Forums

Topic: All 1442 PlayStation 3 games need rating in order - I need you!

Posts 361 to 380 of 1,292

themcnoisy

@BAMozzy Its just one per team.

There's another way to look at the which you are not really considering and that is we can comment in other team threads as has been mentioned before. For instance if Gundam Warriors 3 gets mentioned and its not in my teams list of games. I am sure as hell going to make my case for it being the best Warriors game ever made.

Come on Bam that's the last comment on Vetos, reevaluated games etc unless something badly goes wrong later down the line.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

kyleforrester87

Saw the word backstop up there somewhere.

I’m out 😂

But for reals, I am keeping tabs on this, it’s quite interesting reading everyones thoughts on games. Bam, I don’t mean for this to be rude as you make a lot of good points
and you’re often very knowledgable in areas but you absolutely need to be more succinct when making your case here, it’s almost smothering. Again I really don’t mean to be rude, your lengthy posts often have purpose but I don’t think it’ll do anyone favours as you try to move through such a vast number of games.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

BAMozzy

@themcnoisy I am not enjoying this anymore so therefore I am out!!

I am sorry mate but I cannot participate and give up any of my free time for something I do not enjoy or believe in - that despite even trying to offer a solution so that everyone has an equal voice and offering to manage this side of the rating system to ensure that it didn't impact on the individual group stage, I cannot do more or be a part of this.

@ZeD was the vice captain so it makes sense to promote them and FGS now makes all the teams equal in number.

Its nothing personal against anyone person at all inc yourself and wish you all luck and have fun. I am sorry I have wasted anyones time, especially if you have taken the time to read all my 'essays' but its something I truly believed was for the benefit of all of us and not feel undermined, 'out-voted' or wasting your time.

Maybe I am wrong, in that but I felt strongly that no one should have autonomy and everyone should have an equal voice - whether they do in reality or not as I believe, I cannot carry on whilst I feel this way. I would also be letting my team down by participating whilst I have no interest or care anymore so the best thing to do is to withdraw and to let everyone remaining to have fun and enjoy without my essays and any negativity from myself spoiling it for everyone else.

Have fun y'all...

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

leucocyte

i think we need to look at how the games are assigned to teams as well. this week we've got 12 cabela hunting games, and as far as i know nobody in our team has played any of them, and i'd be tempted to put all of them in the pointless category on principle. we've also got 9 call of duty games. if the games were dished out alternately, then each team would have had 3 from each franchise.

leucocyte

themcnoisy

@leucocyte It's in alphabetical order. I understand the frustration of that but you will get a better list of games next time I promise.

ZeD

@leucocyte It is crazy that we have 21 games in just two franchises. The cabela games are niche as hell and I would agree to put them in the pointless as I feel no one has a clue hot to rank them.

ZeD

PSN: KratosRisesAgain | Twitter:

themcnoisy

@ZeD Yup sucks to be rating Cabela hunting games. Not as bad as playing them though.

Sorry for mixing yourself and @leucocyte up in the earlier comment. But with @BAMozzy out how do you feel about running things on your team?

We can all have a fresh start and you can have the always entertaining @kyleforrester87 join you too.

ZeD

@themcnoisy I am just trying to read through what I have missed (I forgot to mark to follow this thread) and I still have no idea!
I do not mind running the team.

ZeD

PSN: KratosRisesAgain | Twitter:

kyleforrester87

@themcnoisy what can I say, if I felt I had time to consistently commit I’d have put myself forward to help initially, I seem to have so much going on at the moment which made me reluctant but if you want to put me on a team and I’ll be of any use to whoever’s running it i’ll happily help as much as I can.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

themcnoisy

@kyleforrester87 nice one brother!

You are now on @Zed team Microtransactions. You will find out on the PS3 sub forum. Thank you Zed.

Octane

@kyleforrester87 in the micro-transactions team. It was all meant to happen, wasn't it?

Anyway, @themcnoisy, not sure how you keep track of the games, but is it possible to randomise them? I think that saves everyone the trouble of digging through twenty FIFA games when the time comes.

Octane

BAMozzy

@kyleforrester87 No idea what you said or where you said it. I do know that often I get carried away with my typing and often don't realise how much I have actually typed. Just like I have the option to type that much, people have the option to skip right by it too if they so desire.

Anyway, I will keep this one uncharacteristically short and wish you all fun and merriment through this endeavour...

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

themcnoisy

@Octane after this round they will be. I will make sure there's a max of 4 games in a franchise.

Th3solution

I feel like I’ve just attended the Constitutional Convention for the framing of the governing of a new nation.

Now I know how James Madison, George Washington, and Alexander Hamilton felt.

Sorry if that references a little too close to Assassin’s Creed 3 (which was robbed by the way)

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

themcnoisy

@Th3solution I was thinking more Assassins creed unity pre patch.

Jaz007

@Th3solution You sir, deserve a cookie for that post.
@themcnoisy So what’s changed exactly? I’m not looking through that Great Wall of Pushsquare text again.

Jaz007

themcnoisy

@Jaz007 Once the list is locked by midnight on Saturday (or b4) we then have until Monday to have a solitary appeal as a team against one games placement.

Honestly no idea why I'm writing this. That sucks.

Vetos are back baby!

RogerRoger

We're going back to having veto powers?

Aww... and just when I got promoted to a snazzy, all-powerful position which I totally would've abused and corrupted to promote LEGO games and licenced shovelware.

Gosh darn it!

This entire debate has been fascinating but must've also been really frustrating for both sides. I'm sorry to see it's resulted in a valued member of the PushSquare Community walking away from the process, but I respect anybody who is self-aware enough to say "hey, y'know what, this isn't for me" and equally am glad that the original intent of this endeavour will be upheld. It's also a testament to everybody, both involved and observing, that everything has remained so polite and respectful; in many other corners of the internet, such a dispute would've been a nightmare.

The PS3 was part of the first console generation in which developers could release buggy, slightly-unfinished games and patch out the problems later on. By having this debate after our inaugural round, I'd say that we've honoured the generation we're here to analyse.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.