Forums

Topic: General PlayStation 4 Thread

Posts 421 to 440 of 1,795

Th3solution

@KALofKRYPTON I don’t know. Whatever default format that the PS4 uses.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

KALofKRYPTON

@Th3solution that could be it.

You can change the PS4 screenshot output from JPEG to PNG. That should improve quality at least. Not much you could do to the shot in question now though other than post process it.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

Th3solution

@KALofKRYPTON So PNG is a higher detail file? I didn’t realize. I’ll check my PS4 when I get home and see what it’s set to. (still at work 😞)

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

KALofKRYPTON

@Th3solution that's actually a tricky one. They both have their benefits, but PNG is lossless compression - whereas JPEG does lose some detail, but makes for far smaller files.

Not sure how that may work out for you. JPEG is fine for photos really, but something like game images may look better as png.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

RogerRoger

@Th3solution If it helps (because things got a tad technical for me earlier) I have a PS4 Pro with HDR set to Automatic, so those games with HDR support flicker when I boot them up and when the screen returns, the colours are noticeably different; they're more subdued, allowing for greater image detail.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider was one such game; when I'm taking screencaps in that, or any other HDR-supported game, I have to remember to adjust the brightness up a few more points than I normally would because once I've quit and the HDR is deactivated, everything looks a little darker than it did in-game. That subdued effect I mentioned earlier, too, works wonders for things like motion blur and dynamic lighting when running around, but can also wash out vibrant colours in a static image; afterwards, without HDR, some of my shots look like they've had the saturation turned right up, so I'm always careful to balance that aspect, too. Takes some practice and for every shot I keep, there are five or six variants with different brightness, saturation and colour filters applied; I then look through them in my Capture Gallery and retain my favourite.

This certainly sounds similar to your green water issue, but then you mentioned that you didn't use HDR when playing (and that's around the point I got stuck, sorry).

And yeah, definitely switch to .png captures as @KALofKRYPTON suggests.

Hope you can escape work soon!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Jaz007

Okay, so I started Resi 6 to get past the prolouge so I could have it ready for co-op. It made a good first impression. I heard about the action game it was, and Resi 5 was an action game too, so I don't mind that. It feels like Uncharted 3 and Resident Evil had a baby, it would be this game.

Jaz007

Octane

The Japanese box art of Red Dead Redemption suggests the game ships on two discs rather than one. So instead of having to download the other half of the game, everything is on disc; That's pretty good news if it applies to all regions. It says ''2 discs'' on the back of the box in one of the blue squares on the left:

https://assets.vg247.com/current/2018/10/red_dead_redemption_...

@get2sammyb & @ShogunRok may be interested in this?

Octane

Octane

What happened to Astro Bot? It's pretty much sold out everywhere, and the only retailer that still sells it is selling it for only €9.99. That went fast lol.

Octane

Kidfried

Ouch, this doesn't bode well!

Change Online ID Overview

As part of the System Software 6.10 preview, we are rolling out the upcoming Change Online ID system feature. As a preview user you will be able to change your Online ID using the new system tools.

To use this feature please ensure you have a clear understanding of the implications of changing your Online ID and the software’s restrictions – described in the following sections – before software installation. If you are unsure, do not download and install the Preview Programme software.

Important Information Before Changing your Online ID:

Not all games and applications for PS4™, PS3™, PS Vita, and other PlayStation® systems support the Online ID change feature. If you change your Online ID:

• You may lose access to content (including paid-for content) that you have acquired for your games, including content like add-ons and virtual currency.
  • You may lose your progress within games, including game saved data, leaderboard data and progress toward trophies.
  • Parts of your games and applications might not function properly, both online and offline.
  • Your previous Online ID(s) may remain visible to you and other players in some places.

Change Online ID Restrictions During Preview:

The changes during the preview will adhere to the following structure:

• First change is free for all users.
  • Second change will be charged at €9.99 / £7.99 (PlayStation®Plus subscribers receive a 50% discount).
  • If your previous Online ID violates any of the current Terms of Service, you will not be able to revert back to your previous Online ID.
  • You can revert to your previous Online ID once per account during the preview period.
  • Sub-Accounts cannot utilise the Change Online ID feature.
  • After you change your Online ID, it may take a few hours for some services and applications to reflect the new ID.

If for any reason you have issues after changing your Online ID you can revert back to your previous ID at no charge. However:

• you may only do this once during the preview period;
  • changing back to your previous Online ID may not fix all issues (you may not recover all or any lost content, progress and functionality; and
  • if you want to change back, do so as soon as possible because changing back to your previous Online ID may affect content, game progress and functionality associated with your new Online ID.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ps4-6-1-fw-testing-emails-be...

Kidfried

Jaz007

@Kidfried If you look at the article that says the codes have been sent out, someone got one and said it's been working flawlessly so far.

Jaz007

JohnnyShoulder

@Jaz007 Doesn't mean it will work as well for everyone though. The warnings are in place for a reason.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Jaz007

@JohnnyShoulder True enough, but these may end up being rare. In which case, it shows promise that these problems will be gone after the beta, in time for the official release.

Jaz007

Jaz007

I had a thought prompteted by all the Lego screenshots in the screenshots thread. You know I might have interest Lego games again if a new developer who forgot about the current developer's way of making them got a chance. I'd love to have something more in the vein of Lego Island than a copy paste of the formula since Lego Star Wars. Does anyone else remember Lego Island?

Jaz007

Kidfried

@Jaz007 Oh, I 'member!

Lego Island, specifically 1 but 2 as well, were amazing games. That would be awesome, but I fear it's just too risky/difficult for the publisher to sell a Lego game without another franchise attached to it.

Kidfried

Th3solution

@beemo Yeah! @RogerRoger and I were saying the exact same thing over at the Recommendations thread the other day. I put the same question out there and not a soul has responded to say they played it. The ‘Net is strangely quiet about any impressions or reviews of the game after the first episode. So strange how it fell off the face of the earth and no one seems to have played it. I’m with you though, I’m willing to take a chance on it for the price, since alternate history and story based games are right up my alley.

Edited on by Th3solution

RogerRoger

@beemo If you do try it, please tag me in any thoughts you put down in writing (and thanks to @Th3solution for including me in this, too). EU sales can sometimes reflect previous discounts from the US, so if it pops up for a good price on this side of the pond it'd be awesome to know what you think.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Jaz007

uhhh, Nekopara just showed up the PSN store and it's rated E... The ESRB website says the same thing.... I know Sony censored it a bit, but I feel like this can't be right. Not even E with Suggestive themes, but a nothing E. This has less to the content rating than Mario Party. For a point of reference it says it's rated M on the Switch for sexual themes.
All of that aside though, it looks too cute and I might have to get it.

Jaz007

Jaz007

So Nekopara is now rated M, not E. There have been no updates to it, it simply was a mistake that it was E. I said as much and I was right.
@Get2sammyb @Shogunrock You might want to put up another article or update the first one.

Jaz007

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic