Forums

Topic: Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 - OT

Posts 121 to 140 of 193

Tasuki

@iDangerMouse_: For the life of me I just can't get into Zombies. I don't know why but for me it's just meh. I think it has something to do with being only able to go to certain area and having to unlock others.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Tasuki

My gosh, I will have to say Black Ops 3 has some of the worst match making in a game I have ever seen. I am not sure how they determine who goes into what group in Public Matches but this week, I have been in nothing but one sided matches and usually the losing side. I am not talking a close game, but getting completely blown out of the water like scores of 200 to 56 for example in Domination or 100 to 30 in Kill Confirmed. Also I am not sure but are there hacks in this game. I have been in a few matches where the other team constantly spams score streaks and I am not talking UAVs, I am talking Wraiths and RAPS and high level in a short amount of time, how is that possible???

Activision seriously needs to address these issues.

My Backlog

BAMozzy

@Tasuki: Its not too difficult to get Wraiths and RAPS early on - especially in Objective modes and there is a Perk that always gives you a head start. As for the Match-making, I have noticed it can be like that at times. Maybe you are just running into a few parties instead of just randoms which will always be kept together meaning you end up with what's left and the disadvantage of the lack of communication and co-ordination...

Double weapon XP this weekend...

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

Tasuki

@BAMozzy: I guess that makes sense about the parties. I have noticed that a few of them are really well coordinated like breaking up into groups of two or three and locking down certain points where we can't even make a move. A few groups I get into just don't talk at all and others OMG I have to mute myself cause they are kids screaming and cussing up a storm when things don't go right. I even got into one group that guys were talking nothing about the game at all just running around like chickens with there heads cut off. So annoying.

Is it weapons or normal double XP this weekend?

My Backlog

BAMozzy

@Tasuki: You can tell if they are in parties on the lobby screen. The bar on the far right after their name is thicker and links all those in the party together. Its Double Weapon XP this weekend - chance to prestige a few weapons and/or unlock a few new attachments...

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

Tasuki

Darn was hoping for normal XP as prestige weapons don't matter much to me. I pretty much have all the attachments I want on the guns I use the most. Ah well free XP is free XP.

My Backlog

BAMozzy

@Tasuki: I want to prestige a few weapons to unlock the ability to put the kill counter on them. I need to unlock a few attachments to make the five attachment and sight camo attachments 'possible' in some cases and bearable in others so the double XP is helpful. Admittedly Double XP is better but I would rather have Double cryptokeys at the moment.

Tasuki

@BAMozzy: I have to ask you this man, but are you getting dc's on Combine? Lately, like the past few days everytime at some point I get DC while doing Combine and only combine. No other map or part of the game DC'S me.

My Backlog

BAMozzy

Personally I don't play Combine. Every time that Map looks like its going to be voted in, I back out of the lobby, wait a few seconds or so and then try and find a different Lobby. I mainly play Hardcore and that combined with the frequency it used to crop up and get locked in, I have had enough of it so avoid it.

Tasuki

@BAMozzy: Ah ok that makes sense. I do understand what you mean, my son is the same way lol. I don't know I enjoy combine it's definitely in my top 5 favorite maps. I just though I ask since everyone I know owns it on Xbox One and I figure that this more then likely is a problem on PS4.

I am starting to get a bit annoyed with the melee weapons especially the wrench, brass knuckles and crowbar. What I don't get is why can people kill me in one hit in the face with them yet when I use the butt of an AR or LMG it takes two? Kinda feels off balance.

My Backlog

BAMozzy

@Tasuki: Its not just the melee weapons like those found in 'supply drops' as these are effectively just a skin for the 'combat knife' Traditional CoD games had a 1 hit melee regardless and that led to 'panic knifing'. This is 'frustrating' if you get 1-2 hits from a gun (not shotgun) and get panic knifed and die. BO3's way of dealing with this was to make an equipable melee weapon (for those that like to run around and do 'knife only' game-plays but also means that they have to get close and use a point from their class build. It also means they can't 'panic knife' but have to have that weapon in their hands.
If you don't equip a melee weapon, you can still get 1-hit kills but have to do that from behind. Hitting someone with the butt of your gun isn't likely to kill but it does stun a bit and knock them back. I agree that the blunt objects are similar in essence but because these are just skins of the combat knife, take-up a point from your create-a-class and you have to specifically select it meaning you have to prepare and get close to use it, unlike a weapon which you can use at any range, its a one-hit kill. You can combat these players (if you see them or know they are there by hip-firing and running backwards so they can't hit you - that's the trade-off to using a one-hit melee weapon and why its not really unbalanced.

Combine is OK I guess and I didn't mind it that much but it gets too much over and over and over again. Because its probably the smallest, its also the most intense and can be very frustrating in Hardcore. I don't mind playing it once in awhile for a change of pace but with so many just running around with Shotguns - 1 hit kills beyond some SMGs in Hardcore, it can get ridiculous. Sometimes you don't even get a chance to spawn in because its so small and die instantly.

Tasuki

@BAMozzy: Yeah I know there are a reskin of the combat knife at times I have gotten face to face with them and have died when they hit me once and I had to hit them twice. Just frustrating that's all.

Yeah I can see that too about Combine, and I don't play hardcore (I am not that good lol) but yeah I have had instances like that as well. My biggest problem with Combine is the Spawn flips. A few times I spawn in at "A" point for example only to have two opponents spawn right behind me and gun me down.

My Backlog

Tasuki

So I almost got all of Battery's gear unlocked just need to do the kills while Kinetic Armor is active which sounds easy but isn't. Every time I use it either I can't find anyone to kill or, I get sniped in the head, or blown up. Tried doing it in Kill Confirmed and Domination and have no luck. My son meanwhile got all of Ripper gear unlocked.

My Backlog

Tasuki

So apparently today's update has made Nuk3town available to everyone now as well as made it part of the rotation now.

Edited on by Tasuki

My Backlog

BAMozzy

@Tasuki: I noticed that - at least I may end up playing it now. I won't be voting for it and if it crops up as often as combine did, I will be leaving lobbies. I thought it was OK in Black Ops, got a bit fed up of it on Black Ops 2 (although the Zombies version was 'fun') and bored of it now in BO3. Problem with 'old' maps is that all the 'bad' game-play tactics come out - they play like the 'old' maps.

Tasuki

@BAMozzy: Lol I understand what you mean but for me I didn't play much MP on Black Op 1 or 2. Although I did play 2 a few weeks ago and did get a few rounds of Hijack and pretty much I did what I did in Skyjack and did pretty well, so I can see where you're coming from.

In another bit of info I recent switched from core to hardcore and found that I enjoy it a whole lot more. For one thing it seems people tend to slow down a bit and not run around so carelessly. Maybe it's cause of the less health but I am not sure. Also I like the feel of the guns alot more in hardcore, but that just might be me. Just wish hard point was hardcore but oh well.

My Backlog

BAMozzy

I play Hardcore all the time. I much prefer the time to kill and rewards accuracy. You never get the first shots in and lose the gunfight in Hardcore - well not often. All guns kill in 1-2 shots and the lack of HuD makes you rely on eyesight, hearing etc.
TDM can be a bit more 'campy' because of the lack of a map. You are unlikely to get Hardpoint in Hardcore because of the nature of the mode. It could be impossible to hold onto some points and others you may never get to because of the low health. Domination is difficult enough to capture points but at least the team are more spread out between defending and attacking rather than focussed on one single 'hardpoint'.

Tasuki

@BAMozzy: Lol that makes sense with Hard Point. I have yet to play Domination in Hard Core, I have been stuck on Kill Confirmed. I actually prefer the lack of a HuD as even when I played GoldenEye and such back in the day I never made much use of the map. Usually, I just memorize the layouts and keep my eyes open. Also I don't know if it's me, but it seems that you get more XP in hardcore then core.

My Backlog

BAMozzy

@iDangerMouse_: I am totally up for that...

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.