Forums

Topic: Destiny 2 - Guardians Unite

Posts 121 to 140 of 308

Mega-Gazz

Q: MIDA Multi-Tool & MIDA mini-tool or auto-rifle & Sunshot?

Mega-Gazz

kyleforrester87

@Mega-Gazz Auto rifles all the way for me over scout rifles. One with a decent range. Scout rifles are cool but I hate the low fire rate when I'm up close. Would rather switch to a hand canon in that scenario and cause some real damage if I'm having to shoot closely.

I'd even rather have a pulse rifle over a scout rifle tbh. At least they are useful at close range!

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

BAMozzy

@Mega-Gazz Really depends on your playstyle and the content. I like Scout rifles myself for 'ranged' combat but if you prefer to get 'close' the Auto rifles are a 'good Kinetic option. Scouts and Hand Cannons can be great if you have good accuracy. The scout for more ranged combat and Hand Cannons more for close to medium range. Auto and SMG combo is the 'spray and pray' option. If you want to mix it up - i.e like to pick off enemies at a distance but want to spray and pray if they get close, go for the 2 Mida's. If you prefer to keep your combat more at 'medium' range, an Auto isn't bad - especially if you find it difficult to keep shots on a moving target and keep tapping the trigger but want to make sure you put targets down or at least stagger them and find it 'easier' to get head shots, a hand cannon makes a good pairing.

It really does depend on the activity and your own playstyle. Having a semi-auto can be a pain if you are always jumping/strafing and maybe hip firing too regardless of the activity. If you are happy to pick the enemies off at a distance - a scout can be great to pop heads and end game activities may require more patience. Some though can throw you in to a lot of close range combat and whilst Hand Cannons hit hard, they also need to be reloaded after a few shots which can be an issue - at least with Auto firing weapons you spit out a lot of bullets and they can reload quite quickly as you jump back for example ready to spit out more damage.

I don't think there is a single answer to this. It really depends on the individual, their playstyle preference and activity. Until you reach max power level, it may be more beneficial to use the weapons that give you the highest power level - but then if that means using a grenade launcher, you maybe better to use a 'lower' power rated weapon that's more effective for you.

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

Splat

Mega-Gazz wrote:

auto-rifle & Sunshot

I have been rolling with this for awhile.

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

PSN: Splathew

Mega-Gazz

@kyleforrester87 @Splat @Splat @BAMozzy Thanks for the thoughts... I actually RNG'd hard light too which is hella fun but really weak. In the end - in PVE - I don't think MIDA is a good use of your exotic slot. It is weak against elites and really anything can handle trash, where Sunshot does tons of damage against elites. Also the bonus speed from MIDA isn't really noticeable (even with both midas).

Mega-Gazz

BAMozzy

@Mega-Gazz Hard Light is great because you can change the element easily and Mida is great in PvP. In PvE its most useful bonus is the mini map when ADS'ing but its a jack of all trades and master of none. Its best to use what ever gives you the highest power though - at least until you reach max

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

Splat

I'm up to a 265 power level and feel like I hit a brick wall. I just can't raise it anymore.

Mega-Gazz

@Splat I've read that is a wall indeed. Blues seem to cap at 260, and purple at 270. I have some exotics higher. I suspect to get further you'll need to raid.

Mega-Gazz

BAMozzy

@Mega-Gazz Blues and Purples gradually creep up, but any activities that can reward 'powerful' gear should help the the 'little steps' above that. I am at 280 now but my blues/purples are dropping at 273 - I know its not great when all your gear is 278+ but it also shows they are not fixed.

Raid, Nightfall, Clan Rewards etc can all drop 'powerful' gear - and having multiple characters can help gain more powerful gear a week too.

Mega-Gazz

@BAMozzy Thanks, it really looked like blues were capping at 260.

Mega-Gazz

BAMozzy

@Mega-Gazz - They do, for a while. However it does scale up it seems as you level up. Its still not 'that' useful because if they are dropping at 270 ish. chances are you are over 275. It may help if you have a low piece of armour or something that is holding you back a point or 2 but in most cases, they end up as 'parts' - unless you have multiple characters that you want to 'boost' as soon as they hit 20. All those weapons you can suddenly equip at over 270 means you get better drops on the 'next' character - especially if you save all your 'powerful gear' activities to the end of a week

Splat

I tried my first Nightfall Strike and it started with me by myself... It didn't go well.

Mega-Gazz

@Splat Isn't the nightfall like the raid, no matchmaking? Meaning you need to actually find a team ahead of time?

Edit: But you seem to be on in EST, so I may be game to try it one night.

Edited on by Mega-Gazz

Mega-Gazz

Splat

@Mega-Gazz Yeah, I didn't know you had to find a team first for the Nightfall. I would like to try and finish it at least once for the trophy and milestone.

ApostateMage

I've being playing the first Destiny and have just met The Stranger and heard her spout her classic line. I now feel officially part of the Destiny club.

ApostateMage

Mega-Gazz

@ApostateMage Sadly you'll never get to experience Dinkelbot and blame an actor for a bad script...

Mega-Gazz

ApostateMage

@Mega-Gazz I heard Dinklebot during the trial and never understood the fuss over his performance. Any story/lore that has to told through other media is always poor writing, in my opinion.

ApostateMage

kyleforrester87

@ApostateMage i disagree - some of the best games show, but don't tell, and are open to interpretation. Additional media/fan theories can then expand on that. Not saying this is applicable to Destiny necessarily but certainly games like Dark Souls, Hyper Light Drifter, Fez..

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.