Forums

Topic: Bloodborne Tavern: Impressions, Help, Discussion Board

Posts 381 to 400 of 634

Kidfried

I beat it! Thanks everyone for the support. What an amazing game. I actually thought the final three bosses (secret ending) were the most fun bosses in the game.

All in all one of my PS4 favorites, so I'm glad I pushed through.

Kidfried

Th3solution

@Kidfried Congrats on beating it! I haven’t played BB or anything much for a while. A couple days ago I played a short session and I think I finally got through the Forbidden Woods and am close to the boss I think (I found the 2nd shortcut back to the lantern so I should be close). I’m having a few personal real life issues and so my gaming as a whole has suffered.
Eventually I will get things together and get back into it. It’s good to hear the game seems to continue to get better and better. I’ve liked the Forbidden Woods but in a way, it has been a stumbling block for me. Not so much because the enemies are hard but because the map is complex. But honestly the game isn’t the main issue lately, real life is.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Kidfried

@Th3solution Real life can be just as difficult as a Bloodborne boss. Life has been getting into my way too this year. Though with me it's been more the other way around, as I've been playing more these last few months.

I found the Lost Woods map difficult and confusing as well. I haven't revisited it ever since finding the shortcut. I don't think there's anything there to go back to later on either. I used the shortcut enemies a lot to grind, by the way.

Whatever's been bugging you lately, good luck. Never feel obliged to play a game, and I'm not trying to put anymore pressure either by asking. Take it easy, buddy.

Kidfried

Th3solution

@Kidfried Thanks. You’re fine. I’m actually craving getting back into Yharnam. If I can slay a few real world bosses today, hopefully I’ll be back at it this weekend. Bloodborne has taught me to keep getting up after each time I fail!

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

@Kidfried Well done! I think this might entice me to play the dlc and finally finish the game off.

@Th3solution Hope you sort out you real life stuff out. I find games can be a great medicne for real life stresses.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Kidfried

@JohnnyShoulder Didn't finish the DLC yet? It's quite straight forward, but those bosses can be mighty difficult. After the DLC, the main game felt like a walk in the park.

Kidfried

Kidfried

@NecuVise @Gremio108 @JohnnyShoulder I love the chalice dungeons so far! I've not done a lot of them, but I love some of the new enemies they throw at you. I fear the defiled one, though... :')

Kidfried

Gremio108

@Kidfried We've built it up too much now, you'll probably breeze through it!

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

JohnnyShoulder

@Kidfried I've only just started the dlc, literally at the lamp. Will probs start it after God of War.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Kidfried

Wow, the framerate in the chalice dungeons is a mess.

Kidfried

Kidfried

^ Luckily, only two layers of them so far. Aside from that, I'm having a loooooot of fun with the chalice dungeons. Honestly, even more than some parts of the campaign.

Kidfried

Jaz007

I’ve got a friend who wants to co-op sometime so I decided to dust it off in order to not embarrass myself. I think I’m getting sucked back in. I just defeated Rom the Spider and am wondering the heck is going on now. But I’m glad that I deciders try it out, I needed a little bit getting back into the groove. Dangerous game it is.

Jaz007

Jaz007

Ahh, Nightmare Frontier makes me want to kill someone. I almost beat the boss on the first try, but then couldn’t seem to deal damage when it had 1 left to go it looked like... should’ve been a little more aggressive instead of trying to use those healing vials.

Edited on by Jaz007

Jaz007

NecuVise

@Jaz007 I hated that area but found the boss to be easy. I remember the first time I got to the boss I forgot to unlock a shortcut and I died, so I had to trudge all the way around to it. I remember coming later to it to find an item there and I was so overpowered that I couldn't believe it was so easy to kill all of them.
@Kidfried I'm glad you enjoy them

NecuVise

JohnnyShoulder

You could say that area was a... nightmare... * ba-dum-tshh *

I'm the same as @NecuVise and found the boss more annoying than difficult. Quite a lot of cool lore attached to him though.

@Jaz007 When you beat Rom that is a total head f moment. Absolutely blew my mind.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Kidfried

I'm going to face the boss from the Nightmare Frontier soon for a second time, in the chalice dungeon. I'm already praying I'm going to make it. So far I love the fact that you only have half of your health. The dungeon so far is balanced to make up for it.

Kidfried

Kidfried

@Jaz007 My advice would be to be even less aggressive maybe. I made my way through that boss fight like a robot, doing the exact same thing every time and getting just one or two hits in between. Until he went down, that is.

When he/she is about to jump up, you should be at the location where is head or tail is (I forgot right now, sorry) and when he lands you won't get hurt and be at the right place to hit the beast.

You're going to make it!

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

Kidfried

@Kyroki So is it the most difficult one of the game?

Kidfried

NecuVise

Defiled Amygdala is difficult not because of its mechanic or anything but because your HP is halved. I struggled so much with it and hated the game because of it. I still think it's one of the worst game designs I've seen to date to halve player's HP in an RPG game. It just goes against the very nature of RPG games.

Anyway, there is a very cheap way to defeat that boss. I'll let you @Kidfried to discover it

NecuVise

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic