 I think with 12 hours racked up! 😅

To be honest I'm surprised that Bandai-Namco hasn't tried to put this on the Switch. It's also on Vita and the cel shaded-ness means it looks nice whilst also not being TOO graphically intensive.

They could probably sell a decent number of copies as it does have a more narrative focus to it then the traditional Pokémon games and I always see that wish for a mainline Pokémon to have an actual story to it...

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic