Forums

Topic: Destiny 2 - Guardians Unite

Posts 281 to 300 of 308

themcnoisy

@kyleforrester87 @Ypmud @Mdbraith Im unsure how the destiny t×@ message thread is going on ps4, im away until tomorrow evening (wednesday). But im still on for Friday at 11am for the raid.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Ypmud

Im all over it like a fat kid on cake

Ypmud

PSN: ypmud

themcnoisy

@Ypmud has anybody else signed up so far or are we still sat at 4 people?

@splat @shogunrok can you make Friday 11am lads?

ShogunRok

@themcnoisy 11am? Or do you mean pm? Might be able to do the latter but definitely not the former.

ShogunRok

Twitter:

Ypmud

11am I do believe but it might go on all day

Ypmud

PSN: ypmud

themcnoisy

@ShogunRok In the morning. A few of us are off work so it makes sense.

Splat

@themcnoisy Sorry man I'm in the US so time difference will keep me out.

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

PSN: Splathew

themcnoisy

@Ypmud 11am start bro. Robo, jev and braith will direct us. I can follow instructions.

Is there a particular bunch of weapons i should use tomorrow? Autorifles, scout rifles etc.

themcnoisy

@kyleforrester87 throw a sickie.

Tbf you would have more chance at that if your real name wasnt your push user name!

Mdbraith

I'm in agreement with the pulling a sicky plan. We need a 6th

Regarding weapons for the raid. I tend to use a scout and an auto (nameless midnight and uriels gift currently) for the most part with merciless as my power weapon. I switch to cold heart for calus with a non exotic fusion rifle in the power slot.

Mainly comes down to personal preference though, if you like rocking hand cannons or smgs go for it, sunshot is a beast! Whatever helps you stay alive during the ad phases

Mdbraith

BAMozzy

@Mdbraith That loadout is pretty similar to mine but at Calus, I tend to use the Raid Rocket over a Fusion. Curtain Call is a good substitute if you don't have the Raid Rocket. These also work well for ad clearance - especially the shielded enemies.

Nameless Midnight is a beast of a scout and Uriels Gift is great in the Energy slot. I sometimes use the Origin Story at the boss as its great for both throne room and void as I tend to keep Cold Heart for Skulls and Calus only. Nameless Midnight is good but if I have to use the kinetic for skulls, I find Origin Story better. Another good option is Sweet Business with Uriels and the Raid Rocket for both Skulls and Calus.

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

Mdbraith

Haven't managed to drop the raid rocket yet! Hopefully tomorrow will be the day. I have a curtain call that will have to do for now... but I will try that instead of the fusion for sure.

You are totally right about the origin story for the calus fight too. That rampage perk can get you out of tight spots pretty well. You need those extra shots that a scout just doesn't have at that point, it can be pretty frantic on either team for the end boss.

Mdbraith

themcnoisy

@Mdbraith @jevon @ypmud @mrobinson did you finish the raid?

I had a good time on the raid, obviously some points better than others. The first 2 sections were pretty good, the gauntlet was a pain in the hoop, its one of the few parts of any raid were 1 mistake costs a run! Sorry I had to bail at callus but such is life. At least I know what to do now and will be more of an asset in any future excursions. And dont worry about giving harsh instructions Im used to it. Im married.

kyleforrester87

Did things get a bit heated? Haha the emotional rollercoaster of Destiny raids is really something. I remember screaming at some of the guys on here first time we did VoG :')

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

themcnoisy

@kyleforrester87 only at one point, but we had a series of wipes even though we had the technique down. I glitched through a psyon when i was meant to punch it and then completely forgot to punch another. But it all came together in the end.

I think thats Destiny though. Your first time at anything in destiny is crazy. You get lost, dont know what to shoot, forget what your role is etc etc everyone does it.

We battered the pool area. On the dogs we managed that in under 90 minutes all in all, which I thought was good going. (Noticed the pushsquare message thread heads were stuck for over 3 hours in there on the first raid) The Gauntlet really messed us up, we were having regular lag amongst the team which didnt help and combined with some stupid mistakes (probably 40% from me) cost us. So we got to callus and had a quick blast and walkthrough of what to do.

4 and a bit hours altogether, the raid didn't start until 11:45 and we had a few intervals. So yeah a good run and it will be easier next time.

themcnoisy

@Cyph0Lax finally did the raid bro with huge amounts of help from the regular forum users here. Its pretty complex unsure how far whitewolf and yourself have managed. I would say you need to be at least level 295 to make things easier.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.