Forums

Topic: General PlayStation 4 Thread

Posts 1,061 to 1,080 of 1,795

nessisonett

Someone put Doomguy into an AI neural network enhancer and the result is the most generic military commander from a 90s action movie ever.

Untitled

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JohnnyShoulder

@LN78 I'm getting pretty good at it, I managed it with FFVIIR. You do have to be vigilant, and means skipping a bunch of videos and articles that come up in my feed. I saw the article on the new release date, so don't have too much longer to get through.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

JohnnyShoulder

@LN78 Yep it seems like it is still going to be 'Holiday 2020' for the next gen consoles. Just wonder if there is going to be limited stock or not. I still think I will getting one a few months after launch.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

nessisonett

@LN78 I saw a few comments on the article about TLOU2 that basically read as ‘Druckmann is human garbage, he likes Sarkeesian, wokeness blah blah blah’ but the funny thing was that one of them said it was written 30 odd seconds ago but had already been hearted. I guess they needed to give themselves that positive reinforcement 😂😂

Ralizah

It highly amuses me that a crowd of people who often decry the notion that all art is inherently political complain incessantly about any sort of depiction of lesbianism not designed to appeal to the male gaze and automatically label these depictions "woke propaganda."

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Th3solution

Yeah, this TLoU2 news has brought out the worst in the gaming community. sheesh. I can’t even read the comments sections; I had no idea the game and the developers were that polarizing.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

nessisonett

@Ralizah Don’t forget the ones now citing ND’s working conditions as proof the game’s bad despite being the same people calling others ‘commies’ and showing absolutely zero regard for workers’ rights elsewhere. I can practically taste the straws being clutched at.

Rudy_Manchego

I had deliberately kept away from any article regarding TLOU2 and spoilers so missed all this horrendousness that seems to be going online.

I hate the argument that games should not be political. Absolutely anything is political to a certain extent. It is up to you how you deal with those politics. Star Wars is flipping political. Also, depicting a lesbian relationship shouldn't be political. It wouldn't be if it were a heterosexual relationship. The point of the game is that the character has an emotional attachment to someone (assuming from the early trailers). That is clearly a part of the character ark and is the same in every single piece of fiction out there. If Rose had fallen in love with a female character in Titanic, it wouldn't have changed her (admittedly flawed) decision to leap back on board for certain death. Or to kick him/her off the wardrobe door when there was plenty of space.

That still annoys me.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett @LN78 @Th3solution Yeah when the latest delay was first announced, I was surprised at all the abuse ND and Herman Hulst (of all people) got. I thought I had missed something, but no just salty people over a game being delayed, and using the 'crunch as an excuse to throw abuse around.

Rudy_Manchego

@LN78 Ha ha oh yeah that was a great sketch.

I mean, I think she just can't be trusted. She promises she will never let goes and in literaly seconds, she lets go. Harsh.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

Rudy_Manchego

@LN78 Yeah and Leo isn't exactly a giant and was quite scrawny in the film.

HallowMoonshadow

The "Fan-Fiction" writing comment I've seen a few times is what gets me the most...

...If it was Fan-Fiction levels of writing "The Last Of Us 2" would have Ellie meet up with Goku, Winnie the Pooh, Scooby-Doo & Spider-Man. They'd form a new Mystery Inc, and solve the case of the Kreepy Space-Kook who was none other then old-man Sephiroth 😂

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

HallowMoonshadow

To be honest I've looked at those spoilers for the Last of Us 2.

... What can I say? I'm a nosey woman and I was curious 😆

I'm not sure why but I've never been that interested in the series.

Maybe it was because I've only played Uncharted 3 of Naughty Dog's more recent work (and thought it was only alright) and just assumed The Last of Us would give a similar "Ehh it's ok I guess" sentiment.

I'm actually quite interested in it now though reading what's quite likely to happen (And honestly those comments I've seen are fairly ridiculous for the most part)

Turns out I actually have a copy of The Last Of Us sitting on the shelf so... I think I'm gonna play it once I'm done with Day's Gone!

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

HallowMoonshadow

Well... I don't have a Switch for starts @LN78 ... and I don't really "get" games like Animal Crossing, Harvest Moon, stardew valley etc 😅

But I will be playing something on the side to make sure I don't get too burned out!

HallowMoonshadow

Well to be honest I haven't really found Day's Gone that gloomy at all... Might be because I've been playing it pretty late at night and my brain's a bit on auto-pilot by then @LN78 ... That and the narrative isn't the greatest anyway lol 😅

I've been playing a round or two of that Pac-Man Championship 2 that Namco-Bandai offered for free (Which is ace!) every now and again but I might tgo all in and beat the adventure mode fully before going into The Last Of Us as you suggest for a nice little palette cleanser (As I assume you've played TLOS and know what you're talking about)

HallowMoonshadow

My D-Pad (and thumb) has had some serious usage thanks to that Pac Dot gobbling fiend @LN78! Good luck on breaking that spell he has over you! 😅

nessisonett

NLife have had an article comment containing a link to TLOU2 spoilers sitting untouched for almost four and a half hours now. I reported it given that almost anyone would click on a YouTube link out of curiosity but nothing’s been done. The comment in question essentially reads as ‘Woke SJWs bad’ so it’s not hard to see the person’s motivations for leaking the spoilers.

Edited on by nessisonett

Ralizah

@nessisonett A comment under an unrelated article spoiled the ending of the recent Dragon Quest movie for me. Guy thought he was doing people a favor by posting unmarked spoilers, of course. Because HE found the concept of the ending to be disappointing, it should be spread far and wide so that everyone knows what happens.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic