Forums

Topic: General PlayStation 4 Thread

Posts 401 to 420 of 1,795

Tjuz

@beemo I really hope you wanted to play Mass Effect 2 because you played the first one years ago and never get around to playing the sequels and weren't meaning to start with the 2nd one! If you were, don't! Mass Effect should absolutely be played from the beginning.

Tjuz

Th3solution

In suppose this is as good a place as any, but about SHAREFactory — how do you post content that you create. I assume there is an automatic mechanic to upload to a YouTube account, but I see that you can just create gifs and so those do you just save to your PS4 HD and then upload to your online image saving site via the PS4’s web browser?

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Th3solution

@RogerRoger @KALofKrypton
Ooooos... forgot to mention you guys for the above post.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

KALofKRYPTON

@Th3solution You can publish directly to social media accounts (and youtube I think), though I always just exported to a USB stick so I could stick them directly on to my phone or whatever.

Not sure about gifs - it's been ages since I used it.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

RogerRoger

@Th3solution Yeah, the .gifs are automatically saved to your Capture Gallery. I'm afraid that I don't know whether it's possible to upload them directly via the PS4's web browser, as I always copy my Capture Gallery content to a USB stick and transfer it to my laptop, upon which I rename and organise everything before uploading to online hosting.

You can, however, automatically upload them to certain connected social media accounts, as you're prompted to every time you create something; for videos, you're given YouTube, Twitter and Facebook hotlinks, whereas for .gifs and screencap montages, I think it's just Twitter and Facebook. I may be wrong about that, though; since I use the convoluted method and am allergic to social media, I'm quick to dismiss the prompt.

If you hover over something in your Capture Gallery and press the Share button, you're taken to a list of options for uploading and sharing elsewhere, including your PSN profile. Try that and see what comes up.

Sorry; you asked the one question I'm not 100% certain about!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@RogerRoger @KALofKRYPTON Yeah, I almost never use the PS4 web browser, it seems so cumbersome. But if it saves a step from having to download to a USB, then reupload to a PC, then it might be worth trying.
I am not particularly creative with video or image capture. I’ve been playing a little with the photo modes of some games, most recently with Shadow of the Tomb Raider, and I sit there for like 10 minutes tweaking a shot, changing the distance, modifying the colors and borders, moving the camera, then switching back to default and trying again until I come up with what I think is the perfect shot, then when I look at it later it looks horrible and nowhere near as good as the stuff posted by people here and in the community thread. 😅 I suppose I just don’t have a knack for it.
So I probably won’t mess with SHAREFactory much unless I get particularly bored one day or something.

KALofKRYPTON

@Th3solution

I'd usually upload to YouTube/fb using my phone as it was usually quicker (5gHz wifi/EE4G) than the PS4.

Just keep trying with it and post some shots.

Video - certainly with tools like SHAREfactory and having direct capture is pretty easy to work with - certainly just to show a quick scene with some transitions and whatnot.

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

RogerRoger

@Th3solution Goodness yeah, the PS4's browser is awful. Steer well clear.

But that's fair enough; I sometimes feel that I focus a bit too much on things like Photo Modes and video editing, forgetting that there's an actual game to be played (when I recently replayed Uncharted 4 and did my second run of Tomb Raider, I found some parts unenjoyable because I was stopping every thirty seconds to take a picture). Sometimes, though, I've found the reverse, and it's made me spend WAY more time with Mass Effect Andromeda than it deserves, because I've been editing my playthrough into something easily-watchable so that I never have to play it again.

You've also, however, just perfectly described the common artistic feeling of "my stuff is no good" and I'm therefore confident in saying, without having seen a single one of them, that your screenshots are better than you think they are. I hope you haven't deleted them.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@RogerRoger @KALofKRYPTON Well, I think I’ve deleted most of them that I’ve recently taken in Shadow of the TR and Horizon. Maybe kept a couple but they just don’t capture the beauty that I feel when playing the game live. I got a couple decent ones in Shadow of the Collosus because that game is so amazingly picturesque that you can just screen shot any moment and it looks like a Rembrandt.

RogerRoger

@Th3solution Understood completely; however, if you're ever feeling brave enough to share, I'd love to see some of them. No pressure or anything, mind.

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@Th3solution Whereas I demand screenshots! Pressure *1 million!

Th3solution

@KALofKRYPTON @RogerRoger lol, we’ll see. I do wonder if it makes a difference if the images are captured on a PS4 pro or a standard PS4. My shots don’t have near the clarity that I see on here. I would think it wouldn’t make a difference since the images are shrunk to fit on my phone display anyways, it’s not like I’m looking at them on a 60 inch screen in 1080p. By my vanilla PS4 shots look ‘muddier’ and less crisp than the ones I see you all posting. I don’t quite understand such things, but maybe I’m wrong and it is my equipment and not actually my talent 😁

KALofKRYPTON

@Th3solution @RogerRoger I hadn't considered that. I suppose HDR processing and the like could affect the captured image - and of course, everyone's screen settings are likely quite different.

But - I've certainly produced a decent shot or two from my standard PS4.

Honestly - a shot you may not think much of could be food for someone else's soul!

Tjuz

@beemo Ah! That's a possibility too. Glad you have played all of the games then!

Tjuz

Th3solution

@KALofKRYPTON One of the shots I spent the most time on was an underwater shot of Lara Croft in a beautifully lit scene, but when I looked at the picture on my phone, the water looks a strange green color and the lighting is so dark ... it looks nothing like it did on my TV. It is hardly recognizable. So I feel like there might be an effect that HDR provides (I don’t have an HDR capable TV)

KALofKRYPTON

@Th3solution I'd say that it's more likely to be your phone display?

What sort of phone? Most phone displays are set up to be pretty warm and over saturated out of the box these days.

That said - I don;t think HDR can be enabled unless the TV supports it... not sure on that though.

Th3solution

@KALofKRYPTON I have an iPhone X, and the display is typically quite lovely. The other screen shots look beautiful that people post. But yes, I don’t believe I have the option to enable HDR on my PS4 because my TV doesn’t support it.

KALofKRYPTON

@Th3solution hmmmm... Maybe try alternating the 'True Tone' display setting?

Th3solution

@KALofKRYPTON Welp, disabling True Tone makes it look even worse. I tried cranking up the brightness and it doesn’t help either. It’s like the detail is missing from the time image that was there on the TV.
I’ll try messing around with some new screen caps later when I get home and see if maybe my PS4 settings need to be adapted.
What I really need is a 4K HDR TV and a PS4 Pro! I’m holding out for the PS5 though.

KALofKRYPTON

@Th3solution Waaaaait! Is it a JPEG?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic