Forums

Topic: Team [404 - Team Name Not Found] Deliberation Station

Posts 21 to 40 of 500

themcnoisy

@Jaz007 Agreed. Either way it's cool.

I've been doing some homework on the Ben 10 games.

Ben 10: Omniverse D3 Publisher - Not Important
Ben 10: Omniverse 2 D3 Publisher - Pointless
Ben 10 Ultimate Alien: Cosmic Destruction D3 Publisher - Not important

They are my results. Pretty sure we had

Owned Cosmic Destruction when Ben 10 was big news, it wasn't good. I have downgraded Omniverse 2, it's apparently worse than the first Omniverse and Ben 10 was out of fashion by that point too.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Th3solution

@Jaz007 @themcnoisy @RogerRoger @Frigate @TheIronChimp
I am very fond of Arkham City. I have a hard time being objective because I loved that game so much. It was a perfect storm of revisiting an awesome franchise established by Asylum, a wealth of activities in the open world, so fun to explore, and came at the right time in my life and around the same time as the Christopher Nolan trilogy, which I was really into as well. The total package to me was more than a sum of its parts. I can go along with the idea that it probably shouldn’t be as highly rated as it’s predecessor based on the rating criteria, but to me it’s close to very important too.
*There are five categories (Very Important, Important, Existing, Not Important, and Pointless) — Unless Noisy is trying to establish the categories like a bell-curve, statistically speaking each category will have about 20% of the games. ...20% of 1442 is 288. So is Arkham City in the top 288 games on the PS3? I think it is. Again, it didn’t reinvent the wheel as it relates to the ground breaking combat like Asylum did, and it wasn’t the first open world, grappling hook, multiple secrets, puzzle solving playground of a game either — but it put all the elements together so well. At least for me it did.

Now that I’ve beat that horse... changing the subject - No one has played Bionic Commando or Binary Domain? Both names seem to be familiar to me, which means they must have some kind of fan base.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

themcnoisy

@Th3solution Nice follow up on Batman mate. Looks like it's heading into very important.

I've played Bionic Commando Rearmed on 360 (which wasn't great) but not this version. I've googled it and it was an average action game by the looks of things. Maybe it could head into Not Important.

Th3solution

@themcnoisy I read a little on Bionic Commando as well and agree with the ‘not important’ stipulation. A run of the mill action game, nothing much of influence
Binary Domain seemed more well received. Looks like it has some MP function that was poorly functioning but at least there. Has a small following. I place at ‘existing’

I also researched a couple others - the Bakugan games. Apparently based on an anime, which I haven’t seen, and rather forgettable card based games it seems. Bakugan Battle Brawlers actually has reasonable reviews and has a niche following for the anime and card game genre, so I figure ‘existing’. But Defenders of the Core seems worse and even the most generous reviews says it’s barely mediocre. Very few reviews are even on Metacritic so I say ‘pointless’
That’s all the time I’ve had for research so far. Work is busy this week. I’m going to put up my votes so far for @Jaz007 to consider...

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Th3solution

@Jaz007 @themcnoisy @RogerRoger @Frigate @TheIronChimp

My votes so far are here.
Rather than write it out, I assigned a ‘1’ to Very Important and sequentially numbered the categories down to ‘5’ which is pointless. Sorry if that’s confusing.

I have bolded the score of a game I feel I can double vote on.

3~Bakugan Battle Brawlers Now Production
5~Bakugan: Defenders of the Core Now Production
BandFuse: Rock Legends Realta Entertainment Group
Band Hero Neversoft
4~Barbie & Her Sisters: Puppy Rescue Torus Games
1>Batman: Arkham City Rocksteady Studios
3~Batman: Arkham Origins WB Games Montréal
3>Batman: The Telltale Series Telltale Games
Battle Fantasia Arc System Works
Battle vs. Chess Targem Games / Zuxxez Entertainment
2~Battlefield 3 EA Digital Illusions CE
1~Battlefield 4 EA Digital Illusions CE
4~Battlefield Hardline EA Digital Illusions CE
3~Battlefield: Bad Company EA Digital Illusions CE
1~Battlefield: Bad Company 2 EA Digital Illusions CE
Battleship Double Helix Games
1>Bayonetta PlatinumGames
Beat Sketcher SCE Japan Studio
3~The Beatles: Rock Band Harmonix Music Systems
3~Beijing 2008 Eurocom
2~Bejeweled 3 PopCap Games
Ben 10: Galactic Racing D3 Publisher
4-Ben 10: Omniverse D3 Publisher
5-Ben 10: Omniverse 2 D3 Publisher
4-Ben 10 Ultimate Alien: Cosmic Destruction D3 Publisher
4~Beowulf: The Game Ubisoft Shanghai
2~Beyond: Two Souls Quantic Dream
4~Bionic Commando GRIN
3~Binary Domain Sega Japan

My guess is the games I haven’t assigned a category to are mostly going to be either pointless or not important. I’ll try to update after research though, unless I read anyone’s thoughts here that know those games more intimately.

themcnoisy

@Th3solution almost there Sol great roundup. I would be inclined to put Rockband Beatles into Not Important. That was released at the back end of the plastic instruments craze. By going with specific groups they lost what was important to the fad. Inadvertently finding new music you enjoy.

Th3solution

@themcnoisy Yeah, I couldn’t remember the order that those Rock Band games came out. The oversaturation of the market happened so quickly, that I lost track. You make a good point. I guess just being associated with The Beatles, arguably the most influential band of all time, made it elevate in my mind — but we are judging the game, not the game’s music, which would certainly be considered among the most important music in the modern era. It’s hard to separate that, but if I do consider the game itself’s influence then you are absolutely correct. It didn’t nothing to propel video gaming and it actually was amongst the final nails in the coffin for musical accessory rhythm games. Good point.

Edited on by Th3solution

themcnoisy

@Frigate great round up on the other page too. Very good. Playing 20 of the games is a massive help with this batch. Thanks bro.

themcnoisy

@Th3solution Funnily I used to drink in the Cavern (made popular by the Beatles) regularly and my mates band were regulars in there. I live in Merseyside and have been to Penny Lane etc. They are big time in this part of the world. But yeah similar to the singing games once they went artist exclusive aka ABBA it kind of stops the vibe of when you get 30 random songs and there's inevitably a song you will try.

@Jaz007 @Th3solution @Frigate @RogerRoger @TheIronChimp has anyone played Beat sketcher? I know less than nothing about that one.

RogerRoger

@Jaz007 To clarify, I've only played (to full completion, multiple times) the Batman games on our current list. My votes towards them are copied below, so please count these as double.

Batman: Arkham City - Important
Batman: Arkham Origins - Important
Batman: The Telltale Series - Existing

In future, I'll make sure I differentiate games I've played more clearly; sorry about that.

For now, I won't continue the bat-talk because everybody's done a great job of setting out their arguments for and / or against certain categorisations for both the Arkham games in question. I'm happy to go with the team's consensus, especially since I'm very aware of my personal opinion being incredibly strong here and possibly clouding my judgement (and let's face it, I'm not exactly "mainstream" on my best day).

Worst case, and being totally honest with my comrades? I'll use a Team Veto to get Origins alongside City, depending on how vetoes work. I don't wanna use one up right out of the gate, but Origins means a HECK of a lot to me and I really, really don't like large parts of City.

But that's just me.

And yes, I didn't give Barbie the lowest classification for much the same reason @themcnoisy mentioned above. The PS3 was the tail-end of really widespread, systemic "gaming is for boys" prejudice and so I'm not gonna unnecessarily persecute one of the very few examples of a game made specifically for girls (although anybody can and should play anything they want to). It may have been a dumpster fire, but I give it a point for being important to gaming in general.

Feel free to argue differently; I don't think anybody could or would call it sexist to do so (in fact, my attitude could even be regarded as positive discrimination, something I personally can't stand, so please have at it if you feel strongly enough and want Barbie at the bottom of the list).

With those points answered, I'll look to research the games I've yet to classify (@themcnoisy including Beat Sketcher 'cause nope, I'd never even heard of it before) and will provide an updated list for the Captain's consideration ahead of the weekend.

Edited on by RogerRoger

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Jaz007

Alright team, I don’t think beat sketcher was a retail release, but just a digital one. It’s a paint for the move on the PS3 from my skimming of it. But not being retail, I don’t think we’ll be judging it after all.

Jaz007

themcnoisy

@Jaz007 @Frigate well there we go. Looks pretty good and something I would play with the family. But as it wasn't retail in Pal or America its toast. its time in the cup is over.

themcnoisy

@Jaz007 let's do it mate. My final votes will be on the next comment.

themcnoisy

Noisy final votes

Bakugan Battle Brawlers Now Production - Existing

Bakugan: Defenders of the Core Now Production - Not Important

BandFuse: Rock Legends Realta Entertainment Group - Not Important

Band Hero Neversoft - Existing🎮

Barbie & Her Sisters: Puppy Rescue Torus Games - Not Important - 🎮

Batman: Arkham City Rocksteady Studios - [B] Very Important[B] - 🎮

Batman: Arkham Origins WB Games Montréal - Existing

Batman: The Telltale Series Telltale Games - Not Important 🎮

Battle Fantasia Arc System Works -?

Battle vs. Chess Targem Games / Zuxxez Entertainment - Existing

Battlefield 3 EA Digital Illusions CE - Important🎮

Battlefield 4 EA Digital Illusions CE - Very Important

Battlefield Hardline EA Digital Illusions CE - Not Important

Battlefield: Bad Company EA Digital Illusions CE - Existing🎮

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 EA Digital Illusions CE - Very Important🎮

Battleship Double Helix Games - Pointless

Bayonetta PlatinumGames - Very Important🎮

Beat Sketcher SCE Japan Studio - Excluded

The Beatles: Rock Band Harmonix Music Systems - Not Important🎮

Beijing 2008 Eurocom - Important

Bejeweled 3 PopCap Games - Important🎮

Ben 10: Galactic Racing D3 Publisher - Pointless

Ben 10: Omniverse D3 Publisher - Not Important

Ben 10: Omniverse 2 D3 Publisher - Pointless

Ben 10 Ultimate Alien: Cosmic Destruction D3 Publisher - Existing🎮

Beowulf: The Game Ubisoft Shanghai?

Beyond: Two Souls Quantic Dream - Very Important

Bionic Commando GRIN - Existing

Binary Domain Sega Japan - Existing

Edited on by themcnoisy

Jaz007

@themcnoisy quick question about bejeweled. Did the people you know who played it play it on PC or PS3!

Jaz007

themcnoisy

@Jaz007 I played it. Bejeweled 2 and 3. My Wife played it. My best friend and his wife played it. My other mate and his gf played it. My brothers wife played it and my son used to play it. So it was popular in my own circle so to speak. We all played on last gen consoles.

Jaz007

@themcnoisy Could you edit your list to show what you’ve played?

Jaz007

themcnoisy

@Jaz007 done it mate I put a 🎮 next to the games I have played.

Edited on by themcnoisy

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.