Forums

Topic: Bloodborne Tavern: Impressions, Help, Discussion Board

Posts 181 to 200 of 634

Gremio108

@Kidfried I'm a big fan of lock-on, but I know some of the bosses definitely benefit from not using it.

As for the shooting, I didn't fully embrace it until my second playthrough. It's a powerful tool if you can master it, as others have said. But I reckon you'd get through fine without it. A pistol can be good for drawing a single enemy away from a bunch.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

JohnnyShoulder

@Gremio108 I found Pebbles more useful to drawing out enemies from the crowd. Using your gun can alert nearby enemies to ya.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Gremio108

Oh yeah, I forgot about the pebbles! Yeah @Kidfried don't listen to me, I'm trying to get you killed

Kidfried

Today @jorjk helped me out a bit in co-op too. Fought a boss together and he showed me some secrets I would have never found on my own. Good times.

Bloodborne is great, but the people playing it might be the best thing about it. I feel like anyone who touches this game is passionate about it; I noticed that on the forums and from some friends of mine as well. Once again thanks for all the advice, it has only improved my enjoyment of this game.

Kidfried

Jorjk

@Kidfried oh wow i loved it and am happy you enjoyed the session. I encourage everyone to reach out and play online.
If anyone needs assistance let me know.

I can talk for hours about TLOU and Bloodborne
PSN: jorjk

JohnnyShoulder

@Gremio108 Are you one of those bad people that leaves bad messages?

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Gremio108

@JohnnyShoulder if you see "try pistol" in front of a group of 500 enemies, you'll know it's me.

Th3solution

Welp, I finally got up the courage and time to try Bloodborne last night. I have been sort of anxious about it. Nervous because of my last experience with Dark Souls. I finally told myself to just have fun with it and don’t worry about the dying all the time and not having a clue how to play. I read and mentally prepped from the articles and comments on this thread. Aaaannnd.... my fire to obstacle was the “contract” at the beginning, not realizing that there was a fairly robust character creator. I tend to get obsessive about character creation, always wanting my protagonist to look just right, since I’ll be having to play him (or her) for the next 50+ hours. So after I was knee deep in an hour of tweaking body proportions and skin tones, I was unhappy with the guy and started over. Still determined to get my feet wet in Yarnham, I pressed on with my second attempt, and then .... the phone rang. An hour later I just knew I was too tired to get through the opening sequence so I aborted. 😓 I’m pretty sure I’m the most pathetic gamer in the world.
But afterward I frolicked around in Hekseville with Kat for an hour and felt better about myself.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

NecuVise

@Th3solution You shouldn't really care how your character looks in bloodborne since there aren't conversations nor cutscenes, and your character will have all kinds of armor that will only show your face and maybe hair. It really isn't that important in bloodborne, so just move past it and play.

NecuVise

Th3solution

@NecuVise Lol, Yeah I think I need therapy to get past my inexplicable desire to get the character right 😅 I figured that you really don’t ever see your character’s face much and with all the clothing, hat, and the dark atmosphere it seems like even the difference between a burly character or a very thin one won’t really show up much during gameplay. That’s why I was surprised when I started the game to have so many options.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Kidfried

The creator is surely more comprehensive than need be. If they wouldn't let you choose I'd be totally fine.

I am pretty happy about my character's looks, though. So often when I'm in the dream, I open up my stats just to look at my oh so beautiful face. Only problem? My character is way too good looking for the rotten world of Bloodborne. I should've made her look less like a model.

Kidfried

starhops

@Kidfried Haha! I did the same. But I always spend time creating a character I like. I disagree on just making something then rushing into the game like @NecuVise says, so @Th3solution create away and connect away! I think it makes a more rewarding experience. The more time I spend creating the character, the more I feel connected to them in the story. I think I posted a pic on the PushSquare Communities page of my Bloodborne character all decked out. She's in her NG+ Old Hunters stuff.

I do that for all my RPG characters given the choice. My MH:World has a big scar running down her face on one side. Of course, she still looks amazing! haha!

After you take out a bunch of enemies in Bloodborne, take off your head gear and you usually have bloody outlines on your face. EEP! Usually not looking your most modelesque!

starhops

PSN: starhops

JohnnyShoulder

I love how blood gets splattered everywhere and stains your armour.

And in Bloodborne lol.

Th3solution

Ok, so I finally got some playtime with this game. So far I think I enjoy it. The game is tricky to lull you into false sense of security and then overwhelm you quickly. I’m still just trying to get through the opening area, and I’ll get comfortable with things and then just do something stupid, usually just be over aggressive and then die. It’s going better than I anticipated, but I’m still not sure if it’s for me. I’ll give it more time.

JohnnyShoulder

Yeah stick with it, you won't regret it. You don't hear of many people that these games click with straight away.

I spent ages in that starting area. I was almost scared to leave and to come out of my comfort zone. You are right, these games do punish you when you get a bit cocky or careless. I think that is part of the appeal though, that you have to put a bit effort in to get something back. But the sense of achievement you get is unrivalled when you overcome a section or enemy that has been spanking you.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

Hmmm ... okay, having played the same section now about 15 times, I think I’m done with this for now. A save point every now and then would be nice, but apparently lanterns are few and far between. I can’t seem to get to a second one to save any kind of progress. The stupid two dog beast things on the bridge kill me over and over. Respawn waaaay back at the opening part —- wash, rinse, repeat. Going back through those 50 guys around the campfire for a 15th time on the off chance I can make it past the wolf beasties, and maaaaaybe there will be a save lantern there?! If i knew for sure I might go on, but for now, I have to quit. I’ve put 3.5 hours into this game and I’m still at the opening save point. I have defeated hundreds of enemies and when/if I ever boot this up again next time, I will be starting from square one again. 😫 I’m not sure how I feel about this. Game has such potential, but I feel like I’m treading water here. Whatever fun it has been learning the battle system is negated by the feeling like I am not seeing any progress or reward for my efforts. Oy.... I need to play something chill for a while. Lol.

Kidfried

@Th3solution I spent hours in the opening area of the game. I felt like a real newbie. But as time went on I got very comfortable there. Even after beating the first boss I stayed, grinding away.

I think it's part of the game's learning curve. Don't stress it. Not everything about it is fun either, but the game gets better along the way and it's so satisfying.

Hope you don't give up, and I'd love to play some cool too.

Kidfried

Th3solution

@KratosMD Oh, that sounds reasonable. Not quite as good as a save point, but acceptable. Alright, I might try that later. I’m Bloodborned out at the moment. Already put in Persona 5 for now.

Gremio108

@Th3solution An irrational fear of dogs on bridges is just one of the many permanent scars Bloodborne will leave you with. A few months ago I encountered a poodle on Tower Bridge and I almost took my chances with the water.

Keep going. Kill some of the enemies you're familiar with, the ones you know you've definitely got the beating of, until you've got enough to level up a couple more times. Just two or three levels will make the dogs fight that bit easier.

Kidfried

Also: I used molotovs to get past the wolfs on the bridge the first time. I think I threw the first one at both of them, then another one to kill one of them. Then there was only one left with half heart, which is at least more doable.

You could also try just rolling past them, entering the house on your left and then opening the shortcut, so you never have to face them again.

Personally, I think placing their placement on the bridge kinda ruins the section's otherwise great balance.

Again: after you pass them the game gets better and you will make a lot more progress. Hope you find the courage to try again.

Kidfried

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic