Forums

Topic: All 1442 PlayStation 3 games need rating in order - I need you!

Posts 21 to 40 of 1,292

RogerRoger

I adore the sound of this, and not just because I've kinda recently rediscovered the joys of PS3 gaming and realised how much I love the console.

Count me all kinds of in, please!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

AdamNovice

Well I've had a PS3 since 2009 and probably played nearly 300 odd games so I like to believe I can help out where I can.

AdamNovice

Twitter:

Th3solution

So I guess that makes a quorum. Are we closing the team here?

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Th3solution

@Frigate Ha, ha! Thanks. Every now and then I like to use what my dad would call a “50 cent word.” I figure all the wordsmiths here on the forums appreciate it. 😉

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Fight_Teza_Fight

@themcnoisy I'm in the midst of Kingdom Hearts 3. Will be going back to Teza once it's done haha.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

KALofKRYPTON

How about we just throw up Warhawk, M.A.G, Resistance 3, Killzone 2/3, Time Crisis 4 and House of the Dead: Overkill and go home?

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

themcnoisy

@RogerRoger @AdamNovice Thank you boys! That makes 14 and with that we are closing the team as @Th3solution mentioned.

Obviously it's an open forum so anyone can join in. However we now have 2 groups of 7 so we can run the work even quicker, in less than 2 weeks a new thread will open and there will be 15 games and we have to pigeon hole them to start with. I will let you know the rules when it all kicks off and throw out a bunch of ats so you know we are starting up.

Thanks again everyone! Exciting.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

themcnoisy

@ZeD you can join the team too!

It's going to be more fun working out what some of the more obscure games are.

themcnoisy

@ZeD nothing yet. What we are doing initially is putting all 1442 PS3 games into 5 brackets. Very Important, Important, existing, unimportant and pointless. Initially its not about finding our own best games as that will come later.

The whole project will be based on these criteria in order as we see the games today. Primarily on importance to gaming in general, followed by technological achievement, then by artistic merit and then finally personal opinion.

Once the games are in the 5 brackets we will be voting over the top 3 groups (very important, Important and existing) and deciding by comitee the positions of the bottom games.

I more excited to see the bottom 100 games than the top 100!

themcnoisy

So thank you for all joining in. It will all start in around 12 days time. Obviously this can all go wrong but we will see and I have faith!

themcnoisy

Okay team the new thread will be open from Tuesday the 19th!

We have 15 people who will initially participate. So we can get into 3 teams. As I want this to be as impartial as possible I will not be a team captain. This person will basically collate all of the views expressed by each team and write the final answer once we start proper. I am choosing the captains based on time spent with Pushsquare so step forward @AdamNovice @Jaz007 @BAMozzy who will be taking turns to pick other users to their teams. If I have got that wrong please let me know.

BAMozzy

@themcnoisy The 'fairest' way may well be to look at everyone's length of time with PushSquare and split the people up that way with 1-3 being the captains, 4-6 vice captains - 1&6 go together, 2&5, 3&4 - essentially balancing out everyone otherwise you may end up with a group that has perhaps limited knowledge or experience on the range of PS3 games compared to another group if people pick.

The teams would therefore be made up like this:
where 1, 2 & 3 are 'captains' and 4, 5 and 6 are 'vice-captains' - just based on length of membership - all of which can be found out easily and therefore is unbiased. You could pick a different criteria for example, Playstation Gamerscore with the highest being 'number 1' in this.

Ideally, it would make more sense to try and balance out everyone to spread the knowledge and/or experience out the most. If there is a 'valid' method, such as basing it purely on length of time a PushSquare member or PS Gamerscore, then its still impartial and cannot be contested or upset someone for being picked last - there is a logic set in place so there is NO bias or reason to be 'upset'. The method I suggest would generally even out the amount of time spent as a member of PushSquare essentially or PS gamerscore - as there is little else to go on.

Of course this is up to you but I think this would be 'fair' and a reasonable way to compile the groups in a totally unbiased way and not upset or unbalance the groups...

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

LieutenantFatman

I have played many PS3 games over the years (over 200 I think) so would happily help if you think I may be of assistance. Sounds like fun.

LieutenantFatman

leucocyte

i've played about 150-200 or so. though my opinion on what are the best games depends on the context it's asked. i played a LOT more multiplayer on PS3 particularly KZ2/3, BFBC1/2 and CoD:MW (in general i thought mp was MUCH better last gen) .. though none of those games are near the top for campaigns/single player.

leucocyte

BAMozzy

@leucocyte I guess it really does depend on context - Modern Warfare was a great single player campaign - some very strong missions that were fresh and new back then but there were stronger single player focussed games and 12yrs later, it may not have the same impact now. I enjoyed Killzone 2's campaign as well and whilst KZ3 wasn't the best campaign admittedly, it was a stronger MP than 2. I also enjoyed the Resistance trilogy although I didn't really bother with the MP's too much because I had CoD, BF and numerous others on Xbox too. BioShock 2 and Dead Space 2 MP's were awful but they had decent campaigns. I think Black Ops 1 and 2 were stronger as Campaigns than 3 and 4 - 4 didn't have one of course... Ghosts, which people seem to be very negative about, was a good Campaign and the MP was great too - just became too much of the same thing (I think) so got a bad rep - People were saying that Titanfall and the advanced Movement was what CoD was lacking and therefore would overtake 'CoD', make it look even more dated and slow - we know how that turned out

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

AdamNovice

@themcnoisy Thanks for making me captain mate. If we're picking team members now then I choose your fine self.

Scratch that. After reading @Bamozzy suggestion I think that's a fairer system.

Edited on by AdamNovice

AdamNovice

Twitter:

leucocyte

@BAMozzy - absolutely, at the time, i thought CoD:MW's campaign was very good, and i even played through the remaster a couple of times as well, and it still holds up well today imo. it certainly has more standout/memorable moments than most of the other CoD campaigns.. but by the time the PS3 era was closing in 2013, i wouldn't rate it as one of the best. i enjoyed both killzone campaigns more, and the resistance 3 campaign more than any of those (sticking with the linear FPS formula). i still tend to think of KZ as more of an multiplayer game though, as i played 500+ hours on each, and both games had fairly large and longlived communities, certainly far more than shadowfall, where the playerbase fell off a cliff pretty early on. tbh, i didn't get far in bioshock 2, the sp wasn't much good either imo. i prefer bioshock infinite the best of the three games. dead space 2 was great, the mp was a bit pointless.. but i'd rate it highly just for the campaign. for me, titanfall 2's campaign was pretty generic and not much better than average, albeit well presented/executed. there are numerous examples where the single player component is really good and the multiplayer is dreadful or a pointless exercise in ticking a box and vice versa.. so when it comes to ranking, a context becomes relevant.

leucocyte

Kidfried

@themcnoisy Niet that it matters, but I've been a member for longer than BAM!

Kidfried

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.