Forums

Topic: General PlayStation 4 Thread

Posts 301 to 320 of 1,795

Fight_Teza_Fight

@KratosMD The games are not as clearly themed as the anime was. They definitely cater more to an adult audience, which is probably the ‘core’ audience that grew up with Adventure.

Both games are very ‘dark’. Hacker’s Memory is damn near depressing at times. Also worth mentioning that they’re very long games (50+hours for just the main game), so the story does unravel even if it doesn’t hook you straight away.

I’d recommend getting back to Cyber Sleuth (1) whenever you get the chance to. It’s the better game & once you get into the digi-evo loop it’ll be hard to stop .

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Kidfried

Was excited for a new PS sale today, but at a glance it doesn't look like there is anything noteworthy on. Anyone have any recommendations on great deals?

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

KALofKRYPTON

@Kidfried Tomb Raider 2 is 99p!

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

Th3solution

@Kidfried Do you recommend Virginia for $2? It’s the only thing in the US sale that caught my eye.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Kidfried

@Th3solution Easily. It's something very different, which alone makes it worth the price:

• It's walking sim-y, but has no text at all.
  • Morality is an important theme, but you do not get to make choices.
  • It's very much inspired by 90's shows like X-Files and Twin Peaks, but also Stephilen King, but don't expect fuzzy nostalgia, outside of a few winks to this decade.

The game is short, and I would recommend playing through it in one or two go's. Still, its compactness and lack of dialogue, means that it requires your attention fully.

It's not a detective in which you have to solve a murder, but it is a detective for you to find out how everything is connected. I had to play through it twice to get it fully, but that also was a great way to get all the trophies.

I recommend it strongly. It has great style, one of the best soundtracks of the last few years, which is an immense feat for such a small title, and also one of the most innovative narrations in a video game.

I'd say it's a must play for everyone, even though the game isn't going to be for everyone.

(Also, dont read the reviews before playing the game. I think it's important to go in blind, for spoilers but also to prevent their impressions from framing your own experience too much if that makes sense.)

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

Th3solution

@Kidfried Awesome! Thanks! For $2 that sounds like a steal.
It does make me wonder if this sale price is in preparation for putting it on PS Plus soon. But at that price point, I can’t complain too much even if it does.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Fight_Teza_Fight

As much as I dislike the thought of giving money to EA, £4 for Battlefield 1 sounds like a steal. Heard good things about the campaign.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Jaz007

@Fight_Teza_Fight Along with the season pass for free, it is a steal. It’s a great game. I speak for the MP as I haven’t played through the campaign yet though.

Jaz007

Kidfried

@Fight_Teza_Fight Only four euro for a WW1 campaign? And, from what I've heard, a great mp mode on top? Pretty sick.

Kidfried

Tasuki

@Fight_Teza_Fight As much as I liked my time for Battlefield 1after playing Battlefield V it's hard for me to play it again, the TTK is just to slow for me, that and the gernade spam. The campaign though is good though and worth a playthrough.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Fight_Teza_Fight

@Jaz007 @Kidfried @Tasuki I've picked it up just for the WW1 campaign. Not much of a multiplayer guy, but I guess I can't go wrong for £4. Thanks for the input guys!

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.

Octane

@Kidfried I believe it's the same character we saw in the third trailer. I thought it was Mads' character, but they're separate characters it seems.

Octane

JohnnyShoulder

I might be in the minority here, but nothing I've seen of Death Stranding does anything for me. The E3 trailer I found to be a load of pretentious twaddle.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder It's only the fact that Hideo Kojima created Metal Gear which keeps me clicking on the various stories and watching the trailers. To be honest, that's no guarantee that this new game will be anywhere near as good, and until we get concrete confirmation of what the game actually is, all this smoke and mirrors nonsense is getting real old, real fast.

In other words, minority? Yes. Alone? Nope.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic