Forums

Topic: General PlayStation 4 Thread

Posts 201 to 220 of 1,795

-Green-

I wonder if they'll have different forms of the zombies. In the case of the Last of Us, the fungal infection and its impact/development on humans was what made them unique and more entertaining than just plain zombies. Changs like those can add some life to enemies that are overdone as them. I actually like zombies in media, but with things that require so much time, it can get boring.

Edit: Actually wait. I think there was a zombie bear in one trailer.

Edited on by -Green-

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Octane

@-Green- Yeah, they're called 'infected'. The freaker is just one of many. I believe they also mentioned lurkers, and the bears, which are called savages IIRC.

Octane

Bonbonetti

I don't get how people are tired of zombies yet don't mind playing Fantasy game after Fantasy game with the same set of enemies: skeletons, goblins, evil sorcerers, elves, orcs, ogres, ghosts, bandits, dogs/wolves, dragons/wyverns, elementals, ghouls, trolls, vampires ...

I'm not tired of zombies, since I don't play every single game that has zombies in them, who actually does that?!

Bonbonetti

Octane

@Bonbonetti People that like to moan and complain about everything online!

...wait, I don't play every game that has zombies in them.., so I wouldn't know!

Octane

LuckyLand

@Bonbonetti I am one if those people lol
But I have to be honest, I don't like zombies so my opinion is biased obviously.

But let's be honest, you have mentioned yourself the variety of creatures in fantasy games. In zombie games there are zombies, zombies, zombies, zombies and then some zombies too.
In some fantasy games there are even zombies amongst other kind of creatures! So your criticism is not really fair imho.

Anyway
I am looking forward to Horizon Chase Turbo and I have read that it should launch next week, but I can't find any sign of it in the store yet. Anybody knows if it is really true that it will be available next week? I can't wait to play it!

I used to be a ripple user like you, then I took The Arrow in the knee

NecuVise

@Bonbonetti A zombie game immediately implies a survival game of some sort and npc which behave in a very predictable way.

a fantasy game can vary in gameplay and any other part a lot.
I'm not tired of zombie games but I understand the criticism behind it.

NecuVise

Bonbonetti

@LuckyLand You have a point, you do get more enemy types in a Fantasy game. I must be biased in favour of zombies lol.

Personally, I do feel a greater sense of fatigue and disappointment from fighting orthodox Fantasy enemies. Maybe because I feel that in a Fantasy game the creators have the freedom to design any type of enemy they want, they have the choice to make something we haven't seen before in a Fantasy game. I don't see this creativity being exercised as much as I'd want or expect.

The Souls-borne series is a great example where the designers have been very creative in coming up with a unique set of enemies, even though these games also include traditional Fantasy enemies (skeletons, goblins etc.). It's one of the things that makes these games so unique I would say.

If you want to make a zombie game set in a dystopian America, the breadth of creativity is much narrower by default when it comes to enemy designs; they can't make flying elephants with bazookas. The Last of Us tried something different by making it more of a stealth game, in contrast to the more typical Zombie-bashing of Dead Island, Dying Light, Dead Rising and similar.

In Days Gone you seem to be in the countryside for the most part, the game will also have zombie animals in it (based solely on 20 minutes of combined footage). In contrast, most zombie games will place you in a confined setting, like a city, and thus squeeze the enemies upon you. Most zombie games are also heavily inspired by splatter films, but I get the impressions that Days Gone will be closer to the Walking Dead TV-series and the classic Romero stuff.

If Days Gone was similar to Dying Light, Dead Rising and Dead Island, I would understand people being negative towards the game, but to me it looks very different from your typical zombie game. Even if people think the zombie aspect is too similar to the Last of Us, that's hardly a bad thing since it's still rare among zombie games.

Edited on by Bonbonetti

Bonbonetti

Haruki_NLI

Destructiod wrote:

After hearing that the project has switched hands at least once and the team is basically re-imagining the entire premise, now, according to a behind closed doors conversation between producer Yoshinori Kitase and development lead Naoki Hamaguchi at the Final Fantasy 30th Anniversary celebration event, we have a guesstimated release window. It's...drumroll...2023, the 35th anniversary of Final Fantasy. Hamaguchi seemingly finds this unacceptable, so the team is working to have it out earlier, but that could be a very probably reality.
The transcript was obtained by someone attending the event, and we've reached out to Square Enix to corroborate the statement (and if they could have been referring to "all of the episodes" in this episodic release), and to get a possible updated release window. For now, that window could be "by 2023." If they don't offer a comment we'll probably get some sort of update during Square Enix's pre-recorded E3 video.

I was being sarcastic when I said it would be a PS5 game people!

https://www.destructoid.com/the-final-fantasy-vii-remake-will...

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Fight_Teza_Fight

Part of me wants FFVII Part 1 to be a PS5 launch title.

Also in the recent Square financial they reaffirmed KH3 as a 2018 title. Release date coming at E3 I suppose, unless they do a FFXV style reveal event. Think it’ll come out in September.
http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2018/05/12/kingdom-hearts...

Edited on by Fight_Teza_Fight

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Kidfried

@YummyHappyPills Oof. When they announced FF7R back in 2015, I really wanted to replay the original FF7. But I told myself, I'd wait until the remake.

I've been waiting for three years now, and with five more to go, chances are I'm picking up the FF7 port somewhere this year.

I never expected this game to release this year, not even back in 2015. I've known Square Enix for long enough. But waiting five more years still shocks me.

Kidfried

KirbyTheVampire

I don't hate zombies themselves, I just hate how most zombie games/shows/books/movies always end up following the same tropes. People realizing that humans are the real threat and not the zombies, groups of bandits running around, cannibals, a few nice people here and there, large settlements of people always turning out to be evil, dealing with the struggle of a loved one becoming infected, etc etc. Hardly anything is ever a surprise in zombie media because I've seen essentially the same story being told a million times.

At least in other genres, the enemies can be mostly the same, but the story being told can have so much variance, whereas the story told in zombie media is almost always extremely similar.

For example, God of War has enemies that we've seen many times before, such as wolves, trolls, various forms of undead that are similar to zombies, etc etc, but it has a very unique world, story, and characters. However, if GoW was another zombie apocalypse story without the fantasy elements and whatnot? It would be just another zombie plot that we've heard a thousand times before with a fresh coat of paint.

In a nutshell, it's not zombies themselves that most people have a problem with, it's the fact that the genre itself is incredibly stagnant in almost every way.

KirbyTheVampire

ellsworth004

Could someone tell me the order to play the metro games in? I own, metro: redux, metro last light: redux, and metro 2033: redux. Seem like pretty decent games and I got all of them pretty cheap.

ellsworth004

PSN: ellsworth004

Tasuki

Ok so I have decided that I need to get wired controllers for my PS4. The normal DS4 connect via Bluetooth even when plugged in, appearently the cord is just to charge. Without going in details the wifi in my house is causing interference with my DS4. No I can't move my modem as this isn't the problem and not I can't move anything. I tried googling official Sony wired controllers and got nothing. So does anyone know where I can get an official PS4 wired controller?

Thanks.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

NecuVise

@Tasuki official v2 controllers don't use Bluetooth if you connect them with cable. Besides that, every 3rd party controller is wired and they simply can't be wireless so choose whichever suits you.

NecuVise

NecuVise

@Tasuki I have never used it like that and my ps4 is disconnected for the next month so I can't look into it. Maybe try to look into settings if there's anything to change.

NecuVise

JohnnyShoulder

@Tasuki It is under Settings - Devices - Controllers - Communication Method - Use USB Cable

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

JohnnyShoulder

@Tasuki I have no idea, I've never done it myself.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Haruki_NLI

Fallout 76 coming to PS4/Xbox One and PC....eventually?

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic