Forums

Topic: FORUM GOTY 2017 AWARDS

Posts 241 to 260 of 283

LieutenantFatman

@Constable_What
I don't understand the logic you've used at all for voting EA. It feels like the junkyard bully has come out with his spiked club and tried to club some baby hedgehogs to death but has tripped and landed on his own club, doing some big damage to himself and your reaction is - "Aww poor fella, here have a medal you trooper."

LieutenantFatman

Constable_What

@LieutenantFatman Yeah I don't think you understood at all.
It's more like Icarus (EA) flying too close to the sun people (everyone else), pointing and shouting as he falls to the ground, and then them telling stories about it. I'm not giving a medal at all; I'm just stating that they're my favorite this year because of how their mistakes and contempt for their consumers will probably end up as something beneficial for gamers.

This form of thinking is called introspective-optimism, and that's my reasoning behind it.

Constable_What

Johnnycide

Publisher: Devolver. Pure quality, and THAT E3 presentation was amazing.

Staff Member: Can't choose between Sammy and Ramsay, they're both doing a top notch job.

Oh and I see what @Constable_what is doing.

Let's stay clear of politics. Thanks -Tasuki-

Edited on by Tasuki

Johnnycide

LieutenantFatman

@Constable_What Oh I get it, their extreme greed has brought nasty exploitative corporate practices to everyone's attention and as such they may have accidentally done us all a favour as it might deter others from doing the same due to it backfiring so spectaculary. Nice.

LieutenantFatman

JoeBlogs

@themcnoisy
Best publisher: SEGA!! (for Yakuza and Persona 5)
Best Pushsquare guy (bit embarrassed in case they read all these but...): Sammy - he seems to work the hardest at keeping the site going, but they're all cool.

JoeBlogs

Neolit

Publisher of the year, by far
Ninja Theory
For Hellblade (and for sharing info about their experience, with other developers who think about self-publishing).

Favorite pushsquare staff: Hey @themcnoisy you are practically asking a "of all your children, which one do you like the most?" question. Mate, this is an impossible question for me. I can't make that distinction. If only there was a staffer who gets on my nerves, then I would be able to vote for the most annoying one, alas even that is missing with this lot. So, sorry, no vote.

In 70 years, almost all things contemporary won't matter. Enjoy now.

PSN: Neolit

Jorjk

Publisher of the year - Sony
Favorite staff - can't vote I am new to this forum 😃

Jorjk

themcnoisy

@Jorjk welcome to the forums!

@Neolit completely off topic but you threw a pic up on the community after the horizon comp finished which is brilliant. Ive copied it out and put it on a cup from moonpig. Its due in the next day or so.

Thanks for voting everyone! Keep it going.

Forum Multiplat BGoAT coming February 2018
Forums Nintendo BGoAT 2017 - Super Mario Bros 3, Zelda Ocarina of Time, Super Mario Galaxy.
Forums Playstation BGoAT 2016 - Uncharted 2, The Last Of Us, Witcher 3.
Forums Multiplat BGoAT 2015 - Final Fantasy 7, Zelda Ocari...

PSN: mc_noisy

Octane

Publisher.. It's either Sony with HZD, Gravity Rush and Uncharted, or Nintendo with the Switch and Mario Odyssey... Does a console even count? You don't ''publish'' a console, that makes you a platform holder... I'll go with Sony I think...

And @Quintumply of course, since he has the second best avatar!

Octane

FreakerZ

Publisher: im in doubt between sony and ubi..sony does great great overall each year but im giving it to ubi..in the past they milked their ip's way to much and where becomming almost as greedy as EA. But giving assassins a year of and comming back with ac origins wich was close to my goty is impressive. The division got a huge free update that is great and the risky new setting of far cry 5 makes ubisoft for me the winning publisher.

For staffmember i agree with @neolit its like choosing your fav child..i like you all in your own way so no vote ☺

FreakerZ

PSN: Freakerz1313

Neolit

@themcnoisy that's cool! Can you post the pic of the cup when it arrives?

In 70 years, almost all things contemporary won't matter. Enjoy now.

PSN: Neolit

Rudy_Manchego

Publisher? Ninja Theory for self publishing Hellblade. What a great effort and so well marketed and released.

Staffer - Oh man, can honestly say I don't have a preference. Though obvs Sammy, and Robert do a bang up job (as does Tasuki in moderating), if forced I'd put a vote for Graham because I am a big lover of video game music and really like the monthly music articles.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

Hengist

¤ Publisher: Frontier Developments
¤ Push Square Staff: Anthony Dickens (For apologising and overturning my ban).

Hengist

AnimeGamerFan

Publisher: Sega
Push Square Member: ALL OF THEM.

Does that count? I'm sorry but you're all great!

OutspokenHuman

PSN: drwhofan2490

Octane

@themcnoisy Would you be against it if we do something similar like this on NintendoLife? We're getting a few personal GOTY threads here and there, but I think it would be neat if all of it was combined into an ''official'' NLife forums awards like this one.

Octane

rjejr

Octane wrote:

@themcnoisy Would you be against it if we do something similar like this on NintendoLife? We're getting a few personal GOTY threads here and there, but I think it would be neat if all of it was combined into an ''official'' NLife forums awards like this one.

Know what would be cool? If NL would acknowledged the GA are on tonight and Nintneod is in the GOTY category with 2 games. And both of those games are up for multiple other awards as well. If there was an ND tonight instead of GA we would have had 5 different articles on it by now - What to expect, What not to expect, when it's on in each region, Join us for live coverage, leaks and rumours.

It's tonight, but you'd never know it. So of course no main forum thread over there.

As for this voting, that "staff member" is a weird one. And all those people voting Tasuki blows my mind. It's Sammy's site, Robert works here, Damo drops by occasionally, Ant keeps things operational behind the scenes. Everybody else seems almost like interchangeable part-timers. Though if Early Access PUBGs wins GOTY nothing matters anyway.

Placeholder sig until I come up with something clever to say.

themcnoisy

@Octane Im dead against that NO WAY.

Lol.

Of course bro, do what you feel is right. Why would I mind I dont own the rights to goty polls (just yet). Good luck and have fun.

Forums Nintendo BGoAT 2017 - Super Mario Bros 3, Zelda Ocarina of Time, Super Mario Galaxy.

themcnoisy

@Neolit will do mate.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic