Forums

Topic: e-801809a8 help!

Posts 1 to 10 of 10

Johnny88

Ok so I got a PS4 and it has e-801809a8 error and eject button don't work.so I changed the disk drive and it except the disk but still won't read still won't eject even change the sister board like I should and nothing what do I do it's even been sent to Sony and nothing got it back the same way help!!!!!

Johnny88

Tasuki

From what I have read via Google it's an error code pertaining to a faulty Blu-ray drive which means something is wrong with your drive.

You can try figuring out yourself like by replacing the drive or the easier option would be to contact Sony and set up a repair.

Edited on by Tasuki

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Johnny88

@Tasuki thanks for replying I have sent it in and they just sent it back.and I changed the drive with a brand new disc drive and still won't work I'm getting the same error code and still won't update

Johnny88

Mergatro1d

@Johnny88 On the playstation forum it says to contact them if you have that error. Pretty poor of Sony just to send it back.

Had you updated to system v5.00 before it happened?

Mergatro1d

PSN: mergatro1d

Johnny88

@Mergatro1d hi thanks for replying idk becuz i just got it off someone.yra I no Sony was no help at all but I no it's not updating g to 5.03 and people keep say it's the Blu Ray but it's not I changed it to a brand new one

Johnny88

Johnny88

@Mergatro1d o haven't seen it I'll give it a watch

Yea it's bad. Thanks for the help

Johnny88

Tasuki

I find it odd that Sony sent it back without saying what's wrong with it at least. You said you got it off of someone, did you buy it from them used?

My Backlog

Tasuki

@Johnny88 If you can maybe see if you can get a hold of the last owner and see if they did anything to it. Like repair it or maybe even try to mod it. Other then that the only other thing I can think off is contact Sony again or just buy a new one.

My Backlog

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.