Forums

Topic: Team Microtransactions (MTX) PS3 Library Deliberation Thread

Posts 321 to 340 of 597

Ralizah

Jane's Advanced Strike Fighters - Abandons any pretenses of being a flight sim to focus on generic, Ace Combat-inspired arcade action. It's attractive enough visually, but the gameplay is shallow, the performance is uneven, with lots of reviewers mentioning stuttering as they played the game, and, in general, the word "boring" is thrown around a lot.

Verdict: Pointless

~
~
~

Just Dance Kids 2

It's a Just Dance game, but with tracks selected with children in mind. It makes decent use of the PS Move controllers, but the track selection in this one is... forgettable, honestly.

Verdict: Unimportant.

@ZeD I didn't rate the first game because, according to the resources I've looked at, the first game only released on Xbox 360 and Nintendo Wii.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

HallowMoonshadow

Infinite Stratos 2: Ignition Hearts 5pb

Is another Japan only game as well @themcnoisy

So that's three games we'll be omitting from ranking this time around with Just dance kids 1 not being on PS3 as Ralizah has pointed out

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

HallowMoonshadow

I added an omitted section to the main page, moved them there, coloured them red @ZeD along with adding a red colour to the colour section for "omitted" results.

The filling in never seems to work for me though when I check the link... but using the app it says I have filled them in... So blurgh sorry if I knackered things up Ralizah! πŸ˜…

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

themcnoisy

@ZeD @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy The master list is every retail game ever released including Japan. Sorry I don't know how those Japanese releases slipped through the net as I have greyed them all out

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

HallowMoonshadow

It's ok @themcnoisy ... it's made our list that much easier!

... Just looked Just Dance kids 1 up... on ebay there's Just dance kids 1 for PS3... apparently @Ralizah it got a release in Europe as I'm seeing UK, German, French, Spanish, Belgian and Australian copies.

No USA ones though

What do we do here noisy? I'm so confused πŸ˜…

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

themcnoisy

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy @ZeD @Rudy_Manchego Every pal and American game is in the list. So if its available in far flung Ukraine or Greece then its in the list.

I've omitted the Japanese only releases as it amounts to about 150 games none of us have played to make it quicker. We had a game a couple of weeks back which was only available in Germany

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

HallowMoonshadow

Invizimals: The Lost Kingdom Magenta Software, Novarama

IMPORTANCE TO GAMING AS OF TODAY

I'd never heard of this series before. So off to a good start!

Apparently it started off in 2009 as a PSP game with monster collecting and battling... further games came to the PS3 and PSVITA with 2 sequels on PSP as well.

It also had a Panini sticker book and stickers, Augmented Reality/Trading cards, a cartoon show, two made for tv movies, ios and Android apps ... It certainly did well enough!

The games even have Brian Blessed as himself! (Professor Dawson really but who are we kidding?)

Though in this one I think he's relegated to voice-overs only

The series seemed to die out after this and the following release Invizimals: The Alliance on VITA .

So not important to gaming as a whole.

And not important to the Invizimals series either.

TECHNICAL ACHIEVEMENT

We have a review from Sammy here on the game in question!

www.pushsquare.com/reviews/ps3/invizimals_the_lost_kingdom

It doesn't seem to be pushing the bar at all in any sense of the word.

Weirdly this game loses the unique augmented reality/trading card stuff and instead is a generic action adventure game!

That's always a good sign...

Apparently you can interact with the VITA game and do the series's more traditional monster battling but... I don't really see the point?

ARTISTIC MERIT

Made on a budget this seems to have quite a decent look to it. Some locations look quite nice (Sammy mentions the cloud based ones being particularly nice)

The main hook as it were is that Hiro (The hero of the game πŸ˜…) can transform into eight different invizimals to interact with puzzles and blocked pathways along the linear-ish progression of levels.

Except those are pretty basic and the other eight invizimals you can unlock to transform into are in fact just reskins of the first eight.

PERSONAL OPINION

... It has Brian Blessed?

FINAL VERDICT

If this was any other game in the Invizimals series I'd probably give it a two at least, maybe even a three... Seeing as this looses the augmented reality/card/PokΓ©mon battle stuff though I can only give it

1 - Pointless

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Ralizah

@ZeD @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy @themcnoisy

I definitely thought of all that beforehand. Check this out, though.

According to the "Just Dance Wiki," Just Dance Kids 2 released in the PAL region as Just Dance Kids.

Just Dance Kids only released in the PAL region as Dance Juniors. I didn't see a PS3 version of that.

https://justdance.fandom.com/wiki/Just_Dance_Kids

https://justdance.fandom.com/wiki/Just_Dance_Kids_2

Edited on by Ralizah

HallowMoonshadow

... Ok I'm officially lost πŸ˜‚

Rudy_Manchego

Ok - two points.

1) There is a Just Dance fandom site which is must, well, unexpected.

2) This is confusing as heck. Can we just agree they are all pointless?

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Rudy_Manchego

@ZeD I am going to create my own Rudy Manchego Fandom site. It will have all the good bits... that time I broke my ankle when drunk, the time I pretended to be related to someone in Saved By the Bell to impress a girl, the day Bowie died and I cried. I won't hold back.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Ralizah

@ZeD @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Yeah, I was a bit baffled at first as well. Perhaps the re-branding attempt for Dance Juniors didn't go well, so they went back to a name that people knew? Either way, it appears the original Just Dance Kids never had a PS3 release in any region.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.