Forums

Topic: All 1442 PlayStation 3 games need rating in order - I need you!

Posts 221 to 240 of 1,292

RogerRoger

@AdamNovice I would, but I'm having barrel trouble.

Untitled

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Jaz007

@Frigate @RogerRoger @Th3solution @themcnoisy Well, I had a voting idea, but I think I because of time I’ll make a selection.
Arkham Asylum has importance and all other games factors, it’s influence and expectations for licensed games and games in general are incredible and have been a big factor. I’ve heard some good arguments and support for this.
Uncharted 2. From importance and tech this game is astounding and it’s cinematic style is still being done in many games today. The arguments I’ve heard for this one have been really good.
Persona 5 for what it’s done for the JRPG genre and doing very well in all categories. Now, I almost feel bad for choking it because I know that fact I have a stronger emotional connection to it than any other game affects my decision a bit, but at the same time, some very solid arguments are there for it. So this will be our final list unless anyone decides I’m abusing power with P5.
And I did have a voting system in mind after we narrowed it down, but I also noticed @RogerRoger’s captain’s choice idea, which might be simpler for you guys, and would be after the group narrows it down once we’ve all heard the arguments. Any of you have any preferences on whether I come up with a voting system or we use the “captain’s preference?” And thanks for the support guys. It really helps.

Jaz007

Gremio108

@AdamNovice Just catching up with this thread. I think any of those three could easily be placed in that category. I'd be happy with any of them to be honest.

As for the pointless, I've never played Sonic 06 so I can't comment, but since I'm a massive 2D snob when it comes to Sonic, I'll happily go with it.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

RogerRoger

Team [404 Team Name Not Found]
@Jaz007 (Captain) @Frigate @RogerRoger @Th3solution @themcnoisy

I think, when the ranking gets underway proper, it's gonna be a "one team at a time" approach and work a little differently than this somewhat-chaotic prologue. We'll have a little more space to think and make a decision on a voting system or other workable process (and I think something was said about everybody having a veto, maybe?) without having to keep track of who said what and when.

In the immediate, I just kinda wanted to make sure we actually made a decision in these crazy first couple days, before the deadline (and my OCD was going nuts with all the overlapping teams). That isn't to say that I don't trust our good Captain's judgement; quite the opposite in fact, but a vote would seem more balanced for the ranking proper. Maybe the "Captain's Prerogative" could be used to break any voting deadlocks or settle any unresolved debates before each deadline? A little bit of authority always helps keep things on track.

These are all just random suggestions before we get underway; happy to go with the team, support any different ideas or indeed, defer to the Captain's judgement.

Anyway, is that our final list of nominations? Any last-minute objections?

Very Important:

• Batman: Arkham Asylum
  • Persona 5
  • Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Pointless:

• Get Fit with Mel B

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

themcnoisy

Almost there people. It closes at 10pm.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Jaz007

@RogerRoger @Frigate (@TheMCnoisy @th3solution) I agree with you guys about a voting system; I just wanted to make sure I did something easy enough and what you guys wanted. . I’m thinking we could pick games for each category, with importance giving them the most, and then each time we go down the list of tech, art, opinion it gives less points. We also might have a thinning process are something. I’m not sure how each team will be assigned games yet, I have ideas of how to possibly tackle this.

Jaz007

themcnoisy

Final votes for the prolouge;

The Micro Transactions

Very Important
Uncharted: Drakes Fortune
Assassin's Creed 2
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

and the Pointless game is:-
Ride to Hell: Retribution

Team Knack Attack Six Pack

Very Important:
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
The Last of Us
Journey

Pointless: Sonic 06

404 Team Not Found

Very Important:
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Persona 5
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Pointless:
Get Fit with Mel B

CoD 4 goes through twice. Thanks for taking part so far everyone. Now here comes the schedule.

@Bamozzy as your team had the result in first on Tuesday you will be given 15 games for you and the members of TMX. You will then have until Thursday to put the in respective brackets. You will then get another batch on Friday.

@AdamNovice as your team had the results in second you will get your first batch on Wednesday for Knack Attack Six Pack and the results in by Friday. You will then get another batch on Saturday.

@Jaz007 you will get your batch on Thursday with the results due in on Saturday with the next batch hitting on Sunday.

This thread will stay open as it would be a pity to lose all the work thus far. So there will not be a new thread!

1) Now could be a good time to pick a vice captain.

2) Everyone has 3 team Vetos and 2 thread wide vetos for the next section. A veto can override a decision. Once someone has used a veto the decision of that user is final. So you can't veto a veto.

3) This will take ages.

AdamNovice

@themcnoisy All sounds good but would it be better if each team has it's own individual thread to rank, vote and discuss the games then when we've made our decisions we can come back here to lock our rankings in? It's just right now on the current schedule Bamozzy's team will still be deciding on the day my team starts and it won't be ideal trying to keep up with my team's comments amongst anothers others.

Also I'm a little confused by the veto rules. I get the team vetos but what's the thread wide ones?

Edited on by AdamNovice

AdamNovice

Twitter:

Jaz007

@AdamNovice @themcnoisy I agree with adamnovice. It’s hard to keep track of what’s going on with 3 teams in one thread. If we had separate threads it would make the discussion process much easier.

Jaz007

themcnoisy

@AdamNovice @Jaz007 @BAMozzy Team vetos are if you don't agree with a decision on your team after it's locked in (this may happen rarely) . Thread wide vetos are in case you see another team take a game and put it in the wrong pile (very likely to happen).

OK cool scratch that idea of staggering the games we will all make threads for our teams which will work even better. You can all name and make a thread for your teams.

The games you have will be given in this thread and then the locked in decisions will be put into this thread too. That would be way easier. Good work @AdamNovice

Ralizah

@themcnoisy How exactly would you go about using a team veto? Just say "I veto this decision by my team?" Who re-deliberates the position of the game after it's vetoed?

Also, who keeps track of vetoes? Does each team just track their own?

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

themcnoisy

@Ralizah you track it yourself. I trust you. It's to be used in case you have a favourite of yours being pushed down by a group just because no one else likes it. Let's say if Final Fantasy 13 is put in the existing group by a different team you can use a veto and raise it to Important or Very important.

I forgot to add vetos can only push a game up not down.

Th3solution

@Jaz007 I sure can. Whatever you need me to do. I am out of town this week and have very spotty cellular and internet coverage. But by Saturday or Sunday I should be back to my normal checking of Push Square several times a day.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Ralizah

themcnoisy wrote:

@Ralizah you track it yourself. I trust you. It's to be used in case you have a favourite of yours being pushed down by a group just because no one else likes it. Let's say if Final Fantasy 13 is put in the existing group by a different team you can use a veto and raise it to Important or Very important.

God forbid.

Thanks, though. That makes sense. The team veto feels like it'd be sort of a betrayal of the exceedingly fair democratic process our team leader has concocted, though, so I'll try not to use those if I can help it.

themcnoisy wrote:

I forgot to add vetos can only push a game up not down.

That makes sense. That way, if I have a bug up my butt about a game that's otherwise universally popular (which actually is pretty normal for me, considering my so-called "eclectic" tastes), I can't just impose my will on others. If Valkyria Chronicles or Ni no Kuni ends up being judged by a group that is allergic to very Japanese games, though, I can rescue them from an unfair fate.

Edited on by Ralizah

BAMozzy

Ralizah wrote:

The team veto feels like it'd be sort of a betrayal of the painfully fair democratic process our team leader has concocted...

I don't know if I should take this as a compliment or a criticism...

What I do know though is that we as a team were the first to lock down our 3 and 1...

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

Ralizah

@BAMozzy In general, I like to think that people being fair is a good thing, so I'd say it's safe to take it as a compliment.

BAMozzy

@Ralizah I do too but 'Painfully' in front of the 'fair' made it seem less complimentary - as if I shouldn't have been as fair - hence my comment.

Anyway, to keep things fair, I will not be naming a Vice Captain but will instead be letting the team (@ZeD @Rudy_Manchego @LieutenantFatman @Ralizah @leucocyte) decide on who they think will be the 'best' person to fulfil this role.

The ONLY stipulations are that they MUST be active and frequently on Push Square for the duration of this. If they have an extensive experience of PS3 games, that is preferred. I think its only fair that the person(s) who think they can meet these requirements to put themselves forward. As I don't know everybody in my team and who exactly would be the 'best' person for the role, I think its only fair that I give everyone a chance to put their name forward. If I don't get anybody, then I will decide who will be Vice Captain. If you don't feel you can put your own name forward, you can nominate someone else.

This maybe 'painfully fair' but short of me picking a name out of a hat, I would rather get someone who can actually deputise by being online and hopefully having a reasonable experience of the PS3 era.

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

Ralizah

@BAMozzy I changed the word to clarify my intentions, then.

I never actually owned the console, so I'll rule myself out early.

@ZeD @Rudy_Manchego @LieutenantFatman @leucocyte

No idea who to vote for. Can each of you speak on these two questions for me?

1) Can you be online enough to justify the appointment?
2) How experienced are you with the system's library?

Edited on by Ralizah

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.