Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational Clap Hanz
IHF Handball Challenge 14 Neutron Games
International Cricket 2010 Trickstar Games
Inversion Saber Interactive
James Bond 007: Blood Stone Bizarre Creations
Iron Sky Invasion Reality Pump
J-Stars Victory Vs Spike Chunsoft

as unplaced.

Are any of these unclaimed and/or already rated and just weren't altered on the spreadsheet?

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

HallowMoonshadow

They need to be ranked @Ralizah

Seeing as I forgot to put the cricket game onto the list I'll take it 😅

Not to mention one of three games I took was japan only and omitted anyway...

@leucocyte has played the James bond and inversion games so we need his scores for them if I'm remembering correctly.

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Ralizah

@leucocyte said he'd take the golf game. If he has played James Bond and Inversion, that leaves:

International Cricket 2010 Trickstar Games
Iron Sky Invasion Reality Pump
J-Stars Victory Vs Spike Chunsoft

I'll take on the latter two. I know nothing about cricket, and I'm not entirely sure what "handball" even is.

HallowMoonshadow

Sorry @Ralizah i wasn't clear enough there apologies (head's a bit floaty at the moment)

I've got J-Stars and I'm now taking the cricket game

ZeD has iron sky

Leucocyte has the handball game.

So we're all good you don't need to look at them

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Ralizah

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Ah, it's alright. I actually caught some sort of bug on my trip, so I understand the feeling.

HallowMoonshadow

Get better soon @Ralizah !

And you tell that person on ninty life what's what about Persona 5 Scramble: Phantom Strikers... kinda rude if you ask me... The six - seven year olds I teach are generally not as bratty as that 😅

@Rudy_Manchego I'll read that fansite of yours!

7/10 Needs more kyleforrester!

ZeD

Iron Sky Invasion is a movie tie in to the Finnish-German-Australian comic-science-fiction action film, Iron Sky. It gets better...
The game takes place in outer space, where the players must defend the Earth from the invasion of the Moon Nazis, as depicted in the 2012 film.
The game itself was not amazing though with mixed to negative reviews stating that it is an ok space sim but missions are boring and slow with a bad balance on difficulty.
I would drop this in pointless

ZeD

PSN: KratosRisesAgain | Twitter:

HallowMoonshadow

J-Stars Victory Vs+ Spike Chunsoft

IMPORTANCE TO GAMING AS OF TODAY

This is the first multi-crossover anime game on PlayStation at all til Jump force on PS4.

There were a couple of DS games before that did a massive jump crossover before in 2D and there was a japan only brawler for PS2/gamecube with only 3 franchises on offer.

Otherwise unless it was DBZ, One Piece, Naruto or Bleach you wouldn't see these past Japan.

So for a lot of the titles it'll be their first 3D game... At least to come to the west.

Individual series (particularly the more obscure ones) may of have a 3D game before in japan but... I'm not going to look through 40 different jump series just to find out. It'll probably be the first brawler for a lot of them

For games as a whole it's not too important.

For anime based games I'd say this is quite important... There's a number of manga/anime character's here with a bunch of series represented including:

• Assassination Classroom
  • Beelzebub
  • Bleach
  • Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo
  • Chinyūki: Tarō to Yukai na Nakama-tachi
  • Dr. Slump
  • Dragon Ball Z
  • Fist of the North Star
  • Gin Tama
  • Hell Teacher Nūbē
  • Hunter × Hunter
  • JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
  • Kochira Katsushika-ku Kameari Kōen-mae Hashutsujo
  • Medaka Box
  • Naruto
  • One Piece
  • Reborn!
  • Rurouni Kenshin
  • Saint Seiya
  • Sakigake!! Otokojuku
  • The Disastrous Life of Saiki K.
  • Tottemo! Luckyman
  • Toriko
  • Yu Yu Hakusho

... I only know of Bleach, Dragon Ball, Fist Of The North Star, Hunter x Hunter, JoJo, Naruto and One Piece though... The others are a mystery to me but it's representation that some may never of had before.

TECHNICAL ACHIEVEMENT

www.pushsquare.com/reviews/ps4/j-stars_victory_vsplus

Another pushsquare review... One of the kinder reviews to the game by Ramsey. It's for the PS4 version but there's seemingly no difference baring slight graphical improvements (and load times presumably)

The combat is a bit basic on onr hand with only light attacks, heavy attacks and specific character attacks...

... on the other hand it's quite accessable and with 40+ characters to play as once unlocked you'll be able to get into the groove with the others quite easily!

All the characters look ok... Some fare better then others in the uniform art style and there's decently sized arena's to fight in albeit with muddy textures.

For game modes there's:

• Online versus
  • Offline versus
  • A decent sounding story mode which is a little self aware of all these franchise's being thrown together. Has light rpg elements with leveling up and stuff.
  • An arcade mode with varying rounds of fights

ARTISTIC MERIT

I guess it doesn't do anything new or exciting overall to the fighting genre?

But this could lead some people to anime/manga series they've never heard of before and I definitely think there's some merit in potentially being able to give people new experiences/stories/franchises to love.

PERSONAL OPINION

This is in some ways quite similar to that digimon all stars rumble game I reviewed a couple of weeks back

Except this is a little better overall, has a little more care put into it and is more of an event due to possibly being the first time some of these manga/anime characters have been portrayed in 3D or altogether!

FINAL VERDICT

3 - Existing (Changed the score of this about ten times before deciding on 3 rather then 2. Feel free to question it if you like)

Ralizah

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy LOL

It's a weird time for Nintendo fans. We're getting a lot of ports we never thought would be possible, including the previously Microsoft-exclusive Cuphead, and people are pushing more and more devs into developing for the system via social media.

The Nintendo community also has a massive fake news problem right now, with people buying into false rumors every couple of months (the last Nintendo Direct was superb, for example, but some people were still salty because of a false rumor about a port of the Metroid Prime Trilogy; before that, the same supposed port was rumored to be appearing at The Game Awards). It doesn't help that, on occasion, some off-the-wall rumor, like the Cuphead one, turns out to be true.

It was also called "P5S," which brings to mind "Dragon Quest XI S."

I get why the expectation was there. But entitlement mentalities never lead anywhere good. Neither does giving credence to attention seekers who constantly "leak" incorrect information.

And thanks. I hope your illness is getting better. You've been under-the-weather for a while now.

HallowMoonshadow

@Ralizah

Mmm I can understand the reasoning. Even I thought P5S was a switch port... Finding out it's a dynasty warriors spinoff was genuinely surprising and bewildering

Still P5S IS coming to switch... not exactly what everyone was expecting but hey, it's there at least

I don't think I've seen a comment section get so full of salt so quickly though

And thanks Ralizah... I generally am much better then I was but I'm not 100% changing doctors so hopefully whatever is plaguing me will get sorted out soon

HallowMoonshadow

International Cricket 2010 Trickstar games

IMPORTANCE TO GAMING AS OF TODAY

This killed off the Codemaster cricket series thanks to poor sales (The previous entry was called Ashes 2009 and before that it was the Brian Lara cricket series). Don't think it got any updates either... or at leadt they took a wait and see approach to it.

Take that as you will.

Not important for gaming as a whole.

Despite it being a swan song for Codemasters cricket series it wasn't all that important either with very middling reviews all around.

TECHNICAL ACHIEVEMENT

It's alright. A bit buggy though. Looks ok for a sports game. Seems to play ok otherwise (more on that later) with tournaments, test matches, other teams, different kits and pads to get... Not much to really say here though guys!

ARTISTIC MERIT

It has the England and Australian teams in game fully licensed and recreated from the time. All the other teams are unlicenced however with made up players. Apparently the squads are incomplete though.

There's also 21 stadiums to choose from.

The online mode was criticized as it featured a "Sportsmanship rating" that was supposed to help mark other players who ragequit or whatever... But ended up being criticized in that it was poorly designed... Plus there was a nasty bug that caused the game to disconnect after a six is hit or a boundary occurs (... I'm as lost as you are)

PERSONAL OPINION

... Cricket's boring?

FINAL VERDICT

Like the apparently awful commentary this game is

1 - Pointless

(Again sorry for the brevity compared to Invizimals and Jump Stars. )

ZeD

@Ralizah @leucocyte @LieutenantFatman @Rudy_Manchego @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy @kyleforrester87
Great going this week team! Thanks to @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy for taking charge!
I think going forward we should do our normal scoring and as it fills up we will see which games have not been played by any of us. Feel free to start researching these games and marking them against your name
This is what sort of happened this week and it worked like a charm!

We are just waiting on @leucocyte for;
Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational Clap Hanz
But we still have a couple of days. If we are all happy with the current list, say LOCK!

ZeD

HallowMoonshadow

Ahh no problem ZeD. Happy to help out

Besides now we can just relax until Monday... Though for me I'll be doing a bunch of lesson planning over the weekend 😅

leucocyte

@ZeD - i'll try and get the everybody's golf and handball games done tonight. i've played the former on vita, and it's a PS3 port of that.

leucocyte

leucocyte

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational aka Everybody's Golf - this is a PS3 port of the vita launch title, and it released just a few months before PS4 launched, so it seems to be a bit of a forgotten title. in fact the only review listed on metacritic is @get2sammyb's 8/10 review here: https://www.pushsquare.com/reviews/ps3/hot_shots_golf_world_in... - as such it's probably not that important in the grand scheme of things, though somehow personally i think a playstation console library doesn't feel complete without an everybody's golf. i had EG:world tour on PS3, this one on Vita, and the PS4 release, and i'm sure i'd buy EG on PS5 if it came out, as i've enjoyed each one on each platform. none of the games are particularly outstanding technically, though i've always found the netcode quite admirable - used to enjoy the 50 player tournaments on world tour, and they all have the same cutesy almost anime popart style - it's almost nintendo-esque imo, but what the games do well is distil golf down to the bare essentials that make it fun - hitting a ball is nothing more than a simple button press and timing, and it has outrageously difficult holes and courses, and tournaments throw in all sorts of random rules to make it interesting. personally, i overlooked this one, mostly because i already owned the previous EG game on PS3, and i played this one quite a bit on vita (its gameplay style was well suited to the handheld). with PS4 on the horizon, the game perhaps unfortunately went rather unnoticed. if you'd never played the franchise before, it likely would have been a worthy purchase, especially if you had PS Move, as it was the only EG that supported it.

Verdict: Existing

IHF International Challenge 14 - i'm a bit of a handball (the sport) enthusiast, and i watch most of the major international championships and the european champions league, but outside of continental europe, it's very niche. this is the only handball game that exists on PS3, and obviously there is no FIFA/NFL style budget to make a game of that level of polish. however, i could only find one review of this (and it's in spanish which i don't speak), and it wasn't particularly favourable (45/100). i watched about 10 minutes footage of the game on youtube, and it's about what i expected based on my experience of Handball 17 on PS4 - it's not the same developer, but it is the same publisher (bigben interactive). the animations are extremely janky, graphics are extremely basic - there are only 2 licensed leagues (german bundesliga, and the spanish liga asobal), and none of the players look anything like their real-life counterparts - it's almost PS2 level FIFA likeness at times. the graphics are not particularly good on PS4's Handball 17 either, though a few well known players like Mikael Hansen or Nikola Karabatic (both PSG - the French Ligue 1 and 2, and German Bundesliga 2 have been added as extra licensed leagues in the most recent game) are vaguely recognisable. commentary is utterly utterly terrible from what i've watched. it's not great on Handball 17 either, but it's better than this. obviously it's restricted by budget, and the size of its development team, so mo-cap, scanned visages, and A-game commentary are beyond its means, but even then its ambition seems fairly limited. for those that are used to other sports games that use some kind of intuitive AI to help with passing/defence etc, this has none of that, which makes defense extremely difficult at times as manual player switching sometimes doesn't give you control of the player you want it to and a gaping hole in your defence opens up. attack is somewhat easier, and it seems the focus has been to try and make the attacking play about fast passing and skill shots - it can be a buzz when you score a spin shot from wide on the wing (when a right hander from the left wing gets it to bounce almost at right angles off the floor past the keeper), or you leap above the defence to score an absolute blaster into the top corner from 10m (in real handball, shots are regularly more than 100km/h). from what i can ascertain, bigben's handball series has generally improved (though we're not talking substantial improvements) since it began with IHF Handball Challenge 12 on PC, (but even as fan of the sport, i wouldn't particularly recommend the most recent Handball 17 on PS4), and having watched IHF 14 on youtube, its budget limitations are there for all to see.

Verdict: Unimportant

leucocyte

ZeD

Ok all, that is this weeks list done. I will submit the final list to the main thread.
Thanks again

ZeD

themcnoisy

@Ralizah @Rudy_Manchego @ZeD @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Just Dance kids is down as pointless I think reading back. Let me know otherwise team the main thread post says omitted.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Ralizah

@themcnoisy @ZeD It was omitted because a PS3 version of that game doesn't appear to exist. There's no sense in even listing it.

I rated the second game as "Unimportant."

themcnoisy

@Ralizah ahhh got you. Thank you. Just skimmed the comments earlier.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.