Forums

Topic: Team Microtransactions (MTX) PS3 Library Deliberation Thread

Posts 421 to 440 of 597

themcnoisy

@ZeD Ive always thought your website didn't work as I wrote otakugamers.co.uk only just realised its just. UK. Which reviewer are your Zed?

Ignore me. Its Desmond. Lol.

Edited on by themcnoisy

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

ZeD

@themcnoisy easy mistake to make.
I haven't wroth a review fot a while due to time. I barely have enough time to play casual, let alone critical 🤣

ZeD

PSN: KratosRisesAgain | Twitter:

themcnoisy

NHL 08 EA Canada - Not Important
NHL 09 EA Canada - Not Important
NHL 10 EA Canada - Existing
NHL 11 EA Canada - Very Important
NHL 12 EA Canada - Important
NHL 13 EA Canada - Existing
NHL 14 EA Canada - Not Important
NHL 15 EA Canada - Pointless

The series was best between 10 and 13. 10 and 11 used the same engine as 08 and 09 but on the PS3 those earlier games were a shadow of the x360 versions of the game. 10 and 11 were both great games by the looks of things on parity with the xbox releases, 11 was the standout and they had perfected working with the old engine, manager modes and general play was right up there with any of the games before or since. 12 was a new engine but it flew out of the gates, 13 added more modes and stuff to do. 14 was when typical EA annual year off happened and 15 shipped with half of the modes everyone was used to.

themcnoisy

Knack Attack Six Pack
@AdamNovice @KALofKRYPTON @Kidfried @Gremio108 @Fight_Sora_Fight @Octane @mookysam

303 Team Name not found
@Jaz007 @themcnoisy @Th3solution @RogerRoger @Frigate @TowaHerschel7

Team Micro Transactions @ZeD @Ralizah @leucocyte @LieutenantFatman @Rudy_Manchego @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

I have gone to town on the list over the last hour and a bit. I'm now pushed for time so take a look at the link (on the previous thread page) and take a couple of games which are yet to be scored! Boss mode sucks with all the franchises but I've scored most of them now.

Ralizah

@themcnoisy I organized 50+ of the initially scored games on the sheet last night. I'll go ahead and clean up the rest of them today, so we'll have a good idea of exactly which games need to be tackled.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

PSN: Ralizah

leucocyte

Painkiller: Hell & Damnation - Pointless. metacritic rating is low, got 3/10 on pushsquare. i recall picking up a copy of the benelux edition of official playstation magazine while passing through schiphol airport, and it got lambasted in that too.. said that apart from the weapons, the rest of it was a complete mess. i didn't think the original painkiller game on PC was that great.. different era, and games of that type were common, but most opinions seem to be this is a lazy rehash. it probably sold about 5 copies.

Edited on by leucocyte

leucocyte

themcnoisy

@Ralizah It's OK mate, I can use the main scoreboard on Monday. It will actually be easier to put all the results in order.

Still if we can pull the none rated games tomorrow at some point we can divvy them out.

Gremio108

It took me longer to get around to the spreadsheet than I thought it would, but I've just been on and scored a few. I think I did that right.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

Ralizah

@themcnoisy These are the games currently showing up as unscored on the list.

Move Fitness ColdWood Interactive
Move Mind Benders XDEV
MXGP The Official Motocross Videogame Milestone S.r.l.
My Fitness Coach 2 Ubisoft
NBA 07 SCE San Diego Studio
NBA 08 SCE San Diego Studio
NBA '09: The Inside SCE San Diego Studio
NBA 2K7 Visual Concepts / Kush Games
NBA 2K8 Visual Concepts / Kush Games
NBA 2K9 Visual Concepts / Kush Games
NBA 2K10 Visual Concepts / Kush Games
NBA Street Homecourt EA Canada
NeverDead Rebellion Developments
NFL Head Coach 09 EA Tiburon
NFL Tour EA Tiburon
NHL 2K7 Visual Concepts / Kush Games
NHL 2K8 Visual Concepts / Kush Games
NHL 2K9 Visual Concepts
NHL 2K10 Visual Concepts
NPPL Championship Paintball 2009 Sand Grain Studios
Of Orcs and Men Cyanide
One Piece: Unlimited World Red Ganbarion
Order Up! SuperVillain Studios

RogerRoger

@Ralizah @themcnoisy To help out with the huge block of sports franchises, I'll take the four NHL games in a moment and return with thoughts / rankings for them.

I'll also do NeverDead and Order Up! just to stop me going insane.

Give me an hour.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

Alrighty then...

NHL 2K7 was "the first ice hockey simulation to be made for PS3" apparently. It has some control balance issues that made it too easy to beat and, since it was multi-generational, the gameplay didn't feel truly next-gen according to some reviews. Nevertheless, there are plenty of positive write-ups for it out there, and user reviews are firmly in the "yeah, it's okay" camp. Sounds like Existing to me.

NHL 2K8 finally redesigned all the character models to make them feel next-gen. Despite lots of tweaks to the gameplay, however, some noted that they were too little, too late and made the controls difficult to grapple with. One review called the whole thing "humdrum" as a result, and user reviews would seem to agree. This is borderline Existing / Not Important and I can't decide which. Let's see how the others do before I make a final determination.

NHL 2K9 fixed the dodgy controls, apparently, but also shifted the focus away from authentic ice hockey and more towards arcade-style fun, which some saw as a negative. It's quite telling that most of the reviews on Metacritic mention the more traditional NHL '09 from EA (yep, actual encouragement to buy an EA game) but it addressed criticism and provided an alternative. I'd say Existing is fair.

NHL 2K10 maintained the previous casual approach, but reviews took a nosedive as a result, as very little had been changed or refined (and everybody loved the Wii version, which says a lot). This one's definitely Not Important then, and that means I'm tempted to go back to 2K8 and give it the same, to balance the scores and reflect on how annual franchises often yoyo between good and not-so-good.

NeverDead is a critically-mauled Konami action game in which you play an immortal man who loses limbs as he takes damage. Professionals focused on the poor execution of a promising premise, whereas user reviews mention frustrating controls, but both note flashes of inspiration periodically breaking through the gloom. Alas, all this adds up to looking like perfect Not Important fodder.

Order Up! is a simplistic mini-game compilation built around the premise of achieving world peace at a UN Summit (only kidding; it's obviously a cooking game). Feels like it was made for the Wii and then ported elsewhere when it achieved mild success. Most of the reviews use words like "simplistic", "repetitive" and "underdone" (such wit) but there are others who note that there are far worse candidates out there, and that younger audiences would enjoy it. Still, I'd say we're on the edge of a Pointless game here, unless anybody has any serious objections.

Will load these scores into the spreadsheet right away. Hope this helps!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Ralizah

@RogerRoger It does. Thank you.

I'll take Of Orcs and Men and the two Move games.

RogerRoger

@Ralizah Neato. I'm actually around tomorrow evening and Friday morning as well, so if there's anything left I'd be happy to help out a little more.

Making It So Since 1987

themcnoisy

@Ralizah @RogerRoger rated NFL head coach as not important. It used an old Madden engine for the time and the UI had serious lag which in a management game with loads of menus is a deal breaker.

RogerRoger

@themcnoisy Sounds about right. Menu lag is unforgivable.

If nobody else has claimed them by this evening, I'll pop back and analyse MXGP, My Fitness Coach and the NPPL Paintball game.

That'll just then leave the final push on the NBA games over the weekend.

Making It So Since 1987

themcnoisy

@RogerRoger I've ran one piece unlimited world - sounds really good. Gave that an important as the graphics from that game set the precedent for the next batch of one piece games this gen. I have also finished the nba 2k games.

themcnoisy

Knack Attack Six Pack
@AdamNovice @KALofKRYPTON @Kidfried @Gremio108 @Fight_Sora_Fight @Octane @mookysam

303 Team Name not found
@Jaz007 @themcnoisy @Th3solution @RogerRoger @Frigate @TowaHerschel7

Team Micro Transactions @ZeD @Ralizah @leucocyte @LieutenantFatman @Rudy_Manchego @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

Only 6 games on the spreadsheet remain scoreless. Give it a go team!

Octane

I've played none of them by the way, so I can't join this round.

Octane

LieutenantFatman

ok, I'll look into 'Of Orcs and Men'

I would rate this game as a 3 - existing. A game with a lot of potential, an original story (for a video game) and some interesting characters as well as fairly decent graphics. You take control of the Orc side (all 2 of them), but it sounds like the orcs aren't the bad guys in this one.

Unfortunately they took it out of the oven too early so the game play is a bit too repetitive for most. Also the AI was noticeably poor with guards not noticing their fellow comrades when they were in trouble and providing a low variation of attack types. But the game does have charm and is worth considering.

Edited on by LieutenantFatman

LieutenantFatman

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.