Forums

Topic: Team Microtransactions (MTX) PS3 Library Deliberation Thread

Posts 121 to 140 of 597

ZeD

@Ralizah @leucocyte @LieutenantFatman @Rudy_Manchego @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy
We will continue using the same score set up as @BAMozzy defined.
1-5 | Pointless to Very Important. This will take place Tues - Wed. At the end of Wed, the spread sheet will be updated based upon the average scores. These will be marked as orange.
Then we have realistically Thurs - Fri to discuss the others that have not been placed.

That Ok with every one? Currently adding a new tab to the spread sheet for us to add scores too

Edited on by ZeD

ZeD

PSN: KratosRisesAgain | Twitter:

themcnoisy

@leucocyte I will defo look at the game allocation on the next batch. You've been hit hard there.

Although if you do have all of the games in one franchise you can come to a clearer conclusion. Hmmmm.

Either way you will have a mixed bag next time.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

leucocyte

Here is what I've played:

Call of Duty 3 - Not important (2) - although it's the only CoD game (afair) that experimented with 24-player multiplayer, it's not actually a very good game. not even sure if it uses the same engine as modern warfare, as it felt very clunky.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Important (4) - i think the controversy over the no russian level overshadows this a bit, though it was the start of the OTT bombast that permeated the campaigns. lacks the diversity and standout moments from the original. had a good spec-ops co-op mode, but it eventually got ditched in favour of zombies. start of the decline of the multiplayer for me personally, the obsession with killstreaks and perks became a balancing disaster, and i say that as somebody with a 2.37 k/d on it!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - Not important (2) - i think was made during the fallout between IW and activision?. regardless, the campaign is brief (i finished it in less than 3.5 hours), and the multiplayer is uninspired. quite frankly it rides the coattails of the MW brand, living in its shadow, imo. if there were any of the post-MW games that i'd suggest to be skipped, it's this one.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare - Existing (3) - i played this on PS4, so i don't really know how to judge its impact, as i don't know what the PS3 version did and didn't have. was the first one to really add a whole new movement set with its boost jumping , etc. that natural conclusion of that ended up being quite divisive, and the last couple have gone back to the 'boots on the ground' mantra.

Call of Duty: Black Ops Treyarch - Important (4) - controversially it had you kill castro during the campaign. it's the best competitive multiplayer the franchise has had since MW/world at war imo, i haven't really liked (and subsequently didn't bother much with) any of them since. it's also sold something like 26m copies.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II - Important (4) - first one to take CoD into the future, adding new tech gadgets, and weapons not based on real-life counterparts. if i recall, the campaign allowed you to get two different endings, and it experimented with a non-quite-completely-linear structure.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III - Not important (2) - the PS3 version of this only has the multiplayer (and i think was the first one to run at 30fps). i considered putting it as pointless for just that reason.

Call of Duty: Ghosts - Existing (3) - to be honest, i don't recall a lot about this one, except the dog, and the story was based around a father and his two sons.

Call of Duty: World at War - Very important (5) - i've rated this very important simply because of the impact of the zombie mode, that almost become a phenomenon in its own right. it also had 4-player co-op for the entire campaign, and a score-attack mode, if i recall. the campaign isn't that great, though following modern warfare was going to be a tall order, and the actual tone of the game left a bit of a bad taste for me. apart from the original MW, this the best CoD multiplayer got, as it was fairly restrained on the OTT killstreaks and perks.

Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood - Not important (2) - western shooter set just before and after the american civil war, that allowed you to play as two brothers, and they did have distinctive playstyles. if i recall you could choose which character to play before the start of each level, the game is ten years old, so my recollection is of an adequate first person shooter with a few tech issues (it was made by techland after all) but nothing particularly outstanding going for it. it also had multiplayer with wanted, manhunt, posse etc. modes which were more or less similar to traditional modes, it was ok, but not something anyone would put a lot time to, especially when it came out not longer after killzone 2, and the original bad company, and modern warfare/world at war were still going strong. i looked on metacritic and the PS3 version has an average of 78 (33 positive, 17 mixed), so maybe i am doing it a little bit of injustice, so wouldn't be opposed to ranking it a level higher.

for most of these, i wouldn't be too bothered if any were moved up or down a level from my rating.

Edited on by leucocyte

leucocyte

ZeD

Welcome @kyleforrester87! you will find the link to our spreadsheet sheet a few posts up and our process of preliminary choices in my last post.
Update the spreadsheet with your scores and I will lock games based upon the averages.
If you then want to move a game that is already orange, it needa to be discussed. If it has not been assigned yet, move it and colour it orange for others to see.
Any questions, give any of us a shout.

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy, are you on this team now? If so, welcome!

ZeD

HallowMoonshadow

Yes I am @ZeD glad to be part of the team!

... I unfortunately have nothing to say at all about these games whatsoever!

Sorry team but it's mainly because of all the Cabela games
😅

My entire font of knowledge for this section of games was the Captain America tidbit regarding the films and that I've played Call Of Duty: World At War... for like... twenty minutes?

Saying that I do quite easily say World at War is a 4 maybe even a 5 (even if military shooters aren't my thing) for the sheer influence and scope Zombies has had on the franchise... was alright for twenty minutes too!

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

themcnoisy

@leucocyte wow that is pretty much how I would rate those same games. Good work.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

ZeD

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy world at war did set the world on fire with the zombie mode. It added a new style of multiplayer where team work is key.
But I have more memories of Black Ops Zombie Mode and i think that was because it was when I was at Uni with no kids. Played it every day.

So what score would you give it? 4 or 5 so I can update the spreadsheet

Edited on by ZeD

ZeD

HallowMoonshadow

Oh and sorry @ZeD Didn't see your reply there

I guess my scores will be

Call Of Duty: World At War - 4

Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 4

Call Of Duty: Black Ops 2 - 4

Call Of Duty: Black ops III - 2 (Because of it purely being multiplayer on the PS3/360)

Call of Duty 3 - 2 (Similar to leucocyte from what I can tell it looks a little clunkier then all the others and not as polished)

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - 4 (... Even I know about THAT mission. Plus if they are remastering it with just the story mode then it did something right)

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - 3 (I recall my son liking this one, and like the others it was actually made for the PS3 in mind so it was competent at least)

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare - 3 (Similar position to Black Ops III in that it ran at 30fps and from what I read up about the PS3 version was it was actually downgraded past 720p to make it work... Only it had the story mode with it unlike Black Ops III (which was considered pretty good with Troy baker and... Y'know... Him))

Call of Duty: Ghosts - 3 (I completely forgot this one existed... Which should rate it lower i guess? It seemed to run just fine on PS3... though the multiplayer had a few hiccups with a lowered frame rate and some pop in)

Plus I'll stand by my previous post and give all the Cabela games a 1 except for Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2011 which will have a 2 for the reasons i already stated

(Though if someone does more research on the series and disagrees with my assessment then I'm more then happy to change my scores accordingly)

I'll take a look at the remaining games later on!

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

ZeD

@kyleforrester87 In this 1st stage it is all about personal views on the games. So if you have not played any, it would not be worth it.
Once this part is finished tonight, we will move onto the none placed games & they will be dished out between the members of the team

ZeD

ZeD

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy As it seems no one has played these games, I would leave them until we tally up the averages of the games that have been scored. We will then dish out the remaining games, place them and them we should have a day or two to discuss if we are happy with the placements

ZeD

HallowMoonshadow

Fair enough, sounds good to me @ZeD !

I at least have some experience with all the Call of duty's more or less (I've probably played a tiny bit of all of them) thanks to my son and my ex husband so those should stand at least

ZeD

@Ralizah @leucocyte @LieutenantFatman @Rudy_Manchego @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy @kyleforrester87
The spread sheet has been updated based upon the scores given. If you have any concerns about the current orange games, raise it here and we will discuss it.
Now is the fun task, sorting out the ones we are not sure about. 21 games left, 7 of us, pick 3 each& start researching! We need to lock this list down my Saturday afternoon.

LieutenantFatman
Buzz!: Brain of the World Relentless Software
Buzz!: Quiz World Relentless Software
Buzz!: The Ultimate Music Quiz Relentless Software

Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy
Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2009 Sand Grain Studios
Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2011 Activision
Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2013 Activision

leucocyte
Call of Juarez: The Cartel Techland
Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle WizarBox
Carnival Island Magic Pixel Games

Ralizah
Cars 2: The Video Game Disney Interactive Studios
Cars 3: Driven to Win Disney Interactive Studios
Cars Mater-National Championship Rainbow Studios

kyleforrester87
Cabela's Big Game Hunter 2010 Cauldron HQ
Cabela's Big Game Hunter 2012 Cauldron HQ
Cabela's Big Game Hunter: Pro Hunts Cauldron

Rudy_Manchego
Cabela's Adventure Camp Cauldron
Cabela's African Adventures Activision
Cabela's Hunting Expeditions Fun Labs

Zed
Cabela's North American Adventures Fun Labs
Cabela's Outdoor Adventures Activision
Cabelas Survival: Shadows of Katmai Fun Labs

Edited on by ZeD

ZeD

LieutenantFatman

@ZeD
Ok I'll look into the buzz! games as I always have an interest in party games.

LieutenantFatman

HallowMoonshadow

@ZeD

Seeing as I preemptively did some research on them, might as well go and look a little more clearly at the Cabela games.

I'll take:

Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2009 Sand Grain Studios
Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2011 Activision
Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2013 Activision

leucocyte

@ZeD
i will take:
Call of Juarez: The Cartel (since I've played the other Call of Juarez game)
Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle
Carnival Island Magic

leucocyte

Ralizah

@ZeD

Cars 2: The Video Game Disney Interactive Studios
Cars 3: Driven to Win Disney Interactive Studios
Cars Mater-National Championship Rainbow Studios

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

kyleforrester87

Some top tier gaming there...

Cabela's Big Game Hunter 2010 Cauldron HQ
Cabela's Big Game Hunter 2012 Cauldron HQ
Cabela's Big Game Hunter: Pro Hunts Cauldron

I guess..!

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Ralizah

I'm not sure I want to meet the person who owns 12 hunting games on the same system. Maybe they keep their Cabela's collection next to their collection of murdered deer whose heads they have mounted on their wall.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.