Forums

Topic: General PlayStation 4 Thread

Posts 361 to 380 of 1,795

Th3solution

@Jaz007 Yeah, with the 2 TB external HD about half full, plus my 500 GB being 3/4 full, I have a bunch of stuff on there I don’t need. For example when I was reorganizing I saw I still have the data downloaded for Walking Dead Seaosn 3. I’ll never play that again, I really should just delete that. Now, Batman Arkham Knight, yes, I plan to return to it and maybe one day I’ll have a itch to randomly return to it so I leave it on there. But I tuck it away in a folder with others that I have only partially finished and never really got into but might return to like No Man’s Sky. Then I’ll put some of the games I’ve got in my backlog in other folders based on what kind of game and length of game they are so I can go to the respective folder when the mood hits. And one of the best uses of folders is to just put all all those useless (well useless to me) apps in one folder so I don’t have to scroll through them, like PSVue and PSNow, and all those other multimedia apps Sony puts on there.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Jaz007

@Th3solution The useless apps one sounds like a good idea. I wonder if you can put specific streaming apps like Netflix and Funimation on there. that would be nicer than having all the junk in the TV section thing Sony gives.

Jaz007

NecuVise

@Th3solution I also use a folder to keep all those unnecessary apps there and I literally named it "trash" I've never used any of those and probably never will so I think it's appropriate.

NecuVise

MaccaMUFC

Can anyone tell me if it’s worth getting PS+ when I’ll only be using the PS4 for exclusives? I’m looking to pick up a Pro at the beginning of November, I wanted the Spider-Man bundle but it looks like it’s sold out everywhere and I don’t know if it’s worth me just waiting till it’s closer to Christmas to see if Spider-Man and other exclusives are bundled together?

MaccaMUFC

Tasuki

@MaccaMUFC I think it's worth having PS+. If for nothing else then the deals you get on the PS+ store. But along with that you get the cloud saves and a few free games every month.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Kidfried

@Tasuki I agree.

@MaccaMUFC I have to add that it all depends on how much you're going to play on your PS4 and how much you are willing to spend.

If you're only getting the console for its exclusives, you're probably not going to use Plus to play online a lot. Last of Us, Uncharted, Drive Club, Gran Turismo, they have good multiplayer, but I don't know if you're interested in those.

There have been quite some exclusives in the past as PS Plus games, so it could benefit you even that way. Games like Bloodborne, Rather and Clank and Infamous have already come our way, but who knows what is still to come.

Kidfried

Bonbonetti

@MaccaMUFC If it's only for the exclusives I don't think it's worth it. To me Plus is great if you buy plenty of games (including non-exclusives), play lots of multiplayer, and/or want to take advantage of the monthly free games. The extra discounts on pre-orders can be really good, most notably when it comes to Indie games. The only reason I use Plus these days is for the extra discounts during sales, launches and pre-orders.

Edited on by Bonbonetti

Bonbonetti

Thrillho

@MaccaMUFC Also, keep an eye out in big sales as they often have discounted rates during these. If you already have an active membership, you can still buy this on top of what you've already paid for though.

I'm surprised at how few of the free games I've actually played this year. I think Rayman Legends is the only one I've played with Deux Ex and the Batman Telltale game downloaded but not played. Most of the others I've either played or don't interest me. Some stellar games like Bloodborne, MGS5, XCOM2 have all been on there in the last year.

The end of the PS3 era was great for me as I played the Tomb Raider Reboot, Bioshock Infinite, XCOM, Borderlands 2, Spec Ops: The Line all in a short period thanks to PS+

Thrillho

Th3solution

@MaccaMUFC At $60 for a year, all you need to get is probably around 2 of the free games that you end up playing and it has actually paid for itself (average value of the games given out is probably $30 or so) and then you have the convenience of cloud saves and online MP which is hard to put a value on. And if you buy your games in digital format, you will recoup that $60 easily in sales because PS Plus users get an additional 10-20% off a lot of the time. Many new exclusives are discounted day 1 for members. I seem to remember GoW was $54 for preorder rather than $59. Yakuza 6 was the same.
Now obviously it will be a better deal if you use your PS4 for multi platform too, but if you could get say Nioh, Uncharted the Drake Collection, The Order 1886, and Knack 2 all for free over the next year (all very realistic possibilities) then it’s more than paid for itself.
Besides, you are going to want to play The Last of Us 2’s multiplayer. 😁

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

MaccaMUFC

Thanks everyone to getting back to me, you’ve helped me to make my mind up and I honestly think the only benefit I’d get from PS+ is by using the extra discounts in sales. I’m not looking to play multiplayer, it’s single player I’m after and I’ve got plenty to play through with TLoU, Horizon: ZD, Spider-Man, Uncharted, GoW, Infamous, Beyond 2 Souls, Knack, Detroit: Become Human, Until Dawn, Yakuza and possibly exclusive indies that I don’t know about, as well as the upcoming games that are out next year like Days Gone, TLoU Part 2 and Ghost of Tsushima.

Even if a third party game I haven’t got on XB1 was on PS+ I’d still rather wait to play it on XB1 if it was eventually included with Game Pass, GwG or was in a sale since I like going for Achievements and the fact my Xbox is the main console I use.

I’ve always bought my games digitally and just rent games I don’t buy but if I saw a physical copy of an exclusive PS4 game that was cheaper than buying from the PS Store then I’d get it on disc or vice versa. I’m hoping that since a few exclusives have been out awhile that I can pick some up for really cheap like £15-£20.

MaccaMUFC

JohnnyShoulder

@Jaz007 No, I believe you can't move any of the TV apps like Netflix as they are fixed where they are.

I've got no games in folders as l like them all in one place. But I have a couple set up for stuff like the headphone app as I rarely use em but when I do I could never easily locate em. So at least in the folder I know where they are.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

NecuVise

@MaccaMUFC I think it's not as plus is mainly for online gaming, everything else is just added bonus so people feel they get value from it. If, only if, you are going to buy lots of games during sales then it may be worth it, but if you're going to play exclusives and a game here and there then skip it.

NecuVise

Jaz007

@MaccaMUFC I’d keep an eye on the free games and if there’s a month you think almost pays for itself, then subscribe. You have to keep subscribed to keep the games though.

Jaz007

MaccaMUFC

@NecuVise @Jaz007 That’s exactly why I’m not going to bother with it, all the exclusives I’ve listed that I want are mainly focused on single player. I don’t like the idea of having to keep subscribing to play the games, I’d rather own or rent them as some will have no replay value when I’ve finished the game.

MaccaMUFC

Fight_Teza_Fight

Astro Bot: Rescue Mission, becomes PSVRs first ever Metacritic Must-Play title (90)!
https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/astro-bot-rescu...

I’ve not been able to boot the game up yet, but I really like the dynamic theme that came with my pre-order .
The Rez Infinite theme had a good run!

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Jaz007

Why the freak is 47GB not enough to download a Battlefield 1 update? It's got all updates but whatever the latest one is. This is ridiculous.
Edit: It wants me to have 77GB open, what is this?
Edit 2: The update is 1.87GB........

Edited on by Jaz007

Jaz007

JohnnyShoulder

@Jaz007 I had the same issue with Destiny 2, the size of the update was really small but the update wouldn't install until I freed up something like another 20gb or something. It sucks cos I couldn't play the game until it had installed and I had left my ps4 in rest mode all week to download it. I only got an error message when I tried to play the game.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Octane

I didn't know what to think of Control, the E3 trailer was intriguing, but this gameplay demo from last week sold me on it.

Octane

Bonbonetti

Anyone else interested in 11-11 Memories Retold? It's a narrative-based game set in WWI. It has lots different endings depending on your choices and actions. So I imagine it being like a cross between Edith Finch and Life is Strange, in terms of gameplay.

Here's a trailer:

And some demo gameplay footage:

About the game, with Elijah Wood:

Edited on by Bonbonetti

Bonbonetti

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic