Forums

Topic: Team Microtransactions (MTX) PS3 Library Deliberation Thread

Posts 301 to 320 of 597

HallowMoonshadow

Wonderful write up @mookysam , you've swayed me to look at these games a little less harshly then i have been

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Ralizah

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Eh. I prefer to tend toward harshness. It's too easy to rate games highly because you really like them, or because you're not thinking critically enough about them. In the case of something like Ico/SotC on PS3, I don't mind that you challenged me on it, because I feel like it forced me to back up my judgment. If I couldn't, then my score wouldn't have been justified.

I've been incredibly harsh on a lot of good games, but I feel like that's the best way to allow the true gems to shine.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

HallowMoonshadow

Oh I won't stop asking @Ralizah about a score if I feel it's too high or low and I won't stop being as critical as I have for most games we've looked over...

I just meant more for the remaster/port ones I might factor my personal opinion of the original release into it a little more unless there's something really wrong with the port

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

ZeD

I have had a look at the hot wheels game today and have come to the conclusion it is Pointless. Seems like shovelware that had some redeeming factors but overall, pretty rubbish

ZeD

PSN: KratosRisesAgain | Twitter:

leucocyte

from our list this week, i've played only these:

inFAMOUS Sucker Punch Productions
inFAMOUS 2 Sucker Punch Productions
Inversion Saber Interactive
James Bond 007: Blood Stone Bizarre Creations

depending on which Everybody's Golf game Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational is - if it's Everybody's Golf World Tour - then I've played it. For the Ico & SoTC collection, i've only actually played Ico - i played SoTC on PS4.

i'll take the handball game as well since i'm a fan of the sport, and have played the PS4 iteration of it.

leucocyte

HallowMoonshadow

@leucocyte

Google/wiki seems to indicate that Everybody's Golf World Tour isn't the same game

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational is the sixth everybody's golf whilst the world tour is the fifth one or World tour in Europe

HallowMoonshadow

So once leucocyte has voted ( As he put he's played Inversion & James Bond) that leaves us with

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational Clap Hanz

How to Train Your Dragon Étranges Libellules

How to Train Your Dragon 2 Torus Games

Taken by LieutenantFatman

IHF Handball Challenge 14 Neutron Games

Taken by leucocyte

Jane's Advanced Strike Fighters Trickstar Games
Just Dance Kids Land Ho!
Just Dance Kids 2 Land Ho!

Taken by Ralizah

J-Stars Victory Vs Spike Chunsoft

Invizimals: The Lost Kingdom Magenta Software, Novarama

Infinite Stratos 2: Ignition Hearts 5pb

Taken by Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

Hot Wheels World's Best Driver Firebrand Games

Iron Sky Invasion Reality Pump

Iron Man Secret Level

Taken by ZeD

The Incredible Hulk Edge of Reality

Hunted: The Demon's Forge Bethesda Softwork

Taken by Rudy_Manchego

So 1 game left to look at

So shall we start sharing/picking them out now @ZeD @Ralizah
@ @LieutenantFatman
@Rudy_Manchego ?

Oh and @themcnoisy

Initial D Extreme Stage by Sega Rosso is a Japan only games apparently from the wiki page... soooo that shouldn't actually be there should it?

HallowMoonshadow

Well we barely made the deadline last week @LieutenantFatman with me and ZeD doing a mad dash to give the last 6 games we had scores... So I took charge this week!

Ralizah

Jane's Advanced Strike Fighters Trickstar Games
Just Dance Kids Land Ho!
Just Dance Kids 2 Land Ho!

for me.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

ZeD

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy
Sorry for last week, not in a great place at the moment mentally.
I have already done Hotwheels as pointless, I think I marked it as 1 on the spread sheet.
I will take Hulk and Iron Man. I do remember playing Iron Man on Xbox 360 but cannot recall a lot about it.

ZeD

HallowMoonshadow

I have no idea what Jane's Advanced Strike Fighters is Ralizah beyond a fighting game (perhaps?) ... so I'm very interested to see the result!

Also

J-Stars Victory Vs Spike Chunsoft
Invizimals: The Lost Kingdom Magenta Software, Novarama
Infinite Stratos 2: Ignition Hearts 5pb

Is what I'll take

HallowMoonshadow

That's ok @ZeD ... I'm still naffing ill (I'm better though for the most part) so no worries i understand! 👍

LieutenantFatman

@ Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy
Much appreciated, thank you.

How to Train Your Dragon Étranges Libellules

How to Train Your Dragon 2 Torus Games

Reading up on these two games, it should come as no surprise that they're both lazy cash ins that offer nothing of value. While the 2nd game sounds like it is the worse of the two, the first is hardly worth wasting time on either, with nothing remotely original and no innovation and everything being repetitive and boring, mediocore at best. There's no fun to be had here for players of any age.
Pointless

LieutenantFatman

leucocyte

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy - yeah, EG: World Tour appears to be the same as Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds. World Invitational seems to be a PS3 port of the Everybody's Golf vita game (I've played it on vita, but not on PS3).

leucocyte

HallowMoonshadow

I take it you'd like to look at Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational then @leucocyte seeing as you've played the sequel?

ZeD

So Iron Man has got some pretty mixed reviews, especially in the controls department. Some say they are fine and others say they are terrible.
From what I have read, I will put this in pointless as it is just a flying game masked as Iron Man & it really did not add a lot to the super hero game genre. Ambition project by the devs but nothing to set the world on fire

ZeD

Rudy_Manchego

Hi all,

Added a score against the below:

The Incredible Hulk Edge of Reality - I remember this being pretty poor upon release and both the reviews and user reviews make it feel like a buggy PS2 port.Gave it a 1 for pointless

Hunted: The Demon's Forge - Gave it a Not Important. Very average reviews with comments that it lacks originality and polish.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

themcnoisy

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Thank you. Any Japan only games are omitted and will be greyed out on Monday.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.