Forums

Topic: Overwatch - OT

Posts 481 to 500 of 573

Tasuki

@Simon_Fitzgerald @booshy89 I don't think I got any of the event skins yet. I got a few dances and bunch of the player icons and sprays but no skins that I can think of now.

I agree about buying the loot boxes as long as they stay cosmetic I will support them, however if they end up going like CoD then that's the moment I stop supporting them.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Tasuki

Is it me or the last few days the groups have been total garbage. I don't know if it's new players, or kids that don't know what they are doing. I am finding that no one is doing the objective like even trying to move the payload instead they just run all map trying to kill everyone and everything even if it means going out of the way of the objective. Then on top of it I have players playing tanks and healers as DPS or I keep getting groups that everyone wants to play a DPS character and I am forced to play a tank.

I am all for giving people the choice of playing who they want but not when it compromises the enjoyment of the game for others. It's a team based shooter, KDR doesn't matter, it's not about what you want but what the team needs. People need to learn and understand this before playing this game.

Seriously Blizzard needs to start screening players and people who can't or won't play as a cohesive group, and start banning these players. If they just want to run around and kill everything that moves instead of do the objectIves there are a dozen games out there for that. Like CoD or Battlefield.

My Backlog

Mergatro1d

@Tasuki I've noticed a higher number of players not playing the objective, but then again that has happened pretty frequently throughout my whole time with the game. The most infuriating is when people don't head to the objective during overtime!

Having said that, how else are people supposed to learn the game before playing it? And I don't agree with banning people because they are ruining your enjoyment- I totally get that it is annoying but isn't it part and parcel of this type of game? Out of interest, do you tend to play quick play or competitively, and do you notice any difference between the two? I only play quick play because, well, I suck.

Mergatro1d

PSN: mergatro1d

MadchesterManc

How is Overwatch these days? The new characters any good? Haven't played since a free weekend was done a few months ago, got frustrated by Genji spam & a community that didn't understand the concept of PTFO so didn't pick the game up again. It's weird tho as I really enjoyed it during the first couple of months.

http://www.otakugamers.uk
https://twitter.com/OtakuGamersUK

"Love is a device invented by bank managers to make us overdrawn" AJ Rimmer

PSN: MadchesterManc | Twitter:

Tasuki

@Mergatro1d I play Quick match or the Arcade Mode matches mainly the special match at the time (this event its called Total Mayham) I don't play season mode because I don't have the time to put into a game to be that good. I might be competitive but I am more of a casual competitive if that makes sense. I play the game how it's meant to be played, Overwatch is a team base objective shooter, not CoD where it's get as many kills as you can.

I also understand that people are new to the game, but honestly after seeing the same stuff over and over every match you start to wonder. Not only that but it's not hard to understand what Overwatch is about, it's been advertised as a team based objective shooter, the videos, Blizzard shows on their site shows that its not about running around like a chicken with its head cut off killing everyone.

It would be like me for example playing a game of baseball with a team, and when I get up to bat just standing there and not even swinging at any pitches or when I am in the outfield getting the ball and just standing there letting run after run score. Now do you think the team is going to want me back? Nope they are going to boot me. There is a difference between not knowing and being ignorant and that's what it seems people are being.

Maybe banning is the wrong term, instead maybe they should track players and see who's doing the objectives and who isn't and the ones that aren't doing the objectives putn them all together in a seperate lobby where they can just run around like they do kinda like how they handle cheaters and hackers.

My Backlog

Mergatro1d

@Tasuki I completely agree with your points, but I still don't know how Blizzard could mitigate for players not playing in the spirit of the game. I wonder if it would even be possible to track players who run round like headless chickens? As annoying as it is, I tend to quit a match at the end of a game and hope for better luck with the next team I'm put with.

I would be up for banning anyone who plays as Mei and trolls their own team with her ice wall

Mergatro1d

Tasuki

Scratch that I am at the point now that unless they remove Mei from the game I am not going to play it.

My Backlog

Tasuki

Well the anniversary event ended and I didn't get the D.VA skin which was the one I really wanted. Instead I got freakin Mei which is ironic I guess considering how much I hate her.

Just a quick question does anyone know if at some point Blizzard will let us try to get these skins again? Like next year will we have another chance to get these skins. I really hope so cause I want that D.VA skin.

On a side note I did get to level 100 tonight.

My Backlog

Tasuki

@booshy89 You have no idea. Out of all the characters in the game I can say I truely hate her. I think the problem is that she doesn't have a counter like every one else. Once she freezes you you're screwed. And I am so tired of ice wall trolls too.

My Backlog

Mergatro1d

A new map has been announced- Horizon Lunar Colony- coming 20th June. There's an outside part with low gravity, which looks awesome. Can't wait!

Mergatro1d

Mergatro1d

@booshy89 Not sure, but what I saw didn't specify platforms so hopefully it'll be all of them at the same time

Mergatro1d

WanderingBullet

How does low gravity affect Competitive matches?

Huntin' monsters erryday.

Tasuki

The new update is live now on PS4, Xbox One and PC. This update brings the new Lunar Colony map and some changes to Roadhog, Reaper and McCree as well as made Oni Genji and Officer D.VA skins available in loot boxes if you weren't able to get them by playing Heroes of the Storm.

My Backlog

Tasuki

Played a bit of the new map and I have to say it's the worst map ever. If you are attacking there is no way you can win. If you are defending it's an instant win though.

My Backlog

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.