Forums

Topic: Destiny 2 - Guardians Unite

Posts 221 to 240 of 308

CountFunkula78

@themcnoisy
Nice one, please send me an invite in-game!

First session, got to level 13/130 power. What a great game, so many improvements on the first one, so many great missions. Even tried a couple of casual crucible matches and enjoyed those too, although a bit apprehensive about trying the 'competitive' playlists.
I'm going to focus on hoovering up some of the adventures, as I'm getting to the point where I'm a little underpowered for the missions.
I'm assuming that missions/adventures will be replayable at some point? Also haven't seen anything resembling a 'strike' yet, but I assume they're coming?

Edited on by CountFunkula78

CountFunkula78

themcnoisy

@CountFunkula78 I would if I knew how! The other lads in the clan sent a request to join and i accepted it on my pc. God knows how it works and i cant get bungie.net to work on my android phone (it wont scroll). But I will load it up in work and try to send one later.

@kyleforrester87 hahaha nice.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Kogorn733

Being a former WoW player, but having never tried any other MMO, would I like Destiny? I never played Destiny 1 and am curious to give Destiny 2 a try, at the very least to get the full money's worth from my PS+ membership since I don't really play many multiplayer games.

Anyone have a general overview as to what to expect? Is there enough single player content to enjoy the game solo too?

Thanks!

Kogorn733

CountFunkula78

@themcnoisy
I'm looking into it myself, and it seems like it has to be done on PC, so I'll boot it up later and try to find the clan

@kyleforrester87
Thanks! The strikes opening was pretty much the next thing that happened after I dropped back in, although I can't choose which strike to play yet, just get put in a random one...

Hit level 20 last night (power 203 or something), but had to check out Star Wars BF2 for the rest of the evening. I need to finish up the campaign which should get me into the 250/260 area sometime today 😀

CountFunkula78

CountFunkula78

@Kogorn733

I only tried wow once and I didn't like the controls, so I can't really compare, but if you like first person shooters, Destiny is one of the best available, and can be enjoyed as a straightforward single player FPS, without ever getting into online or multiplayer at all...
HOWEVER - on top of that is an excellent shared-world MMO that you can drop in to as much or as little as suits your taste, with both PvE and PvP elements, although the PvE content is stronger.

Personally, I would recommend playing solo on your first playthrough anyway, that way you can experience the game at your own pace before dropping into multiplayer where people tend to rush to objectives and don't stop if you want to gawp at scenery/take your time etc.
If you have a friend who plays at the same pace it can help if you're just getting into it or finding some of the missions hard. I might also recommend picking up D1 as a solo game to see if you like it, as it is totally playable and cheap as chips now.
If you'd like to try some low level multiplayer stuff (on either game) send me a message as I'm going to be starting a new character at some point and it would be fun to mp it

CountFunkula78

themcnoisy

@Kogorn733 yes its great follow what @CountFunkula78 is saying.

Play at your own pace and when you have fleshed out your character and have a prefered set of abilities and weapons you are good to go in a clan.

You can perform strikes with randoms too. Its just nightfall, trials of the 9 and the raid you cant do.

Trials of the 9 @ 9pm people?

themcnoisy

@CountFunkula78 I would be down with starting a new character and running through the campaign with you, once weve done some stuff with our main characters of course!

Ypmud

Hi all, can one of your guys add me to your psn friends list and I need an admin to invite me to the clan, I can no longer raid with my team due to them being in america I am way behind everyone now

Thanks

Ypmud

PSN: ypmud

themcnoisy

@Ypmud add me bro, im in the uk. MC_Noisy

themcnoisy

@Ypmud nice, we r raiding later if you want to join. In approx 1 hour at 9pm uk time.

Ypmud

I cant tonight mate I am working until 8am tomorrow then im on it like a bad smell with Iron banner and raid and NF from tomorrow onwards.

Ypmud

Ypmud

whos up for some ib or nf fun tonight?

Ypmud

themcnoisy

@Cyph0Lax @CountFunkula78 @Ypmud @kyleforrester87

Can we all do the raid on Tuesday 9pm lads? Will get whitewolf to join us too.

kyleforrester87

@themcnoisy Honestly Tuesdays are not great for me because depending how the working days gone or what I have going on at 9am the following morning I can be in any kind of mood and unable to commit until I get home that evening haha. I might just want to veg out with a single player game and get to bed by 10:30.

Fridays and weekends are always the best for me so I can stay up late if necessary. I know that isnt the same for you guys though.

Dont mean to be a kill joy, do give me a shout if you need me next week though, I'm sure I can jump on if you're 1 down.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Splat

How long do Iron Banner seasons last?

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

PSN: Splathew

XOF

@themcnoisy how long is the raid? I can be there for 1 to 2 hours as it's midnight here...
more than that I can't really make any promises.

I make deliveries, that's all.

PSN: Homo-Ludens97

BAMozzy

@Cyph0Lax If you all work well as a team, know exactly what to do or at least can execute the mechanics with minimal/zero errors, have decent weaponry and can communicate effectively, then the Raid can be completed in under an hour. In the 4 main stages of the Raid though, you only have 1 revive per person and have to revive people quickly otherwise you ALL die. The more you mess up, the more difficult it becomes as a death can mean that certain mechanics could take longer because people have to leave their role to revive or maybe messing up can mean you don't get enough 'stacks' to do decent damage so you have to repeat more phases. Its not like a Strike which has very few - if any - mechanics and the basic principal is to just kill everything in an area before moving on to the next and repeating that until you reach a boss and just shooting that boss until he is dead. You have to be co-ordinated with others - including some cases where you are not even in the same places, or seeing the same symbols. Unlike a Strike though, if you do have to leave or can't finish in a certain time window, your checkpoint will be kept until the weekly reset so you can pick-up where you left off

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

Victor_Meldrew

Unless you've a bunch of 300 level guardians experienced in the raid then under an hour isnt that doable. I did it in 75 minutes with few miatakes and a decent fireteam.

Victor_Meldrew

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.