Forums

Topic: Bloodborne Tavern: Impressions, Help, Discussion Board

Posts 161 to 180 of 634

Kidfried

@JohnnyShoulder @kyleforrester87 @starhops You defending the no-pause is like me when I talk with friends about Metal Gear and defend every aspect of it. I get where you're all coming from.

Me, I've been suffering from quite a nasty pneumonia for the last few months, which means I have to cough suddenly and sometimes for 30 seconds straight. It just feels lame to lose my progress over and over because of it instead of bad reflexes or pattern memorizing.

Kidfried

Kidfried

@kyleforrester87 Obviously. I should make "Git gud" postcards and send them out whenever someone is sick.

That sentence is kinda motivational and full of despair at the same time.

Kidfried

Jaz007

@Kidfried I suppose we know what happens when the main character is sick when he gets sucked into it then. I feel you on that, though I think overall it’s a good idea. I like, wasn’t happy with it at first though. It beckons a good thing what’s at first bad with Bloodborne.

Jaz007

Kidfried

@Jaz007 I'll grind my way through it.

It's like the Last Guardian, maybe? Trico can be a pain in your behind, but I might have felt totally different about the game if he wasn't.

Also, don't take my criticism as mean spirited in any way. I can't wait until Im able play this game again.

Kidfried

starhops

@Kidfried If you're coughing up blood, you fit right in. "We are born of the blood, made women (in my case) by the blood, undone by the blood"

starhops

PSN: starhops

JohnnyShoulder

Ha ha that's right @Kidfried totally getting into character. That is taking it to whole new level though! As long as in the real world you don't start killing woman priests cos you think they have turned into werewolf. Cos that would be wrong.

I think. 😬

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

@Kidfried Are you sure it’s not just that you’re allergic to Bloodborne? 😜

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Rudy_Manchego

So downloaded the PS Plus version and bought the Old Hunters DLC to replace my US copy. Of course, now I have found out that saves are also locked to region. So looks like I need to play the game again from scratch. Which, I am kinda happy about! Yarnham here I come.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Kidfried

@starhops @JohnnyShoulder @kyleforrester87 @Jaz007 @Gremio108 Thanks for all the advice, helping me out and encouragement. I felt really lost at first in this game, but that feels like a long time ago now.

The game clicked with me over the weekend and now feel comfortable running through the levels. Annoyances like camera and off hitbox detection are still there, but like you all said they become really minor annoyances once you know the patterns and get comfortable with controls.

Just a simple question. There's two things I'm still a bit curious about:

• I hardly ever shoot. Is it something I should make part of my routine or is it well possible I'll complete the game hardly ever firing a shot.
  • The lock on. Do you think it benefits to often use it? I hardly ever do, as I feel against groups of enemies it's terrible, and against stronger enemies, it makes it more difficult to dodge. Again: is it something I should invest in getting better at?

Kidfried

kyleforrester87

@Kidfried I hardly ever ever used the gun either and beat the game no problem. Other people it seems got good with it.

As for lock on, generally it's best not to use it, in my opinion. Having said that it is worth using periodically as you fight to realign yourself, but only for a second before disabling again. It's far easier to jump in and out of the way without being locked on. That's what I found, anyway. I think a lot of people play the same way.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

JohnnyShoulder

@Kidfried No worries chicken.

Glad it has clicked with you.

Shooting you can probably get away with not doing it so much early doors, later on not so much. It was ok not do parrying in the souls games as there is more mechanics in play than in Bloodborne. It will be handy for some of the bosses to.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

JohnnyShoulder

Yeah the lock on can be tricky with faster enemies or groups. I think you can flick between different enemies by flicking the right stick.

Also when locked-on to enemy you can use the left stick and will step in the inputed direction
When not locked-on to enemy: use left stick and will roll in the inputed direction.

Jaz007

@Kidfried I didnt use the gun much either, so I would think you’ll be fine, but I always felt like I was wasting a resource. I didn’t beat with we though. I played it very slowly using a lot of co-op and stuff. I did play for 55 hours though. I would say give it some light practice on occasion when you’re not risking much.
I liked to lock-on, but it sounds like it one of those things that depends on the person.

And I know right! It feels like a past-self or something lol.

Jaz007

Rudy_Manchego

@Kidfried For the shooty bang bang, it isn't essential but in some encounters, parrying will really save you a lot of time. However, that comes down more to learning baddies/animations. I found the big troll things were an easy parry for example.

As for locking on, I tended to use it on a few bosses where the side stepping helped (Cleric Beast for example) and also when dealing with NPC hunters, particularly the more difficult ones later on in the game) because you can side step those beggars. However, I found with most big bosses, if I locked on I just ended up getting twonked more.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

starhops

@Rudy_Manchego I had to restart from scratch back when the DLC was released. I was one of the lucky rare people that had their saved bugged and wouldn't trigger the DLC. I didn't mind starting from scratch either!

@Kidfried As for using the gun for creating parrys, it can be a REALLY powerful tool--almost OP at times, if you have the timing/tells down. Later, you can get items that increase the damage/blood echoes of the eviscerates and this helps in boss fights and farming respectively. There are a couple boss fights that can be all parrys and eviscerates and over really quickly. It's a skill / play-style worth considering, but not necessary! But, WOW! It can be really powerful: Shoot at the proper moment (hear the "magic tone"), dash in, eviscerate (you are invincible during the animation) rinse, repeat. No worries if you run out of bullets as you can make your own out of your own blood (with a small cost of blood). But it can be a pain farming bullets at the early stages while practicing.

If you ever want some help, send a out a friend request. PSN is same as PushSquare: starhops
Though it's been awhile since I've delved into Yharnam, but I'm sure it would come back to me.

starhops

JohnnyShoulder

Awww yeah the v attacks in this are sooooo satisfying to pull off. Especially against an enemy that has been giving you grief.

I can't remember are there back stabs in this?

Also engaging the Transformation of your weapon when you are attacking is well cool. Press L1 while attacking, rolling or quickstepping to transform the right-hand weapon.

Kidfried

@JohnnyShoulder @KratosMD Wow, I'm hearing a lot of new things. I was making my way through the game just fine so far, but this sounds cool. I might combine practicing with grinding a bit!

So sad I have to wait til tomorrow to play this game again. 🤔

@starhops I saw your post on the PS community indeed. I will surely add you!

Kidfried

starhops

@JohnnyShoulder Yep, there is backstabbing! And yeah, you can do combo moves with the weapon transformations. Some weapons will have big knock backs. This game has a lot under the hood especially with the different builds you can have.

starhops

NecuVise

@Kidfried I have recently platinumed bloodborne with barely using visceral attacks and many items I had in my inventory, so you can definitely do it without guns, but they help in some situations. For example, blood starved beast is really easy to parry with a gun. Do however you want and whatever you find fun - after all, it's just a game you play for fun.
Lock on is really helpful for some bosses and mobs but for some it's a big hinderence so find for yourself where it suits you and where not.

I still have this game installed so you can add me you need some help or if you want to beat it again after you best it the first time, I'll gladly play and help.

Ps. I'm not sure if you know but some enemies, even bosses, are weak to serrated weapons, namely beasts and some others (you can find more about this on wikis) so pay attention to that.

NecuVise

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic