Forums

Topic: Black Friday 2017 PS4 Deals

Posts 21 to 33 of 33

Ralizah

Hopefully Black Friday in Sweden/UK isn't the disgraceful display of mindless, borderline psychotic consumerism that it is in the U.S.

People have actually been trampled to death!

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

WiiWareWave

Any noteworthy PS3/Vita deals? I kinda want to finish collecting PS3/Vita games for my collection before focusing on PS4 games since they'll probably start getting more rare and expensive in the not too distant future.

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

PSN: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

KidRyan

Reanfan7 wrote:

Any noteworthy PS3/Vita deals? I kinda want to finish collecting PS3/Vita games for my collection before focusing on PS4 games since they'll probably start getting more rare and expensive in the not too distant future.

I'd recommend just using Amazon/eBay for completing your PS3/Vita collection.

All of the stores are focusing on just PS4/XB1/3DS/Switch for BF 2017 sales.

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan

PSN: KidRyan89 | Twitter:

ArkhamKnerd

@Ralizah omg this kind of stuff gets me so angry. I worked at a Target for Black Friday and it was nuts. People getting angry at me because we were sold out of one of our doorbusters. Like ma'am we've literally been open for 10 hours..what did you expect? Two women asking me (at the same time) about a vacuum that wasn't on the shelf but showed we still had in stock. One said, "if you find it I get it because I asked first." Guess what...when I found it I gave it to the more polite woman. She told me I saved Christmas! Haha

Edited on by ArkhamKnerd

ArkhamKnerd

PSN: ArkhamKnerd

Tasuki

Anyone if anyone preferably online will be having a sale on the dual shock 4 controller??

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

ArkhamKnerd

@Tasuki From what I've seen, it looks like most major retailers (Best Buy, Target, Walmart, Gamestop) are selling them for $39.99.

ArkhamKnerd

Th3solution

If you like some of the deals on the PS store for games but prefer to buy physical rather than digital, on Nov 23-26 GameStop has equally good or better deals on some of the same titles. These are new game prices (not pre-owned) such as - FFXV for $20, HZD for $20, Dishonored 2 for $20, Destiny 2 for $27, Borderlands Handsome Coll for $15, The Last of Us Remastered for $10, GTA V for $30, Nier Automata for $25 (!), Yakuza 0 for $30, P5 for $30, Shadow of War for $25 (!), Evil W/in 2 for $25, Wolfenstein 2 for $25, and Injustice 2 for $14 (!).

I think you’ll find many of those are even better than the PS Store BF prices. (For example PS store has SOW for $36, Destiny 2 for $42, and Injustice 2 for $20)
I realize that many people will gladly pay an extra few dollars on principle alone because they despise GameStop. So I’m just reporting what I saw, don’t shoot the messenger.
But if you’re wanting, say, Shadow of War and Destiny 2, you could save $10-15 on each game in that case. You may be able to live with the Gamestop guilt for that kind of money

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

ArkhamKnerd

@Th3solution Gamestop will only get my money for Yakuza 0. Kind of worried though because last year I bought 2 games online brand new from them. One was still in the plastic wrap and the other looked like it came off a store shelf. It was covered in price stickers and only held shut with the tape that left a gross sticky residue all over the case when I took it off. I spent forever using nail polish remover to get it off the best I could. I was so mad. At least Best Buy, Target, and Walmart have similar deals.

ArkhamKnerd

Th3solution

@ArkhamKnerd Yeah, I hear ya. I have my issues with GameStop as well, but I put Walmart way lower on the corporate honor scale. Alas, even though I’d rather not, sometimes I end up spending money at Walmart just because they may be the only place that has an item or the cost is just too low to justify getting it elsewhere. It’s like that with GameStop and games. They just have the biggest selection and, in the case of some of these games this week, sometimes the best prices. (I mean look at some of those crazy low prices). It gets hard to pass up. I usually check out Best Buy and Target, but like you said, fat chance I’d be able to find a game like Yakuza, Nier, or Trails of Cold Steel. They’ll have plenty of FIFA, Madden, COD and a bunch of other mainstream stuff I’m too snooty to play 😉

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

TheLastOfIsh

I got 12 months PS Plus.

Because of the price increases that came in a few months ago, nice one, it still cost me more (£37.50) than I paid last year for it.

Edited on by Tasuki

TheLastOfIsh

KidRyan

My order with Fry's got canceled, so I'm going to have to wait for the next Nier Automata $25-$30 sale, oh well.

I'm hoping there will be another sale like this in Spring 2018, or maybe sooner during Christmas sales?

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan

PSN: KidRyan89 | Twitter:

Tasuki

Well since Black Friday and now Cyber Monday is over along with the deals this thread has seen its use. We will see you again next year.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.