Forums

Topic: Death Stranding OT

Posts 201 to 220 of 495

themcnoisy

@AdamNovice probably a good idea to stick to the paths, will try that now.

So my HDMI 1 and 2 have broke on my TV. So it's just a black screen with sound. Trying the ps4 on HDMI 3 which is 1080p without hdr is just grim. Better than nothing but man it looks way worse.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Shellcore

Who else has been turning down the difficulty for certain bosses? I feel dirty.

PSN: Aleks-UK

ZeD

DS is very low on my list of must have games (as walking miles whilst sorting boxes out does not sound fun to me) but there is one thing that has bothered me since it launched...
In the trailers, it seems that the baby pod is shown quite a lot and seems important. However, ever video I have seen and articles i have read, they only show/discuss that you are a delivery boy. Nothing has been ever said about the baby. is it some spoiler-ish to know about it or is there a bigger picture.

ZeD

PSN: KratosRisesAgain | Twitter:

MightyDemon82

@ZeD The BB (bridge baby) helps you detect BT's (beached thing's) essentially spirits that will slow you down. But with the BB you can avoid these. Unless you don't look after your BB it can malfunction and your on your own. Plus it's a huge part of the story, I loved the game, still playing after the story finished. Tried to be as vague as possible without spoiling anything!

What I will say though it's more than just walking, you later get bikes/trucks. You can leave ladders/ropes so yourself and other players can climb, abseil down cliffs, mountains. Zip lines are also brilliant so getting to and from places once you have them connected to the chiral network is fantastic!

Edited on by MightyDemon82

MightyDemon82

andreoni79

@Shellcore I'm playing on Hard difficulty and there's always an evil grin on my face when I face bosses; if I have tons of ematic grenades on my backpack I kill them, otherwise I run and jump and swear while escaping.

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

themcnoisy

@ZeD Don't buy it Zed. It's not for you. For some It's a boring delivery game. For me it's a fantastic new world and mechanics with the best graphics and best verticality in any genre. Like Lord of the rings the book is a slog and purposefully a hard read like going on a journey. DS is the same.

Personally it's the only game which could pull me off Dreams and can't wait to get to the far west coast later tonight.

0D0

themcnoisy wrote:

Has anyone crashed the game yet? It's happened 4 times to me so far.

I've never had a crash so far (30h)

0D0

0D0

carlos82 wrote:

@themcnoisy I'm always building roads wherever I go, use the bridge link system to connect with people who have the most likes as they tend to be the people building these things. At one point I was getting constant messages as one of them was putting materials into the road and I was doing the same, it was
kind of cool knowing we were both building the same roads at the same time even if we couldn't see each other.
As for my slow progress I've finished chapter 3 and played the rather interesting chapter 4 😉. Unfortunately the real world has put a halt to my progress for today

That's nice. I haven't thought about doing that. Gonna try.

I'm obsessed about building roads. I can't go further without making sure I'm completing them.

Edited on by 0D0

0D0

MightyDemon82

@themcnoisy beautifully put with the Lotr analogy, glad i bought the game 80 hours so far, premium deliveries are crazy in heavy BT zones on hard (gotta get them trophies).

Edited on by MightyDemon82

MightyDemon82

themcnoisy

@ZeD As with any Kojima game, there are stories in stories, stories about each item and there's a big nod to popular culture and some amazing characters.

The overarching story is a bit weird. It's very cynical at the start although it improves at various points. Heartmans section in particular was very classy.

I wouldn't say its marmite, in fact if the opening few hours story was less cliche and jargon filled with more emotion it would be an easy recommend in that department. It completely falls flat though and I did not care for the people in the story, that's changed a tad but its certainly not the last of us.

@MightyDemon82 good luck mopping up. I haven't looked at the list yet. I'm on just over 50% Trophies atm, somewhere near 75% and that's me done!

andreoni79

Since today it's my birthday I jumped in DS for a few minutes to see what Kojima planned and I got three surprises.
Does anybody know if I should look for something else before midnight?
1) mail from Bridges staff
2) birthday cake in the private room
3) Clifford cutscene

themcnoisy

@andreoni79 pretty cool. Kojima thinks outside of the box.

Massive spoiler territory here

Did you hug or shoot?

I hugged. There's a ton of extra content if you keep waiting around.

Edited on by themcnoisy

themcnoisy

@andreoni79 sorry mate.

andreoni79

@themcnoisy just because I scroll up and down on the phone and in that way I easily miss a written spoiler alert

themcnoisy

Woah the whole ending. Amazing. Totally makes sense why Sam is a jerk at the beginning and the story is really shaky. Crazy. I won't spoil it but it's boss.

MightyDemon82

@themcnoisy yup it's still stuck in my head, after almost a week, truly a fantastic experience overall!

MightyDemon82

themcnoisy

@MightyDemon82 I had an inkling what or rather how the end game would play out. The way all the main characters are tied together is fantastic.

The twist was decent, the explanation is a masterclass.

I hope Kojima keeps working on games, there's no way DS could translate to a film and have the same impact.

Edited on by themcnoisy

belmont

The game FREAKED me out!!

I was in the snow mountains and I saw from the distance the Tallneck the Giraffe looking robot from Horizon!!!!!!! I didn't capture it I only took a screenshot but I found this video where a player found it on another location

belmont

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic