Forums

Topic: General PlayStation 4 Thread

Posts 161 to 180 of 1,795

Th3solution

@Octane @Fight_Teza_Fight It’s probably because the camera flips the image. Hopefully he didn’t go through the trouble to alphabetize his entire library and then order them right to left. That, or he’s been spending too much time playing Japanese games — I think Japanese is read right to left, no? 😆

But it’s a very nice collection, honestly. I can’t help but notice also that you have run out of room. Before September you need to purchase a second shelf.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Octane

@Th3solution The text on the cover would also be reversed if that was the case, making them unreadable

Octane

Fight_Teza_Fight

Welp, this is what I get for putting myself out there XD!

@KratosMD The back end of the year is a little bit more manageable for myself. Just RDR2 and DQXI as well as a potential Pokemon Switch for me. Don't see myself getting anything else Day 1 unless there are some crazy E3 reveals and Kingdom Hearts 3 somehow comes out this year- which would make the PS4 the undisputed G.O.A.T if it happens.

@Gremio108 Good catch! I let someone borrow some games and he messed up the order. It's rectified now! Also I wanted that DS4 to go with my gold and grey UC4 PS4. Had to import it from the US, as it was an AmazonUS exclusive at the time and it cost me like £85 total . The DS4 did end up up coming to the UK, but it was still totally worth it .

@Octane It works for me! As long as it's in alphabetical order, it's all good.

@Th3solution Yup. That's basically it. I read a lot of manga in my spare time! Space is an issue. I'm thinking to only get the games I REALLY like physical next gen. Think I've got about 300 game cases in my game room (PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP, DS, Wii, Switch...).

@Tasuki Haha, thanks! Top marks. I wondered if anyone would pick up on that! They're special character bundles that I picked up as I struggle to keep up with the manga (1000+ chapters long). They're also in German, so they double up as a language refresher.

Apologies for derailing the thread!

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Jaz007

I started playing Assassin’s Creed 2 off the Ezio Collection. It’s pretty good so far. It’s a little rough with age in some areas, but definitely still worth it so far. It honestly looks pretty decent too. There is a bit of uncanny valley though. The way the faces move and articulate emotion while still being stuff in some areas is really weird.

Jaz007

NecuVise

Sorry but as per the community rules

Do not beg; Begging for anything is not allowed. This includes, but is not limited to; asking users to visit a website; asking users to visit a YouTube channel; asking for a download code; etc.

Thanks for understanding -Tasuki-

Edited on by Tasuki

NecuVise

Octane

Senior Staff Gameplay Programmer

''Sony Bend Studio, the creator of Days Gone, Syphon Filter and Uncharted: Golden Abyss, is looking for top talent to join our in passionate team in creating a new AAA PlayStation 4 exclusive.''

It sounds like Sony Bend Studio is already working on another game!

Octane

Fight_Teza_Fight

@Octane Well this just makes me think Days Gone is all but done & Sony purposely pushed it into next year to avoid the big hitters.

Maybe they’re helping out with the new Uncharted (?) given their history. Whatever it is, it’ll probably be a couple of years before we see it.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Octane

@Fight_Teza_Fight I hope Uncharted is done and over with, at least for a good while! Uncharted 4 was supposedly the end, so I'm fine with no Uncharted for the next five or ten years. Give me something else instead! So I do hope Bend is already working on a new IP. Could be a great early PS5 title.

Octane

Shellcore

@Octane Think we are missing a Mario Kart style racer for the PS, so perhaps work has finally begun on UnKarted. Sounded funnier in my head, although I don't think Drake has ever been in a vehicle that reached its destination without incident, so maybe there's something in it after all.

PSN: Aleks-UK

Octane

@Shellcore Hah!

A PlayStation All-Stars could work though, they have a lot more characters to work with, but I don't think they're making another one.

Octane

Fight_Teza_Fight

@Octane I love Uncharted and I agree. I could go 5-10 years without a new one, but I think Sony are going to continue to franchise under someone else. Uncharted 4 took the franchise to another level and I don't think Sony will just abandon it.

Hope it's a new IP though.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.

NecuVise

Sony is really missing some good FPS in their line-up so maybe something like that. Please no more 3rd person action adventures/survival adventures.

NecuVise

JohnnyShoulder

@NecuVise I think there are plenty of those on the market though, they would be go up against some pretty good hitters if they decide to do some FPS. I know they have done stuff like Kill zone and Resistance before, but I don't think they shifted the numbers that U4, HZD and GoW did.

We will probably get sequels to existing titles before there is a change of direction from Sony's first party studios.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Jaz007

@Fight_Teza_Fight I’d like that. Have a nice long hiatus then come back again. With Nathan Drake too I hope.

Jaz007

Bonbonetti

@NecuVise Completely agree. I want more single-player FPS games, something more linear with a tighter narrative and gameplay. Personally I'd love to see another Killzone or Resistance game, but don't think that will happen.

Bonbonetti

BAMozzy

@JohnnyShoulder The last Killzone was one of the bigger selling exclusive games - maybe because it was a launch title but only the Naughty Dog games (inc the two remasters) had sold more. It was around the 3m mark alongside games like Infamous and Bloodborne. H:ZD and God of War have both gone on to overtake those now but before H:ZD, it was one of the top selling PS4 exclusives (in the top 3/4 of 'new' (not remasters).

Of course it won't compete with the sales of games like CoD, Battlefield and Battlefront (1), but it did sell more than Titanfall 2. At one time the market was flooded with FPS games that were of a similar format to Killzone and Resistance although they seem to be less common now. Generally it seems we are only getting CoD and Battlefield or Battlefront (although that can also be a third person shooter too) releases with maybe at most 1 other (Titanfall or Halo). I know we may get games like Far Cry for example but that is 'different' as that is an open world game with a first person view. You wouldn't count Fallout as a FPS although that can be played in first person and its combat is shooting.

Anyway, talking of Battlefront, is that a First Person Shooter if you spend more time in third person?

I would love to see Resistance come back as that was innovative and quirky but also quite dark too. I prefer it to Ratchet and Clank but can't see Insomniac having the time or inclination. With Guerilla Games also having a LOT more success with H:ZD and far more likely to be working on a sequel, I can't see them returning to Killzone in the near future.

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

JohnnyShoulder

@BAMozzy That was my point, I never said they didn't sell well just not as much the games I mentioned. Personally I don't see it happening but you never know and it wouldn't do any harm to vary things up a bit.

Most if not all of Sony’s first party studios have games in development at the moment so I don't see where any other games would come from, other than the ones we already know about.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Fight_Teza_Fight

During their latest financial EA revealed some interesting information.
https://www.dualshockers.com/ea-estimates-ps4-xbox-one-sales-...

-As of December 31st, 2017 total PS4 & XBO install base is at 103million
-Sony itself revealed the PS4 install base to be at 73.6million by years end, which would put XBO at ~29.4million
-They expect the combined install base to grow to 130million by December 31st, 2018

It seems like MS have been at 30-35million for the longest time. No wonder they're focused more on engagement.

Even though PS4 is breaking all sorts of records & publishers are posting record profits, it does seem like the console business as a whole is down compared to last gen (Wii: 100mil+, PS3: 87mill, XB360: 86mill). I wonder if we'll ever see something like that again (everyone doing really well).

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic