Forums

Topic: FORUM GOTY 2017 AWARDS

Posts 201 to 220 of 234

LieutenantFatman

@Constable_What Oh I get it, their extreme greed has brought nasty exploitative corporate practices to everyone's attention and as such they may have accidentally done us all a favour as it might deter others from doing the same due to it backfiring so spectaculary. Nice.

LieutenantFatman

Jorjk

Publisher of the year - Sony
Favorite staff - can't vote I am new to this forum 😃

I can talk for hours about TLOU and Bloodborne
PSN: jorjk

themcnoisy

@Jorjk welcome to the forums!

@Neolit completely off topic but you threw a pic up on the community after the horizon comp finished which is brilliant. Ive copied it out and put it on a cup from moonpig. Its due in the next day or so.

Thanks for voting everyone! Keep it going.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Octane

Publisher.. It's either Sony with HZD, Gravity Rush and Uncharted, or Nintendo with the Switch and Mario Odyssey... Does a console even count? You don't ''publish'' a console, that makes you a platform holder... I'll go with Sony I think...

And @Quintumply of course, since he has the second best avatar!

Octane

FreakerZ

Publisher: im in doubt between sony and ubi..sony does great great overall each year but im giving it to ubi..in the past they milked their ip's way to much and where becomming almost as greedy as EA. But giving assassins a year of and comming back with ac origins wich was close to my goty is impressive. The division got a huge free update that is great and the risky new setting of far cry 5 makes ubisoft for me the winning publisher.

For staffmember i agree with @neolit its like choosing your fav child..i like you all in your own way so no vote ☺

FreakerZ

PSN: Freakerz1313

Rudy_Manchego

Publisher? Ninja Theory for self publishing Hellblade. What a great effort and so well marketed and released.

Staffer - Oh man, can honestly say I don't have a preference. Though obvs Sammy, and Robert do a bang up job (as does Tasuki in moderating), if forced I'd put a vote for Graham because I am a big lover of video game music and really like the monthly music articles.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Hengist

¤ Publisher: Frontier Developments
¤ Push Square Staff: Anthony Dickens (For apologising and overturning my ban).

Hengist

Octane

@themcnoisy Would you be against it if we do something similar like this on NintendoLife? We're getting a few personal GOTY threads here and there, but I think it would be neat if all of it was combined into an ''official'' NLife forums awards like this one.

Octane

rjejr

Octane wrote:

@themcnoisy Would you be against it if we do something similar like this on NintendoLife? We're getting a few personal GOTY threads here and there, but I think it would be neat if all of it was combined into an ''official'' NLife forums awards like this one.

Know what would be cool? If NL would acknowledged the GA are on tonight and Nintneod is in the GOTY category with 2 games. And both of those games are up for multiple other awards as well. If there was an ND tonight instead of GA we would have had 5 different articles on it by now - What to expect, What not to expect, when it's on in each region, Join us for live coverage, leaks and rumours.

It's tonight, but you'd never know it. So of course no main forum thread over there.

As for this voting, that "staff member" is a weird one. And all those people voting Tasuki blows my mind. It's Sammy's site, Robert works here, Damo drops by occasionally, Ant keeps things operational behind the scenes. Everybody else seems almost like interchangeable part-timers. Though if Early Access PUBGs wins GOTY nothing matters anyway.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

themcnoisy

@Octane Im dead against that NO WAY.

Lol.

Of course bro, do what you feel is right. Why would I mind I dont own the rights to goty polls (just yet). Good luck and have fun.

themcnoisy

@Neolit will do mate.

Octane

@themcnoisy Hey, after Activision patented that match-making micro-transactions scheme, I don't know who owns what anymore!

Octane

AdamNovice

I'm always tempted to say Sony due to their sheer wealth of quality content and continuing to invest in new IP and Single player story driven games. Capcom for reviving Resident Evil and consistently keeping their old games alive through remasters. But vote goes to Ninja Theory, while I haven't played Hellblade yet I voted for them because I hope they set a trend for indie developers who have ambitions to make games closer to AAA levels of quality. Their developer videos on YouTube hopefully acts as a way show how devs can control their own IP, manage budgets and how best to market such a title.

AdamNovice

Twitter:

themcnoisy

Last hour of voting people! @kratosmd ive tallied up already bro for this

Its really not close for publisher of the year, but staff member of the year is really really tight!

Gremio108

I missed the GOTY vote somehow! So now I'm frantically typing to get this through on time...
Best publisher - Sega for finally listening and bringing back 2D Sonic (I'm going to conveniently ignore Sonic Forces)
Best staff - @ShogunRok everyone is cool but the fighting tournament edged it, a stroke of genius (unless Delsin Rowe wins it then I retract everything I have said)

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

themcnoisy

@Gremio108 easily in time and thank you!

themcnoisy

Forum GOTY 2017 awards

Game of the year

Platinum: Horizon Zero Dawn

Gold: Pesona 5
Silver: NieR Automata
Bronze: Uncharted: The Lost Legacy, Yakuza Zero, Resident Evil 7

Publisher of the year

Winner: Sony

Runner up: Sega
3rd Place: Ninja Theory

Disappointment of the year

Mass Effect Andromeda

PushSquare Staffer 2017

Platinum: Sammy Get2SammyB

Gold: Robert ShogunRok
Silver: Tazuki
Bronze: Stephen Quintumply

What an awards, huge thank you to everyone who placed a vote. Without you these polls mean diddly. Im extremely proud of this years amazing list of winners.

Big ups for my co poll runner @KratosMD doing the gods work tallying the big numbers this year.

Have an amazing Christmas and a Happy New Year.

All done @get2sammyb hope youve got the energy drinks in for the big night ahead.

Fight_Teza_Fight

@themcnoisy Thanks for doing this! You are the social glue that keeps this community together. Also thanks to @KratosMD for the assist. Your updates helped keep this thread going and kept things interesting.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.