Forums

Topic: General PlayStation 4 Thread

Posts 121 to 140 of 1,795

Kidfried

Small game-releated piece of news, but for anyone interested in soundtracks and living near London!

"Classic FM is partnering with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra and PlayStation for the live world premiere of PlayStation in Concert, at the Royal Albert Hall!"
https://www.royalalberthall.com/tickets/events/2018/playstati...

This is really cool. I was lucky enough to be able to attend something similar in my country twice already and loved hearing some of these iconic soundtracks played live. Everybody's Gone To The Rapture and Horizon Zero Dawn have such stunning soundtracks. And I expect Journey to be in there too.

Wish I was able to attend this one. Since it's in association with PlayStation and played by the Royal Philharmonic, this one looks like it's going all the way.

(And with presenter Jessica Curry being a great composer and having hosted a brilliant show on video games for Classic FM, this show is in good hands.)

Kidfried

Kidfried

More news: Hitman episode 2 is free to download! If you re interested in this series, go ahead and download it. This episode will give you a good idea of Hitman 2016's gameplay.

And it's a lot of fun!

Kidfried

Fight_Teza_Fight

Chasm coming to PS4 AND PSVita, Summer 2018!
https://www.dualshockers.com/chasm-ps-vita-release-window/

Well this is awesome! Will be cross-buy.
From Reddit:
'Back when Axiom Verge launched on PS Vita, lots of people asked Dan Adelman (who handles the business side of both games) if Chasm would launch there too. Dan replied that it would depend on how Axiom Verge did. Well, I’m excited to confirm that Axiom Verge did well enough on PS Vita that we decided to make Chasm cross-buy. And best of all, this added no time to our schedule, since the guy who did the Axiom Verge port was able to get Chasm’s code base up and running while we were still working on the game.'

Great that these guys found success with Axiom Verge on Vita. I did my part, even though i still haven't played it yet. Should probably get to that.

Edited on by Fight_Teza_Fight

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Octane

New Spider-Man ''trailer''. It's a teaser for next month's Game Informer issue on Spider-Man;

Octane

NecuVise

@KratosMD but in sunset overdrive you can fight and do all the crazy stuff while traversing but here you are only traversing

NecuVise

Fight_Teza_Fight

I don't know if this is common knowledge, but apparently Insomniac had their pick of any Marvel character and they went for Spider-Man.

Also they reiterated that the game is 'never' coming to Xbox One.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

NecuVise

Interesting insight. Seems like guys at insomniac really like light hearted games with interesting traversal so I guess that's why they chose Spider-Man.

NecuVise

KALofKRYPTON

@Fight_Teza_Fight "They do not own Spider-Man..." - apart from in all commercial matters outside of the publication of comics.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

Octane

@KALofKRYPTON Yeah, that was a bit weird, but technically they're right I think. They don't own Spider-Man, they own the rights to Spider-Man when it comes to video games. At least, that's how I understood it.

Octane

Fight_Teza_Fight

@NecuVise @KALofKRYPTON @Octane I wonder if we’ll ever get the details of how the deal came to fruition. It’s must be part of Sony allowing Spidey into the MCU deal & Marvel giving them the exclusive video game rights to any one character.
Or Sony could’ve been like: ‘give us a Super Hero & let us make an awesome game’.

Let’s not forget Assasin’s Creed x Final Fantasy XV was an elevator pitch (literally) .

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.

KALofKRYPTON

@Fight_Teza_Fight @Octane
Oh yeah - Marvel 'own' the character, name, likeness etc.
Unfortunately while the company was in trouble in the 80's they sold off rights to pretty much everything to the highest bidders. As I recall, MGM had Spidey, and did try to develop several features (with productions from Corman to Cameron) - when MGM were struggling, Sony swooped in to pay for distribution of James Bond with Spidey as a sweetener as MGM were about to lose the rights back to Marvel.

Directly, other than comic and considerable merchandise sales, Marvel don't make all that much from Spider-Man.

Marvel have done a pretty good job of clawing back various rights to their properties in the intervening years, other than from Fox and Sony. Fox is pretty much a done deal, Marvel are even relaunching Fantastic Four comics (after ceasing publication due them not having film/merch/games rights).

The MCU deal was a good one. Sony pays nothing towards production but got a massive cut of the distribution. Marvel took all of the movie merchandising rights.

I doubt massively, with Disney being the way they are that Sony had carte blache to use any character for a game.

Edited on by KALofKRYPTON

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

Kidfried

Here's hoping Insomniac is making a Daredevil game after this!

Kidfried

KALofKRYPTON

@Kidfried in VR!

Octane

We all know that Knack will be added to the Marvel universe and Insomniac's next game will be a Knack game.

Octane

Shellcore

@Octane I imagine that will be the end game movie for next Marvel universe that will be built up to over a number of years. A little like Thanos.

PSN: Aleks-UK

Th3solution

@KALofKRYPTON @Kidfried Haha! Daredevil in VR!
Poor Daredevil. He’ll never get his own game. Nothing fun about bumbling around in the dark.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

KALofKRYPTON

@Th3solution there was a PS2 game in development around the time of the Affleck movie but licensing squabbles got it canned. There was definitely a GBA game.

I think in VR it could actually make for a decent sensory experience if they employed a similar effect as in the Affleck film 🤔

Th3solution

@KALofKRYPTON I’m not sure I saw the Affleck film. And I have definitely not seen any Daredevil game. Very interesting.
Actually, now that I think about it, I agree a creative mind could maybe use VR to make an innovative idea for using head position for sound isolation to piece together the 3D visual and spatial representation of the world and enemy locations and make that very interesting. Hmmm... If only Dreams were VR compatible then we could make this game.
In a separate note, I had an inquiring thought just now, but it’s movie related to I’ll post it there so as to not derail here.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

johncalmc

Fun fact: My dad once said that the Ben Affleck Daredevil film was the best film ever. I'm not sure if he said it just to annoy me or not, but he did once deride the first Lord of the Rings movie as "a rubbish version of Willow and it doesn't even have a proper ending" so he could very well have been being serious.

johncalmc

Twitter:

KALofKRYPTON

@johncalmc Your dad sounds like my kind of chap!

Well, I mean, Daredevil is decent - certainly more entertaining than the Netflix series. He's right on point with LotR and Willow though!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic