Forums

Topic: FORUM GOTY 2017 AWARDS

Posts 21 to 40 of 234

FullbringIchigo

i'll be honest this year i haven't really brought many games so this may be a strange list but

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: Mega Battle- 2 points

what a huge disappointment that was, terrible graphics, terrible game play in fact everything about it was terrible

Resident Evil 7: Biohazard- 1 point

to be fair a good survival horror game but for me the least Resident Evil of the series, i know i might be in the minority here but Resi was always a over the top B-horror movie and 7 was just far to serious, it was Outlast with a Resi skin

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Ralizah

@Octane I think you're confused. You're not supposed to vote for the best games of the year.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Gamer83

Mass Andromeda (2 points) - Don't think this one needs much explanation.

Gran Turismo Sport (1 point) - Not a bad game by any means but the initial release lacked too much content. That will be fixed but Sony's roll out was poor and so the initial impression was one of disappointment. The fact this game makes the list shows how great a year it's really been.

Gamer83

Hapuc

Pubg-2 points

Mario odyssey-1point

Broken mess that got popular I still don't get why this game is popular,the reason(for me) why gaming is becoming what it is we all know the fiasco that happened(Can't vote for Overwatch)

Same game for more then a decade the moment Mario got 3D full polygons it's been a same with only different environments.

Edited on by Hapuc

Hapuc

vegeta11

kyleforrester87 wrote:

@vegeta11 I think you misread how this part works bro

What did I do wrong? I thought we voted for what we thought were the best two games. I won't play Zelda till after Xmas when I get my switch so I can't make an assessment of that till I can.

vegeta11

PSN: vegeta11

vegeta11

Octane wrote:

@vegeta11 Read the OP again!

This what i get for multitasking at work. I will delete my post so i doesn't get counted

vegeta11

Dichotomy

I'll go with:
Nioh (2pts) - I liked it and then it dragged on and on from about the half way point, given it was a highly anticipated title for me I have to put it as the most disapponting.

Torment: Tides of Numenera (1pt) - Took so long to leave its Kickstarter and then never lived up to what inspired it (Planescape: Torment). Again not a bad game, just disappointing.

Dichotomy

Kidfried

Good thing this topic is back on here! Fortunately I did not play many games that disappointed me. But there are two games that deserve a mention here.

That being said I never felt hugely disappointed or anything. I picked both of these games for the same reason: a waste of opportunity.

Drawn to Death (2 point)
Need for Speed Payback (1 point)

Kidfried

themcnoisy

@KratosMD thanks for tallying mate. Im full of flu and am struggling to type so massive thank you.

Cheers everyone for joining in. This section of the vote will close late tonight and the goty 2017 will begin tomorrow.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

vegeta11

2 points Yooka-Laylee...I like the game for what it is but the they really should have done something about the hyper annoying voices and camera problems. I really wanted this to be great and it is fun but a bit of a let down.
1 point Agents of Mayhem also a game that I have played a bunch and enjoy but was a let down since I love the Saints series so much and there was some fun points to the game but other parts of the open world just leave so much to be desired. Sometimes there is just open world with no purpose and this happens here.

vegeta11

Ralizah

@vegeta11 In fairness, subsequent updates to Y-L have addressed exactly these issues you mentioned, among other things. I'm hoping all of these mechanical issues have been completely ironed out by the time the game releases on the Switch.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

themcnoisy

Last couple of hours to vote people.

themcnoisy

@KratosMD cheers and thank you.

So the first forum award and biggest disappointment 2017 goes to....

Mass Effect Andromeda

With For Honour and Drawn to Death miles back in joint 2nd place.

@get2sammyb @shogunrok you guys could write an article on that if you want

We are now moving onto the GOTY 2017!

themcnoisy

PUSHSQUARE FORUMS GOTY 2017

This year you can enter your top 5 games in the cup. Your games points denominations will be as follows.

1st place = 6 points
2nd = 4 points
3rd = 3 points
4th = 2 points
5th = 1 point

All the points will be tallied in 5 days time and the goty 2017 will be announced.

If a game was released in 2017 it can be counted, even remasters or dlc can go towards the picks.

Only Playstation, Vita and PSVR games please

Edited on by themcnoisy

themcnoisy

@get2sammyb Thank you Sammy, Ive recruited @kratosMD for the cause too. last time you wrote an article on a goty cup the thread was crazy popular. Thanks for voting mate.

Tasuki

MLB The Show 17 — 6 points
Call of Duty: WWII — 4 points
Tekken 7 — 3 points
Disney Afternoon Collection — 2 points
Dragon Quest Heroes II — 1 point

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.