Forums

Topic: Bloodborne Tavern: Impressions, Help, Discussion Board

Posts 241 to 260 of 634

kyleforrester87

@Th3solution it could be good to watch a YouTube video of someone hammering him. When you actually see it can be done with your own eyes you realise it's not impossible lol

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Th3solution

@kyleforrester87 Yes, I did watch some and read some techniques, including on this site. But it was after many trial and error attempts and my fatigue had become a liability by that point. Like I say, amazingly I did best on my first attempt and I think that had to do with being fresh.
All I can say is, thank goodness for the elevator short cut.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

kyleforrester87

@Th3solution hmmm if you mean your journey back to him each time you die, isn't there a lantern just to the right, instead of going left where you go into the graveyard? To be honest it's been years since I played it now so can't really remember.

A break will help though, you'll come back and beat him first time I bet

Edit: nah I just checked, there isn't a lantern there afterall.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

NecuVise

@Th3solution for his last phase I used the axe in its extended form, run in circles round that big gravestone in the corner, charge my axe just in time to hit him and then run again. It takes time, it's not the best tactic but it worked for me.
And for many bosses my first attempt was the easiest one, as I would overthink it later on.

NecuVise

Rudy_Manchego

@Th3solution It's weird, I beat Gasgoine first time on my first and second playthrough, tried him again on my third and got completely hammered multiple times!!!! You are completely right about doing them fresh. I tend to play late at night and I have to stop doing bosses too late because I get tired and then my adrenaline gets up just before I try and sleep!

I find that the lock on works quite well as I can side step out of his way when he charges. I tend to go up the stairs at the start of the fight then move down them when a werewolf. I ignored the music box because of the time to get it to work. I tend to side step and side step until I see a good opening (ooer).

Good luck, the two first bosses are very much a training ground for the types of enemies and bosses you'll encounter (beasts and hunters).

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Th3solution

@kyleforrester87 @NecuVise Yeah, I think the first time you’re fresh and also more cautious, holding back and observing attack patterns, etc and so you tend to take your shots more wisely. Afterward, it’s a combination of frustration that makes you impatient to just get to the end of the fight where you left off, as well as overconfidence from having got there before. This game really plays on your psyche.
I’m using the Saw Cleaver. I have the Kirkhammer too, which I actually don’t like as much due to its slowness in the hammer form, and the two handed nature of it obviates the gun stagger mechanic which is apparently key with Gascoigne.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

I've lost count the amount of times I've come really close to defeating a boss only for the next dozen or so attempts not to come even close!

And yeah taking em on when your tired is a big no no.

Sometimes if a particular boss is giving me grief I have have a couple days break from the game. Sometimes that is all you need. And to git gud lol

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

NecuVise

@Th3solution I just tired father Gascoigne and I almost killed him on my first try, was shirt just a few hits but my greed prevailed and I died he died the second time though, so this game is A LOT easier on new game plus, even though I have 43 insights, but all those stats and weapons at lvk10 and 9 help immensely.

So anyway, it's possible to beat him. The hardest boss for me was bloodstarved beast, so I'm looking forward to that fight to see how though he is now.

NecuVise

NecuVise

I have beaten the bloodstarved beast in my first try. Man, how much does it help to be familiar with the attack patterns. It's so easier on New game plus to the point where I don't find the game challenging and I think I won't play it anymore. Maybe when I get the itch for bloodborne,,bur for now I'm good.

NecuVise

JohnnyShoulder

@NecuVise Have you tried the chalice dungeons and the dlc? Some of the bosses in those are supposed to me some of the hardest known to mankind lol.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

NecuVise

@JohnnyShoulder I have done all the necessary dungeons for platinum and have completed the DLC, which was very fun but I didn't actually found the bosses to be that though. Maybe I got lucky or I was overleveled for it, who knows. I did Orphan of Kos in my second attempt and only later did I realize that people struggled with him so much. Ludwig wasn't that hard either. The DLC was fun indeed, but a little short. Mary was the most fun because of her agility.

NecuVise

Th3solution

Ok, so I took a two day hiatus from Bloodborne (not that I was necessarily trying to, but life just got in the way) and sure enough, I was able to down Father Gascoigne by my third attempt tonight! Yay, me! Sorry for the constant public grandstanding with each tiny accomplishment in a game that most people have long since completed multiple times, but I feel like I should shout it from the rooftops!!
Ĩ ßĔÁŤ ŦÁŤĤĔŔ ĞÁŚČŐĨĞŃĔ!
Okay, that’s enough. I know I’m acting like a child who pounds his chest for finishing fifth in the class spelling bee, but I just have to gloat for a minute.
The technique I tried was running up the stairs from the very beginning, and fighting all 3 phases on the more open platform there. A lot of my deaths were the result of not poorly timed dodges, but getting stuck in a corner by graves or debris. The fight was more fair out in the open. It was still tough though.

As a side note, for those who might be early game and struggle with the two werewolves on the bridge, I found an easy way to defeat them, if you’re interested .... (look away if you’re a Bloodborne purist who doesn’t want any ‘cheats’) ...
The two werewolves are super tough, even after I’ve been leveled up. But if you run past them, get their attention, they will usually follow you and you can run into the house down the stairs to the left and they will get stuck in the door and remain there swiping after you and are easy fodder for you to peck away at from a distance inside the room. Each gives about 300+ souls so it’s a nice easy way to grind early on.

NecuVise

The camera is your worst enemy in this game and you will die numerous times because of it.

Congratulations

NecuVise

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution Well done dude! Having a break doesn't work everytime mind you...

Was going to mention that about the werewolves but sometimes it's good to find out this stuff for yourself.

You will find this areas which are good for blood echoe farming. Especially as you become more powerful. Bear in mind though that the higher level you are the less echoes you will recieve. So there is a bit of a pay off from going into area at a higher level.

Th3solution

@NecuVise @JohnnyShoulder Thanks! Yeah, using lock on helps with the camera sometimes, but not if you get pinned in a corner with a beast on top of you.
Oh yeah, I forgot — the other technique I used was taking off my headphones that I wear and just played the boss fight with no sound. I found that the audio was distracting me. The screeches and howls and grunts are so disturbingly grating on the senses, it was fueling my anxiety and fear. Obviously this is a technique of the game which makes it so immersive and such an excellent experience, but it added to the adrenaline rush which made me too hasty in my decisions. The audio cues can be helpful when exploring to know when there is an enemy around the corner or coming up behind you, but when it’s one-on-one vs the boss, it helped me concentrate to just watch the visual cues without sound and it wasn’t so terrifying! Not sure if anyone else tried this before.

And I didn’t realize the amount of blood echoes you can farm decreases based on your level. Of course I realize that the higher the level, the more echoes it takes per level-up. Is the amount of blood echoes you get per kill dependent on your overall level or the amount of insight you carry? I do recall people have said that the game is more difficult the more insight you have.

Edited on by Th3solution

NecuVise

The amount of blood echoes you get is dependent on your opponents. Some of them give you more and some of them less. You will find some good farming areas and some not so good. IIRC the forbidden woods is a good farming area but you will eventually figure it out.
BTW for your next area don't go to the old yharnam. I went there after father Gascoigne and I was destroyed, humiliated and crushed so many times. It took me without lying at least 5 but maybe even 10 hours to defeat that area's boss. Later I realized that this area is optional so I should have come later when I leveled a bit.

NecuVise

Th3solution

@NecuVise Thanks man. After Gascoigne I just went back to do a little more grinding in the early areas before moving on. I think I’ve explored it to bits. The other good thing about farming by defeating the two werewolves on the old bridge is that not only do they drop a good number of echoes but every once in a while, maybe one out of five, they drop a shard.
I will try to beat that brute in the optional back alleyway in the first area which I haven’t been able to beat yet, but I haven’t tried in a while.
Good to know that I should avoid Old Yharnam. This game is so huge and the map so complex.

NecuVise

The map and all the possibilities in it is one if my favorite things in this game. The place you see now in the distance is the place where you'll be standing in a few hours. And all those shortcuts, different paths it's just so satisfying and that's what I missed in dark souls 2 scholar of the first sin so much.

NecuVise

Gremio108

@Th3solution Congrats on Gascoigne. You should be able to rinse that back alley brute now. Compared to Gascoigne he telegraphs his attacks ridiculously

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

Th3solution

So I am at the grand cathedral, right before Vicar Amelia. I have 3 options. Any advice? I think I’ll do the Hemwick area through the cave first, then maybe ready for Old Yharnam after that and then try Amelia last. I read she is pretty tough. I explored the area to the right of the cathedral and there are some extremely quick hunters there with electrified weapons and they were super hard and I couldn’t defeat them despite being level 38 right now and my saw cleaver +3. I was close to beating one but just couldn’t get the last hit in. Stupid enemy kept shooting me and I couldn’t dodge the wide shots. I hope that’s not indicative of the enemies in Hemwick.

Edited on by Th3solution

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic