Forums

Topic: The Legend of Heroes: Trails Discussion

Posts 121 to 140 of 146

ReanSchwarzer7

Please don't lecture as what will look bad to visitors. Would you really like it if I came to your site and did that. I was just confused that's all. Next time you have a comment like that use the contact form. Consider this a warning. -Tasuki-

Edited on by Tasuki

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

Stats
Members: 340
Articles: 5,890
Reviews: 610
Features: 210
Guides: 5
Developer's Interviews: 41

Twitter:

ReanSchwarzer7

@Tasuki thanks for moderating that post as it was made by a VERY rude friend of mine. You have my heartfelt apologies and I can assure you that'll never happen again!

Stats

Twitter:

Tasuki

@Reanfan7 Well just be careful on who's using your account and what not. Regardless of who might be using it we don't know and if they do something to get the account banned....

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

ReanSchwarzer7

Wow at the ending of The Legend of Heroes: Trails in The Sky FC. The cliff-hanger is ridiculous, I'll definitely have to get SC since I hear that it actually has a proper ending. >_>

Stats

Twitter:

ReanSchwarzer7

So is anyone going to be getting The Cold Steel Remastered games or Cold Steel III for PS4?

Stats

Twitter:

themcnoisy

@Reanfan7 im actually getting TOCS for xmas. Will let you know how I get on!

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

ReanSchwarzer7

@themcnoisy I hope you have fun dude! And give it a chance as it starts off rather slow for the first couple of chapters before the story and characters start to become REALLY good. I mean it's good at the beginning too, but a bit boring though the later chapters in ToCS and all of ToCS II are amazing!

Stats

Twitter:

themcnoisy

@ReanSchwarzer7 not yet mate. Almost there! My ps4 is going into storage in 2 weeks so will blitz it then.

themcnoisy

@ReanSchwarzer7 started this one last night. Literally 20 minutes in but Im absolutely loving the production values. You can tell the designers have gone all out to make this an epic game. First day of school and I think the protagonist is from a working class background and the other class mates hes bumped into are from the upper classes. Nice setup and will have more feedback over the next week.

KratosMD

@themcnoisy Nice one mate, looking forward to hearing what you think of it.

"To judge others by your own standard is the height of folly"
"They fail to live because they are always preparing to live" - Alan Watts
"You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

themcnoisy

@KratosMD I can already tell its going to be great. Starting off at level 49 characters in a war zone before jumping me back to the first day of school. Cracking beginnings to a game.

ReanSchwarzer7

@themcnoisy It only gets better as the game marches on. Btw let me know if you need any tips regarding certain aspects of the game, I'm pretty much a pro at the game and am in the top 20 world rankings for most time logged into the first two Cold Steel games.

Stats

Twitter:

Th3solution

I’ve been needing to play these games and made an impulse buy this weekend when I came across a new copy of ToCS II for $15 on Vita. They usually go for $30-$40 even on eBay and that’s if you can even find them; apparently they are one of those limited production Japanese games that we have a hard time getting physical copies of in the States. I just couldn’t pass it up even though I still have the first game sitting in my backlog. For some reason I have a urge to play these and I feel like the Vita is the console I want to do it on. I don’t know. The remasters on the PS4 would be a good way to experience them too, but well, whatever... I’m committed now.

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

KratosMD

@Th3solution That's a great deal dude, you're right the ToCS games are fairly expensive so nabbing one of them for $15 is a steal. I think playing the games on a portable system will make it easier for you to keep playing them since you can always play them in short bursts, while playing them on a console you really need to commit. Considering that you're also currently playing Persona 5 on the PS4, going back and forth between it and ToCS on the Vita would be a good idea, that is if you feel like playing them right now.

Edited on by KratosMD

"You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Th3solution

@KratosMD I have some travel coming up so I should get in some Vita time next week, we’ll see how it goes. I’m torn between playing Danganronpa V3 next or ToCS. It will be easy to take both on my trip and see what my mood dictates. But yeah, I was shocked at the low price!

KratosMD

@Th3solution Oh god, that's actually a very hard choice. I don't know, maybe go with ToCS since I feel like you'd get more easily drawn in by Danganronpa while ToCS might take some time to really get the flow going. I guess it also depends on how long your trip is going to be, so yeah maybe just pick whichever one you feel more inclined to play.

Th3solution

@KratosMD With Trails, is it a lot of reading and dialogue, or more battles and combat, or a mixture? Are there dialogue trees and relationship building a la Persona? And is there a lot of menu time messing with equipment and weapons, upgrading weapons, collecting materials, etc in the normal rpg fashion?

KratosMD

@Th3solution The game is heavy on the reading in the beginning at least, then after awhile you'll start getting to the formula of the game where you're in school, talking with people and doing side quests. Then you go on field trips and that's where the battles start to become more frequent. Then it's basically rinse and repeat, so the first part of each chapter is reading a lot of dialogues and walking around the school ground, and the second part is basically field work with battles and plot development.

Relationship building is actually more dynamic in this game, where your bonds with other class mates grow as you battle together with them on top of bonding moments. So in the first part of each chapter you'll encounter bonding moments with your friends in the overworld and these give you the most bonding exp, while the bonding exp in battles is much less obviously. Then you can also play cards with your friends to increase your bonds with them, so there are many ways to build your relationship with them.

And yeah, there is a lot of inventory management so brace yourself for that. If you don't like that stuff (like me) then you should probably play the game on an easier difficulty. Worth mentioning is that the game is fairly hard in general, which is why I played it on easy and it felt like normal difficulty for me. The battles still felt fun and varied even though I did that. (I know that I keep recommending playing JRPGs on easier difficulties to you, lol, but I just prefer to enjoy the story rather than encountering unnecessary difficulty spikes in battles that dampen my enjoyment of the game, which is easily remedied so I just want to avoid that as much as possible).

Also, I felt like ToCS II had a stronger emphasis on action and battles since they got all the initial universe building out of the way in the first game. So look forward to that!

Edited on by KratosMD

Th3solution

@KratosMD Excellent. Sounds good. I’ll probably opt for easy as well. So, I hear that the relationships carry over on your save file from the first game to the second?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic