Forums

Topic: Team Microtransactions (MTX) PS3 Library Deliberation Thread

Posts 101 to 120 of 597

BAMozzy

Based on the 4 people that commented 're Assassins Creed 3', the average score for the 4 votes was 2.75, rounded up to 3 so was placed in Existing. As its after 8pm, The positions are locked as they were with AC3 dropping from important down to Existing.

Thanks Everyone...

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

Th3solution

It’s a shame as I would have come to the defense of AC3 here, but it’s not my fight to have. I’m trying to stay in my lane. 😜 I have a precious veto if I need it.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

BAMozzy

@ZeD Maybe we could just put a rating score by the games we have played or know anything about. After a day or 2, when everyone has scored the game, we can put them in according to the average score. After every game is categorised - we can then look at any potential changes that may need to be done but in the first instance, everyone just put a 'score' by every game they feel they can, then we will see what games need investigating (the games no-one has scored) and finally we can debate any positions that after averaging may need to be moved.

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

BAMozzy

@Th3solution I tried to argue objectively that it deserved to be 'important' from the perspective of what it brought to gaming from a technical perspective - not from any personal opinion about is as 'game'. However, the team vote dictated that it needed to be moved down and so I back the team decision.

ZeD

@BAMozzy this is a good idea. It will give us a common ground that we can work from.
Is it worth updating the spreadsheet with a new tab for us to score?

ZeD

PSN: KratosRisesAgain | Twitter:

BAMozzy

@ZeD The spreadsheet won't be needed for the first day or so - not until we have given everyone a chance to score the games they can and then they will be averaged and put into 1 of the 5 groups. At the start, they ALL belong in Existing and the purpose of the scoring is to find an average and determine if games need to move up or down.

Once everyone has put their scores in - just copy the list we are given and put a score after every game you feel you can - then we need the spread sheet for putting the games into their group to show the 'initial' groups. After that, we will split up the remaining games - the games that have not been scored by anyone - to put these in their initial group. After that stage, we will have some time to discuss any games that are not in the groups people may think they need to be in before they are permanently locked.

I think it makes more sense to get the games we can in an 'average' position as soon as possible - then work on any that have not been placed before discussing any 'averaged' game position. The averaged games are in a position based on the team's scoring and so may not be too contentious, the unmarked games are mostly unmarked because people have no opinion so unlikely to contest. In theory, this should have games placed in the right place from the start but if someone feels strongly enough to try and change the team's mind, maybe even get people who didn't vote to form an opinion to move (or not) the game - but this will ONLY be done once every game is placed.

BAMozzy

@leucocyte @ZeD @Realizah @LieutenantFatman @Rudy_Manchego

Thanks everybody for all your contributions thus far.

From now on, Day 1/2 of a 'new' round, I want everyone to score the games they have played - ONLY the games they have played - from 1 to 5 where 1 is Pointless and 5 is Most Important (I am sure you can work out what 2, 3 and 4 are ). This will determine an average based purely on those that have played a game - if we get a game with 3 players, the score is added together and divided by 3 - then rounded to the 'nearest' whole number. If only 1 has played, then that determines which category a game will go into.

As soon as all the 'played' games are categorised, we will move into looking at all the uncategorised games, splitting them up between the 6 of us to look into. This should mean that every game has been put into a group.

The sooner we can get all this done, the sooner we can get to the final stage - which will be looking at the whole list, the placement of 'every' game and looking to lock every game into the groups. This will be the stage where EVERY team-member can raise any discussion about ANY game and its position. If there are any discussions raised, the person raising the discussion has to list the reasons why a game is incorrectly placed and/or which group they believe it to be in. If anyone 'disagrees', they too must list reasons why and which group they believe it to be in - this is to help those who may not have played or know much about the game as they can help to decide which category the game will belong in - Its their name as part of the team too. Any game that is 'reassessed' in this way, will automatically be locked in after the decision and cannot be 'rediscussed'. If everyone is ok with every game and the position, the list will be locked. As soon as the preliminary positions are in place, this is the time to say whether you are happy with the positions and list any game position(s) you are not happy with. If you don't list any games, it will be taken that you are happy with the position.

Essentially, as soon as we have placed all the games, first by ranking the games we have played and then placing any left overs into a group, this will be the point at which anyone can list any game(s) they are not happy with their position. Any game not mentioned at this point will be assumed to be in the 'correct' position and 'locked'. The game(s) that are contended will be discussed by the whole group - whether they have played it or not and the whole group will decide its position - not just those who played as they should of determined the group by scoring it in the first instance.

This should give EVERYONE a chance to score the games they played and an 'avg' of the score will determine which group it belongs in. Please try to look at the games objectively too - not let your own personal bias or prejudice affect the score.

Any questions or opinion about this method, please let me know

Thank-you

LieutenantFatman

Gah, this is not a good list for me, oh well.

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 - 4 points Important
Call of Duty Black Ops - 2 points Unimportant

Never been a big CoD fan, but have to say I've always been impressed with the co-op mode on MW2.

LieutenantFatman

ZeD

This list will proove to be a difficult one:

Buzz!: Quiz World - 4
Call of Duty 3 - 2
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - 5
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - 3
Call of Duty: Black Ops - 5
Call of Duty: Black Ops II - 3
Call of Duty: World at War - 3
Captain America: Super Soldier - 1
Cars Race-O-Rama Incinerator Studios - 1

The two cods at 5 are because they were fantastic games at the time, both brought something different to the table and I sunk a lot of hours in the mp with friends

ZeD

PSN: KratosRisesAgain | Twitter:

HallowMoonshadow

Really pointless tidbit I know (Hi everyone by the way and sorry for randomly butting in) about the Captain America game is that the Russo brothers and Chris Evans actually played it whilst making The Winter Soldier (Commentaries people!) and it inspired them to make Cap more acrobatic with his fight scenes going forward

... S'not much but hey wasn't entirely pointless!

Still probably a rubbish game though xD

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

leucocyte

had quick scan down our list, and i think i've only played some (maybe all) of the call of duty games and call of juarez: bound in blood. will try to post initial thoughts/scores later.

leucocyte

Ralizah

Wait, we got all the CoD games on PS3 except for the original Modern Warfare?

Anyway:

Call of Duty 3 - 2

This list is terrible.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

PSN: Ralizah

leucocyte

@Ralizah - we already rated CoD: Modern Warfare, which is why it's not in the list, otherwise yeah it is every other CoD game. i can't imagine anyone here has played ghosts, advanced warfare, or black ops 3 on PS3, as they were all released on PS4. probably a better way to allocate the list, would be to do it alternately, rather than just the next 33 in the list, so no team gets a big whack of the same franchise. we've already had all the assassin's creed and call of duty games, probably two of the ten biggest console franchises today.

leucocyte

Ralizah

@leucocyte Ahaha, I completely forgot. Well, thanks for the reminder.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

PSN: Ralizah

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.