Forums

Topic: The Legend of Heroes: Trails Discussion

Posts 101 to 118 of 118

Th3solution

@KratosMD I’m just at the beginning. I started it months ago and then got distracted and only now am back again. I’m at Chapter 1. The complex battle system is a little intimidating at first, but I think I’ll like it. There is a lot of depth to it. The characters also have a lot of good personality.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Th3solution

@KratosMD Yes, the beginning hours of most games, especially JRPGs are intimidating. And I’m a pretty seasoned JRPG player. I think I’m getting the hang of the orbment system. Some parts are familiar with the elemental basis and whatnot, but there is a depth to it that I’m sure I don’t fully grasp yet. I agree the physical spacing of characters and how that affects attacks, defense, and strategy is quite good. Is the second game basically the same combat engine?

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Th3solution

@TowaHerschel7 It’s tempting since there is cross-save functionality, which is a rare thing now with the death of the Vita. I’ll comsider it, as it might help me stick with the games (which I’m embarrassed to say I have not spent any time with recently) and play them in a pseudo Switch style of on the go when I want and on the TV when I want. I just hate to drop another $60 or whatever it will cost.

Kidfried

@TowaHerschel7 I might buy them, but... that would be my first time playing those titles. I completely missed out on the existence of that series until... well, this thread on the forums actually.

Kidfried

Th3solution

@Kidfried Yeah, the series seems to be a little under represented in the West. At least in the US, there’s no way you’re going to see it displayed prominently in a GameStop or Best Buy. When the PS4 versions hit, then it will probably pick up interest some and hopefully ToCS3 will get some love. There is definitely a market for JRPGs, albeit a small one but growing one. Persona 5 and FFXV did fine, but there is not enough marketing for ToCS to compete with those. Like you, I mainly picked them up because of this forum. Grabbed the physical copies of both games on Vita when I saw them.

WiiWareWave

@KratosMD Wow! Trails of Cold Steel II is a case where the music has a serious impact if you know Japanese! The song that plays when you and Crow team up in your Knights for battle against the Crimson Calamity, before Crow is gravely injured is called I'll Remember You! That's a pretty foreboding song that adds to the emotional impact of that battle.

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

PSN: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

Ryall

The Legend of Heroes: Kuro no Kiseki II Crimson Sin will release for PS4 and PS5 in Autumn 2022 in Japan.

Ryall

Areus

@Ryall And About 2025 For The Rest Of Us.

Edited on by Areus

Areus

Fight_Teza_Fight

Trails of Cold Steel 1 & 2 PS4 are heavily discounted on the PS store. I do own them on vita, but that’s long been retired.
I imagine I will like it as a massive Persona fan & this seems similar.
I’ve also not played the previous games (sky?) so would Trails of Cold Steel 1 be a good jumping in point?
Anyone got a quick rundown about what it’s about, mistakes to avoid, etc..?

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Ryall

Yes Trails of Cold Steel 1 is a good starting point. It’s an entirely new cast of characters in a new country. I had to look up the answer to one of the phantom thieves riddles. But other that it stands alone.

I wouldn’t worry about spoilers for 3 game are not available on a platforms you have access to.

In terms of trails from zero that game probably makes more sense to be played before cold steel 3. But it doesn’t really interact with the first two cold steel games so you might as well get those first, if they’re cheaper. @Fight_Teza_Fight

Ryall

Ryall

Kai no Kiseki is apparently going to be the next trail game after the two Daybreak games.

Ryall

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic