Forums

Topic: Death Stranding OT

Posts 181 to 200 of 495

themcnoisy

@AdamNovice @kyleforrester87 it is post apocalyptic times so incest is in vogue.

So I'm now into mamas chapter after running a few extra missions to get my gear up, getting tired of running into BTs now. One of the reasons chapter 3 opens up is because they are not around to open the scene, just the mules so you have a fighting chance if things go Pete tong to keep hold of your gear.

Anyway so I left South Port and delivered a pizza to the guy in the North of the map, I ran into a set of BTs which seemingly went on for ever twice! Then I visited Port Knot used the car to get over to the depot centre and have just ran into more BTs on my way to the next new place. No point using a vehicle going somewhere new they just shut down and your fubar in a field of BTs with a sticky gun, ladder and 400 pieces of ceramic.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

kyleforrester87

@themcnoisy get your anti bt pistol, one fully charged shot and regular BT’s are done.

I do like em tbh, I like the weird noise that happens when they are about. Beeping sound.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

themcnoisy

@kyleforrester87 oh I forgot you could hold the shot for more power doh. As I said yesterday too many systems are thrown at you and you can't remember what they are.

MightyDemon82

Just finished Episode 9, fantastic stuff, approaching 70 hours played.

MightyDemon82

themcnoisy

@andreoni79 haha nice one.

@kyleforrester87 I managed to use my first zip line tonight from the mountain to the doctors in 1 minute. Boom.

Then I had to do that snow mountain trek which was no fun at all!

@MightyDemon82 great going. I'm at about 26 I think.

So today I tried to make things a little easier by building up some roads. However there doesn't seem to be anyone else helping out. I'm usually short on ceramics after the second piece is laid out so max out the metal and crystal and leave as much ceramic as I can. There are 3 sections like that and no one has finished them, what's the deal with that?

MightyDemon82

@Arugula just one of the perks of finishing early on a friday and no kids to tie me down, plus my better half was off getting her hair done and that cost more than double the price of a new game.

@themcnoisy probably nobody has the materials available, i never had that problem. Maybe just players in your server want to trek without roads.

MightyDemon82

Ash_uk1

About 60 hours in and loving the game.

Spent about 3 hours setting up a network of zip lines all over the map.

Going to go for the platinum I think.

Ash_uk1

PSN: Ash_uk1

carlos82

@themcnoisy I'm always building roads wherever I go, use the bridge link system to connect with people who have the most likes as they tend to be the people building these things. At one point I was getting constant messages as one of them was putting materials into the road and I was doing the same, it was kind of cool knowing we were both building the same roads at the same time even if we couldn't see each other.

As for my slow progress I've finished chapter 3 and played the rather interesting chapter 4 😉. Unfortunately the real world has put a halt to my progress for today

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

PSN: AVGN_82

carlos82

@kyleforrester87 I love doing that, my private locker at the distribution centre is stuffed full of special alloys, metals and ceramics that I've liberated. All ready to build my roads and some well placed private rest rooms 😁

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

PSN: AVGN_82

themcnoisy

@Arugula Don't worry soon enough you will get special gloves and a heat pack to go with your climbing leg things.

However I really dislike the places you cannot climb going up into the mountains. This is the most annoying part of the game 100%. You head towards an area which looks climbable - but Sam just jumps up and down against it without gripping and sometimes loses his balance and falls all the way down! There's no way of telling if somethings unclimable until you are dry humping it. This was also a minor complaint I had with HZD.

JohnnyShoulder

@themcnoisy Anything you could climb in HZD was clearly marked, i think in yellow iirc.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

themcnoisy

@JohnnyShoulder what I'm referring to is the general world. You will see a rock you could camber up, a similar rock bounces you back. It happened in hzd in the open world if you went exploring the outer areas especially south west in the initial area.

It's a minor quibble in hzd as I never had any game issues other than exploring for my own curiosity. Massive issue in DS as it causes unnecessary cargo degradation and falling off cliffs.

themcnoisy

@Arugula Yup agreed. There's another big roadblock of snow after that as well

AdamNovice

@themcnoisy I didn't have too many problems with that area, if you can just avoid step rocks and stick to the snow paths. Plus I think it was designed to be quite a trek so it felt satisfying reaching your destination. Zip lines will help on return visits too.

AdamNovice

Twitter:

MightyDemon82

The Credits just rolled for me and just wow, a game that will stay with me for a long time. Now to mop up trophies to get the platinum!

MightyDemon82

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic