Forums

Topic: General PlayStation 4 Thread

Posts 221 to 240 of 1,795

NecuVise

Guys, I have a problem with my ds4 controller. When I use it its right side gets hot, while the left side stays normal. I first thought it's a battery so I changed it but that didn't help. Also, when I switch off the console its light continues pulsing, like it's searching for a console or charging a battery, I don't know. After some time it shuts off. Is there help for this? I can use everything without any problems except this overheating thing. Any ideas?

NecuVise

JohnnyShoulder

@NecuVise You changed the battery in a ds4? Not sure if you should be doing that. If it is still under warranty you could have sent it off to Sony but the warrnty is invalid now that you have opened it up.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

NecuVise

@JohnnyShoulder if it was under warranty I would have done it, I don't lack common sense, at least I think so

NecuVise

RogerRoger

@NecuVise It sounds like a problem with the internal circuits. Either it isn't getting the power-down command properly, or whatever regulates the draw on the internal battery is overloading, causing the heat. It'll either short itself out mid-use in a couple weeks, or the battery will start to leak, and you don't want that. I'd recommend a replacement.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@NecuVise Not at all. Although I hasten to add that I'm no expert; I've just heard of a few stories here and there and, when it comes to battery-powered devices overheating, I don't think anybody can be too careful.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

NecuVise

Well, maybe I'll keep it for very rare occasions when I have two friends over for some game time. It's not a big problsm as I have two others.

NecuVise

redd214

So my amazon preorder of Soul Calibur 6 just got updated with a delivery date of January 8th 2019 which happens to be a Tuesday. Can always count on Amazon to leak a date hope it's true. We shall see soon!

Edited on by redd214

redd214

RogerRoger

@NecuVise Ah, the ol' "you can have the busted controller" approach to local multiplayer...

Making It So Since 1987

NecuVise

@RogerRoger yeah, hehe but the biggest problem is that scarcity of games for more than two players. Heck, we don't even have that many games for two players.

NecuVise

RogerRoger

@NecuVise Indeed, they're a dying breed. Most things I've needed a second controller for in recent memory have been co-operative, at which point you don't want anybody using a busted DualShock as they'll let the side down!

Making It So Since 1987

NecuVise

@RogerRoger I think two there are two reasons for that: first is the weak cpu in current consoles which cannot handle calculations for two players and second is much improved online infrastructure on all sides. Many games have online coop which points to the weak cpu problem. Let's hope next gen consoles improve this a lot.

NecuVise

JohnnyShoulder

@kyleforrester87 oh lol didn't see it all the way down there!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Fight_Teza_Fight

Koei Tecmo open about making Nioh 2 a full PS exclusive?

Edited on by Fight_Teza_Fight

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

KALofKRYPTON

So after intending to do a database rebuild for a while - as my PS4 has been a sluggish beast for longer than I care to admit - and the database hasn't had a rebuild since the last big crash - which I can't even quite remember - I ran the database rebuild. And it's oh so smooth again, shocking how laggy the front end was for such a long time.

A bonus effect seems to be that the voice control is quite a bit smoother and responsive too.

@NecuVise Late to the party here, but have you tried the reset button on your DS4?

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

NecuVise

So, here's the situation. My friend shared me his account, I set it to primary on my ps4, downloaded some games and then he had to put it as a primary on his ps4 again, due to some unforseen circumstances. What's curios is that now I can play his games, but obviously can't use his ps plus. If I understood this account sharing correctly, I shouldn't be able play his games?

We would like to reverse the situation if it's possible, so he can play his games on his and other accounts on his ps4 but without setting it as a primary console.

Is this possible? And how is it that I can play his games without my ps4 being primary for his account?

NecuVise

Tasuki

@NecuVise From what I know share play is a sketchy subject. I know using it to get "free"ames is against Sony TOSE and can get your PSN account banned and therefore can't go into details here much about it. Your best bet is maybe try googling it.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic