Forums

Topic: Dark Souls 3 | OT | Come Ashen Ones

Posts 141 to 160 of 205

Kai_

@Mega-Gazz: everyone seems to have entirely different experiences with bosses it seems, I threw about 4 fireballs and Pontiff melted, easiest boss for me. Crystal Sage messed me up though. Really badly.

Kai_

Mega-Gazz

@Neurotic_Biotic: Interesting. Crystal Sage melted pretty fast for melee, just run up and be aggressive. a couple tries but not much.

Mega-Gazz

consolfreak1982

@kyleforrester87: oh man - Im too greedy it seems LOL yesterday I hardly got into the second phase of the Abyss Watcher Battle - man does that guy hit fast and hard in phase two .... blocking is pretty much useless and I also always mess up with the evading
Seems like I just have to get better LOL

so many games - so little time

PSN: consolfreak1982 | Twitter:

kyleforrester87

@consolfreak1982: He does a long combo with a spin and finishes up with a long reaching cleave, stay unlocked and just out of range of the cleave and then run round and get one jab in and then get out of there lol.

Crystal Sage was stupidly easy but I was blatantly over levelled.. I'm fighting the Pontiff now and this seems like it'll be a tough one. Only tried twice but his second stage rinses me.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

LieutenantFatman

How's everyone tackling the bosses, solo, co-op or a mix? I've done a mix. Never gone in with a team of 4 though, seems way too many unless you are massively struggling with a boss. I think 2 people is often the sweet spot for the most fun.

Been constantly doing invasions the last few days around the pontiff boss area. Can be very entertaining chasing people down for a final battle. Quite often I'm outnumbered but can make for a really fun challenge.

LieutenantFatman

mrobinson91

@LieutenantFatman: I've done about 3 or 4 solo and the rest (8ish) with 2 or 3 people. I really enjoy 2 player boss battles...3 feels a bit crowded sometimes. In subsequent playthoughs I'd like to try and solo each boss at least once.

I actually "accidentally" killed Ancient Wyvern last night...didn't realise I'd walked into a boss and tried running away...it ended up working!

I AM SIEGMEYER OF CATARINA AND YOU SHALL FEEL MY WRATH!

PSN: mrobinson91 | Twitter:

kyleforrester87

Just solo on the bosses, the first time anyway. It doesn't really seem right doing them with help! I like being summoned to help by others afterwards, though.

kyleforrester87

Mega-Gazz

Ya I solo them generally.

@kyleforrester87: pontiff's second phase is rough, but the key is the clone. It has very few hit points and is vulnerable during the summon. So when he starts summoning walk over to him but don't attack yet to save stamina and when the clone appears unload on him. You'll hit both boss and clone and nearly kill the clone. Once the clone dies it almost becomes phase 1.

Mega-Gazz

Hego

@LieutenantFatman: I've had a mix, solo'd a few, had help with others (usually 1), I like to try a boss solo a few times before summoning although twice I summoned someone earlier in an area for company but didn't want to banish them when I reached a boss, seemed unfair for all their hard work!

Hego

PSN: Duke-of-Styria

kyleforrester87

I've just done a chunk of Irithyll Dungeon, quite liking this area. Glad I have a decent bow as those HP sapping jailers can give you some trouble!

kyleforrester87

mrobinson91

I feel it's frowned upon to summon for bosses...but I find it really enjoyable, especially if I'm struggling. For most bosses I'll have a few goes myself but if my friend is on I enjoy running through with him. It really is a great game coop or solo.

So I've got 3 bosses left and I'm a bit scared to start on them as I imagine they're going to be very hard. Loving the Grand Archives area at the moment...very well designed!

LieutenantFatman

@mrobinson91: That's the hardcore crowd who frown, I say do whatever makes it the most fun for you. I'm in the same area as you. Close to the next boss now I think. Going to try and clean up anything I can before the last boss fight happens.

LieutenantFatman

kyleforrester87

I just don't get much satisfaction from smashing down a boss with someone else - its not that I'd say I'm good at the game I'd just rather try 50 times and destroy 3 controllers to enjoy the feeling of finally doing it lol

kyleforrester87

mrobinson91

Yeah that's fair enough Kyle, I've got a lot of friends who feel the same. In a perfect world I probably would solo them all...but always NG+ etc for that

@LieutenantFatman: talking about Hardcore Crowd...there is a ring somewhere called Calamity Ring that double the damage you get dealt?!?!?!

kyleforrester87

Just beat Yhorm, picked up the sword and he killed me soon after. Won't lie I figured it had something to do with the sword so looked up how to use it online then battered him with it in 4 hits lol

kyleforrester87

andreoni79

I left home last Sunday and I'll be out of town on work for many weeks. Things I'm already missing are: my dogs, my bed and my pyromancer...

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

Hego

Could anyone tell me how far I am in the game? I just beat Pontiff Sylvahn and I want to explore every area and defeat every boss. Am I halfway through?

Hego

mrobinson91

@Hego: Obvsiously depends how much you explore etc but I'd say just under half way. I probably did the second half quicker because I didn't explore as much. I also missed out one optional boss who shall remain "nameless" in case of spoilers.

I've just started my NG+ run!

Hego

@mrobinson91: Cheers, ya I'm trying to explore everything I can in my first run before using a guide on my second and thanks for avoiding spoilers!

Hego

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.