Forums

Topic: E3 2018

Posts 21 to 40 of 375

Haruki_NLI

@Ralizah Or their show can be on Monday.

Ir they can do what they did for Super Mario Maker and give it its full gameplay reveal and final name in a tournament with details and such coming in the showcase.

We just need to wait and see. People will say its a port anyway becaise once you find the gameplay sweet spot people are happy with in Smash 4 at 1080p 60fps on Wii U...you kinda need to do a soft sequel.

@Kidfried I expect a typical conference though it depends on how much new they have to show. Honestly they can cut out the annual DLC Here First crap and save 10 minutes. XD

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Octane

@Kidfried I think they changed their approach toward PSX because having four conferences a year would be a bit too much. Even if they keep doing the more casual discussions for PSX (which I'm fine with), they still have to spread their announcements over three events; E3, TGS, and PGW/Gamescom. I expect E3 will be a regular conference. They have the benefit of announcing third party games during this event.

Octane

stinkyx

I want a new Killzone game! Or at least some kind of new FPS from Guerilla, since I think they do such a great job with them. Of course, with as many shooters as there are out there, it'd have to do something preeeetty special to warrant its existence (other than just being a flat-out good game). Ideally it wouldn't be a battle royale game, but beggars can't be choosers.

Otherwise, I'd like to see some of my favorite classic franchises make a return...Castlevania, Turok, Silent Hill. PLEASE!!!! I've been desperately holding out for 5, 8, and 6 years respectively!!!! ANYTHING WILL DO sobs

Make it a great day!

PSN: tearatherflesh

Quintumply

I've moved this thread to Retro and Other Gaming, because the discussion seems to be more general than just PS4 stuff.

Carry on!

Quintumply

PSN: Quintumply | Twitter:

ThroughTheIris56

What I want and think is feasible:
Ghost of Tsushima trailer/gameplay
TLOU2 trailer/gameplay
Dreams trailer/gameplay
SIE Japan new announcement (Puppeteer, Ape Escape or a new IP)
From Software new game reveal

ThroughTheIris56

Th3solution

After getting into Bloodborne, I am pretty excited about From Software’s current project. Bloodborne 2? A new IP? Both?

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

I've long given up hoping for a sequel to bloodborne

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

NecuVise

@JohnnyShoulder I still haven't as I read somewhere that they have an agreement for two games in the series with Sony. I'm not sure if that's true but I hope it is

NecuVise

ThroughTheIris56

@JohnnyShoulder No need. It's only been 3 years since the first game, and they haven't released a game in a while, so they're bound to have something in the works.

ThroughTheIris56

Haruki_NLI

@JohnnyShoulder I long gave up hope to a sequel to Metroid and we just got a remake and new Prime game announced.

So dont lose hope until its been 8 years XD

JohnnyShoulder

I suppose the fact that The Last Guardian saw the light of day should be the benchmark. Hope we don't have to wait that long.

I can't remember what Hidetaka Miyazaki said about From's future games, but i have a horrible feeling Dark Souls Remastered is one of those games.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Haruki_NLI

@JohnnyShoulder Id say Final Fantasy XV was the benchmark.

Honestly whoever said "Yes, lets reveal a spinoff to a game that wont be out for three years yet because we are so sure it'll be a success" better have lost their job.

themcnoisy

Its a weird one this year. Most of the games Sony are bringing out dont excite me at all. Dreams and Sucker Punches games are the only exceptions. Detroit and tlou seem to be a bit too edgy and the Marvel universe is a bit crap imo.

I hope the ff7 remake rears its head else I can see 2018 being about all the games I missed in 2017.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

BAMozzy

@themcnoisy I must admit that a LOT of Sony's exclusives don't appeal to me either - even less than you it seems. I can't say I am 'excited' for God of War (not being a fan of the franchise) but it looked interesting enough to buy. Spider-Man too is in that category for me and pre-ordered that too. The games that really interest and appeal to me are Days Gone and Ghost of Tsushima (more the concept of GoT as we have yet to see much about the game-play). Last of Us 2 certainly interests me as a fan of Naughty Dog but I struggled to connect with Joel, Ellie also annoyed at times and the game-play was quite repetitive too - maybe more so for me because the story was predictable and I didn't connect with the characters - even the 'supporting' cast died within a chapter or two so didn't have a chance to be 'meaningful'. That and some game-play elements have me wondering whether LoU2 will be more of the same, whether the story will be worthwhile but it has shown enough to warrant my interest and certainly enough to buy. Death Stranding looks visually impressive but until I have a clearer idea of the game, the plot etc, its not likely to be a purchase.

I have no interest in Dreams, Ni No Kuni, Yakuza etc and the only other game that once interested me, seems to have disappeared - Wild.

That being said, 2018 is still looking quite interesting for me and could be busier than 2017.

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

kyleforrester87

@themcnoisy I think the only game I'm really looking forward to at the moment is Octopath Traveler on Switch. That's not to say I won't be pleasantly surprised by something Sony/Nintendo announce but there is not much in the pipe line that has me hyped. FF7, of course, but who knows whats happening with that.

It's a good way to be though to be fair, more likely to be pleasantly surprised with a new release.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

themcnoisy

@BAMozzy @kyleforrester87 I suppose the big 2 waves of games I was excited for have gone. Persona 5, everybodysgolf, Destiny 2, Titanfall, HZD, Final Fantasy 15, psvr static and vr worlds in that second wave. Im not really that enthralled atm but I suppose after 3 and a bit years on ps4 it can go that way.

Also missing out on Zelda Botw, Moss psvr, rez psvr last year and my backlog of Nier, TOCS, LA Noire maybe Im a bit gaming jaded. Gonna make a restart on Nier and see what happens.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.