Forums

Topic: Dark Souls 3 | OT | Come Ashen Ones

Posts 181 to 200 of 205

arnoldlayne83

Oi_Oi_Spanky wrote:

The Souls games and Bloodborne have murdered gaming for me. Everything else I play now is a lite distraction.

Megaquote!
I can barely enjoy other "bland" combat systems anymore.... I came to Witcher 3 right after finishing Bloodborne and it tasted so watered down....

psn: markthesovver83 ; Nnid: arnoldlayne83

PSN: markthesovver83

Mega-Gazz

scubydo wrote:

What is a good starting class? I am finding the knight isn't so well off as one might think.

Definitely Herald IMO. Sub-par starting weapon but that is easily fixed. Starts with a heal spell usable in combat (ie fast cast), a 100% shield and decent melee stats. The ability to use FP to heal really extends your range at the start of the game.

Mega-Gazz

Mega-Gazz

arnoldlayne83 wrote:

Oi_Oi_Spanky wrote:

The Souls games and Bloodborne have murdered gaming for me. Everything else I play now is a lite distraction.

Megaquote!
I can barely enjoy other "bland" combat systems anymore.... I came to Witcher 3 right after finishing Bloodborne and it tasted so watered down....

Inorite!! I literally fell asleep playing the Witcher 3 after bloodborne even though I was really looking forward tobit!

Edited on by Mega-Gazz

Mega-Gazz

AndyD

@mrobinson91: Well, I know that his carry load is a bit off balance, hence the heavy armor weighs him down more, and I noticed that his dodge and/or roll requires more time. Thus I find myself getting hit more, when I know I should already be moving away...of course it could be user error and I may just need to practice more.

SW-3806-8055-1317
DIY Needs list
My ever growing backlog
Switch:Minecraft Dungeons,Borderlands 2,ACNH

PSN: devine1981

Hego

@scubydo: Your probably experiencing a fat roll due to your carrying load in the game. Try to keep your weight under 70% to ensure you've a medium toll which is quicker

Hego

PSN: Duke-of-Styria

arnoldlayne83

@scubydo: check your current load. If that is more than 70% your roll is very slowed down and become tricky to perform without taking damage. If that s the case you should change your equipment towards lighter ones or put some points invthe stat that increase your max load. U can also keep being heavy weight and mainly rely on ur shield for blocking and parrying, but with bigger foes it become complicate....

God I love the complexity of this game!

psn: markthesovver83 ; Nnid: arnoldlayne83

PSN: markthesovver83

Mega-Gazz

Anyone want to trade summon/kills for mound-maker rep? IE to farm vertebra shackles? Canadian time zone, usually play after 9pm eastern.

Mega-Gazz

Mega-Gazz

Mega-Gazz wrote:

Anyone want to trade summon/kills for mound-maker rep? IE to farm vertebra shackles? Canadian time zone, usually play after 9pm eastern.

Finally managed to get some invasions that weren't 3-on-1 but still would like to do this if someone is up for it.

Mega-Gazz

Hego

Beat the game last night but I can't beat one of the optional bosses, king of the storm. He's absolutely wrecking me and I can't even find any summons for help he's the first Souls bosses I've ever really hit a wall with

Hego

Mega-Gazz

He's pretty much the hardest boss, FWIW. He's still hard with a summon . It took me about 10 tries WITH summons. And so much so that the reason you can't find a summon is that everyone wants to summon and no-one wants to help, so you have to literally race to the summon sign when it appears, and often it'll give you an error because someone else got to it first. Crazy.

When do you play? If we set a password you should be able to summon me, and I can help at the least.

I may ask for help with mound-maker rep in return though, I'll put a purple summon sign down and you summon me, I kill you, get Vertebra shackle, repeat, save stupid amounts of farming rare drops

Mega-Gazz

Hego

@Mega-Gazz: I'm UK time usually in the evenings and night, roughly 8-11. I Duno if I'm gonna bother trying him again but I'll help you with the covenant no problem send me a messageif you see me on and I'll fire up DS

Hego

Oi_Oi_Spanky

@arnoldlayne83: The defence stats armour gives you aren't all that anyway. If you wan't a good defence it's better to up skill and strength. When I PvP I don't use any armour, just a decent weapon and a lite shield to parry. That gives me that hyper roll. To put it in perspective, I'm having no more trouble playing through as a sorcerer wearing robes than I did with a knight wearing armour.

Oi_Oi_Spanky

Oi_Oi_Spanky

scubydo wrote:

What is a good starting class? I am finding the knight isn't so well off as one might think.

You really have to break the mind set. I was lothed to do so at first but when you come around to the fact that when you choose your character all you're doing is choosing your starting weapons, things start to click. Yeah, maybe a knight has a touch more of a health bar and hits ever so sleightly harder, but a pyro has an extra ranged attack. Then you can concentrate more on how you play the game instead of expecting an easier run.

Edited on by Oi_Oi_Spanky

Oi_Oi_Spanky

AndyD

Oi_Oi_Spanky wrote:

scubydo wrote:

You really have to break the mind set. I was lothed to do so at first but when you come around to the fact that when you choose your character all you're doing is choosing your starting weapons, things start to click. Yeah, maybe a knight has a touch more of a health bar and hits ever so sleightly harder, but a pyro has an extra ranged attack. Then you can concentrate more on how you play the game instead of expecting an easier run.

This related to DS2, but is there any good "knight" melee or casting or both builds that are recommended? Or where should I spec early in the game?

Edited on by AndyD

SW-3806-8055-1317
DIY Needs list
My ever growing backlog

mrobinson91

@scubydo: You can respec very early on in this game so I'd just suggest early on putting points into whatever you need. If you're running out of stamina too often, go for that, if you feel more health would be beneficial........etc. When I hit level 60 I felt it was time to respec into something that felt better.

I AM SIEGMEYER OF CATARINA AND YOU SHALL FEEL MY WRATH!

PSN: mrobinson91 | Twitter:

Mega-Gazz

FINALLY got the plat! The covenant grinding is the worst part

Mega-Gazz

AndyD

Playing through ds2. And using a build guide. I am noticing their level allotments require an insane amount of souls. Even after clearing the first forest, i am no where close. Yet the few i have read all say alot a ton of points in numerous attributes. Where do they gather all these souls from?? So early in the game? These are first run guides not ng+

Edited on by AndyD

SW-3806-8055-1317
DIY Needs list
My ever growing backlog

DestinationPs

I will try to get an answer here instead of the recommendation thread: Which Dark souls game do you recommend to start with, II or III? I have never played any of them. Thanks in advance!

DestinationPs

AndyD

I started 3 but then picked up ds2 and now i am personally doing 2 first. Although the stories do not overlap much. So you are safe either way.

SW-3806-8055-1317
DIY Needs list
My ever growing backlog

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.