Forums

Topic: FORUM GOTY 2017 AWARDS

Posts 221 to 234 of 234

carlos82

@KratosMD @themcnoisy great work guys, I always look forward to these

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

PSN: AVGN_82

themcnoisy

@Fight_Teza_Fight @carlos82 thanks lads. This is my last goty thread @kratosmd is running it from next year. But I will hopefully see you for my very last poll in the forums in February. The best game ever poll!

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Fight_Teza_Fight

@themcnoisy Looking forward to it bro! Going out with a bang!

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

themcnoisy

@Kidfried certainly, time. The goty thread is a relatively quick thread but counting up takes more time than you would think, especially this time of year when Im trying to shift backlog and wrap presents! Kratos has helped out before and hes proven he can keep tabs on things for this thread.

Running a bgoat thread on the otherhand is like 30 times more work to run it properley, as you need to keep track of all the games and have the results when you promise so it flows every day or couple of days.

To run one properley as Ive found out the hard way, it needs to be transparent and fair. Making sure you save everyones usernames part of the thread, logging the favourites, using 3rd party matchmaking websites, double checking scores as it needs to be right, sorting out ongoing discussions about games suitability to be in a cup (remaster/sequels/same game different medium etc).

Ive had my home computer completely crash before and had to rewrite every game on paper and stay in work well after its closed to get to the same point I was at, it took me over 4 hours to rebuild the database and we were only in the second round! (Some of the excel spreadsheets are works of art)

As for the bgoat thread they start off slow, but it has to really. The first round to whittle games away is always 1v1 winner through and the loser then faces another loser in case of an unfair first draw. This process usually takes up 50% of the whole competition, usually 3 or 4 weeks. Thats the only way which cuts the chaff. So after perfecting the format for the forums its as good as it ever will be in this environment.

So yeah time, its alot of work. But its fun too. The one in february should Im hoping, set the forums alight.

Kidfried

@themcnoisy Fair. I didn't meant any wrong with it. Was afraid you might have lost interest in our community here or something. :x

Kidfried

themcnoisy

@Kidfried A little due to all the lootbox rubbish. Hopefully it all comes good in the end.

fybyfyby

Publisher - Sony Interactive Entertainment - simply they published best games this year for me (im counting also pc platform into this selection)
Staff - Sammy (I simply like his guy, but I generally like all pushsquare stuff)

fybyfyby

themcnoisy

@fybyfyby haha its finished mate. See comment 267.

themcnoisy

@starhops thank you star. Thought you would be happy with the result!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.