Forums

Topic: General PlayStation 4 Thread

Posts 1,221 to 1,240 of 1,795

JohnnyShoulder

@crimsontadpoles Ah yes its cool that you can do that on the app and the website. Wish they could integrate that to the store on PS4.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

JohnnyShoulder

@Arugula My constant moaning about it will have finally made a difference!

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

JohnnyShoulder

@Arugula Nintendo does that with games you put on your wishlist on Switch. I get emails from em when games are on offer.

RogerRoger

@crimsontadpoles You have 99 games wishlisted...?! Blimey, and I thought my backlog was big!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Bentleyma

thiz wrote:

I may be the only one but I am really hyped for Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered.
I missed out on it when it was a Gamecube exclusive. I remember watching a german tv show that
showcased new games, and I always wanted to play it but never bought it for some reason.

I was really looking forward to this, I still am, but I found out the other day that it has no local co-op. One of my favourite gaming memories is playing this with my brothers and I was looking forward to doing that again.

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

TheFrenchiestFry

Honestly all of this "PlayStation gets all the exclusive perks" stuff surrounding Avengers could've probably easily been fixed if the game was just a straight up exclusive to the platform.

Not only would that justify giving that version all this attention, but it would allow Square to actually assist Insomniac in building a shared universe based around Marvel's game characters since then they would have a much easier time connecting it to Spider-Man, given it's another PS4 exclusive Marvel property that had a crap ton of easter eggs in its game alluding to characters like the Avengers and even Daredevil at one point

Also it would further incentivise Marvel fans with a reason to prioritze PlayStation over other platforms in a way that promotes legitimately healthy competition with other systems seeing as how then they'd feel inclined to come into the PlayStation ecosystem for access to content based on the characters they like

None of this "give PlayStation a complete version of a multiplatform game and blame Sony for us not being able to keep parity with other consoles and PC" bullcrap. I'd much rather have a third party exclusive that's complete in terms of content than a scattered multiplatform game like what we're getting.

TheFrenchiestFry

PSN: phantom_sees

TheFrenchiestFry

Q: “Persona 4 the Golden” has been selling well on Steam, but do you have any plans to sell newly released games on Steam as well?

A: We remastered “Persona 4 the Golden”, a title previously sold on the PlayStation Vita, and released it for sale on Steam this fiscal year. Because of the game’s critical acclaim and its low selling price, sales were much stronger than expected. We will continue to actively promote porting previously released titles to Steam and new platforms. We are also negotiating with platform holders for new games in the future, and we’re considering ways to sell under favorable conditions for each title. Among them are measures such as preparing PC versions of the titles from the beginning, with multi-platform releases in mind.

SEGA and Atlus are prioritizing PC and console ports of their older content in light of Persona 4 Golden's "unexpected" success on Steam. Don't be surprised if we see more remasters of 6th and 7th gen titles from Atlus after SMT III Nocturne HD Remaster.

Persona Central

[/quote]

TheFrenchiestFry

RogerRoger

@Arugula Did your PS4 melt or something? Is that why you need a quick replacement?

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

TheFrenchiestFry

https://www.reddit.com/r/MarvelAvengersProject/comments/i69bp...

Some datamined files from the Marvel's Avengers Beta may have allegedly confirmed the inclusions of James Rhodes/War Machine, Kate Bishop/Hawkeye and Jennifer Walters/She Hulk.

Again this roster really isn't pulling from much else other than what's topical and relevant to the movies much like MvCI, considering War Machine is an MCU Avenger and Kate Bishop and Jennifer Walters are about to be introduced in the MCU. I don't really like MUA3 but at least its roster had a healthy balance of more obscure picks for characters and characters that are more mainstream.

TheFrenchiestFry

nessisonett

@TheFrenchiestFry I honestly think this is the best way to go about it. Put in some fan favourite characters as costumes, that way they’ll make a fortune off the MTX. Pretty yucky but it’ll make them money.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

TheFrenchiestFry

@nessisonett That could work for Kate Bishop but War Machine and She Hulk can be differentiated from their respective counterparts considering War Machine has a crap ton of artiliery like a shoulder mounted machine gun and She-Hulk is considerably more agile than Hulk. She could incorporate more kicks or leg sweeps in her moveset compared to Hulk just being a brute force tank-like character

If they ever go the route of including mutant characters (though highly unlikely imo) They could make X-23 a palette swap of Wolverine with visual differences her claw swipes

Edited on by TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

nessisonett

@TheFrenchiestFry Oh yeah, absolutely, they could do with being whole characters but everything we’ve seen from this game has shown that the devs have 0 interest. It’s a soulless grab at getting the MCU audience. Can’t believe it’s a full price release.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

TheFrenchiestFry

@nessisonett It sucks too when the comparatively lower budget and more quickly developed Switch game has a much more diverse cast of characters. Pulling exclusively from the movie pool is why MvCI's roster felt so lackluster from the Marvel side and I fear the exact same thing is about to happen here considering even the character models for the core team just look like derivatives of the movie designs excluding Kamala Khan. Bruce Banner is even sporting Mark Ruffalo's exact clothing from the first Avengers film complete with the purple collared shirt and glasses. Even the hair style is exactly the same. At this point I won't be surprised if they announce Scarlet Witch is coming to the game without Quicksilver, and that she won't be a mutant in their canon.

Edited on by TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

carlos82

So I've managed to get onto the Avengers beta a few hours early for some reason and mananged to play most of the first stage before it crashed and it was ok. It reminded me of the bad Sonic games as you switch between characters who play almost the same but never feel great to play and it plays itself half the time, oh and Iron Man's flying bit was rubbish. The "platforming" involved pressing jump on the red metal tile thats conveniently placed where you need to jump and then just land on the next bit or the huge scratched surface. Its a training level so I'll give it a pass for now and try again later but so far it feels like somebody has vaguely described Arkham Knight and God of War to somebody to make a game

Edited on by carlos82

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

PSN: AVGN_82

Tjuz

Just moving this here before we get yelled at for clogging up the Game Club thread!

@Th3solution Haha, don't I know the constant dance of gaming and no gaming! Only with me it often ends up being months of not playing. Glad your brain manages to stay a little bit more dedicated. I'm jealous! I've mostly just been playing Fall Guys like everyone on the planet seems to be doing, and a little bit of multiplayer modded Minecraft on the side. I did also pick up this new game called Metamorphosis which I plan to start soon (maybe tonight?), and hopefully that will lead to me playing a bit more in general again! You played anything fun lately?

Tjuz

Th3solution

@Tjuz My current jam is Ghost of Tsushima. I had previously committed myself to play it at launch in order to experience the communal sensation of playing alongside the masses. Having a virtual shared energy and excitement for a game was important for me to experience at least once this year. But I had committed myself to this before we came up with the Game Club, which has been a great way to do the same thing with older games. The discussion which it fosters is fun, along with the knowledge that others are playing the same thing is strangely comforting. The first two games we played were games I would never have stuck with if I played them by myself.

I’ve also played a bit of NBA2K20 off and on along with the occasional Star Wars Battlefront 2. These are games I wouldn’t normally get into but wanted to try out since they were free. Both are okay, but I like my 3rd person story driven single player action adventure games better.

I should try Fall Guys. I’ve been scared off by reading about the server instability issues. Looks like it would be fun though.
And I haven’t heard of Metamorphosis. I have to look that one up.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Black_Swordsman

I tried Conan Exiles, used Admin mode to spawn weapons ,gear and bosses and gave myself God-like abilities. Thus, I was able to pop a few trophies before I was done with it, not the most fun game in the world, yet strangely enjoyable to play a Conan game, nevertheless, I will probably just look at the cartoon and comics next, whilst I am exploring the franchise.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic