Forums

Topic: All 1442 PlayStation 3 games need rating in order - I need you!

Posts 1,201 to 1,220 of 1,292

HallowMoonshadow

RogerRoger wrote:

It had never occurred to me, at any point over the last twenty years, that a Battle Droid's signature reply could be heard like that

That's what your username is @RogerRoger ! Thought I recognised it and just never got around to asking what it actually was lol

LieutenantFatman wrote:

The way I see it, we'll always get games that won't get the recognition they deserve as they're just not mainstream enough or the name just isn't as well known

Too true @LieutenantFatman 👏

Helps though that most of the games I've played on PS3 are nicely placed out across the entire list.

And yeah my list was completely and utterly biased... Everything I've voted/done since we stopped sorting them into the 5 groups has been rather biased

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

RogerRoger

@LieutenantFatman Completely agreed, on both points.

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy When I first joined, my avatar was a looping .gif of Battle Droids marching into battle, so it made more sense back then!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

themcnoisy

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy @RogerRoger @LieutenantFatman @Th3solution @Frigate @mookysam @Ralizah Thank you for the votes everyone. I can't believe we are in the final week, at one point I didn't think we would get passed talking about vetos! Thanks for sticking with it, being the mother of all forum polls - you have all made it possible!

As for this finals round I am a tad concerned certain games are splitting the vote - Mass Effect 2 / ME trilogy. The pair of Rayman games (Ralizah shares the same opinion that the origins was a seminal game - legends was a mish mash) But it is what it is. My top picks are all still in my opinion the best at what they do; Mass Effect 2 the best Sci fi story driven game, Burnout Paradise the best arcade racer, Super SF4 the best 2d fighter, Disgaea 4 the best tactical RPG etc.

I'm keeping the final result a surprise and have no idea how things lie. Roll on Wednesday.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

themcnoisy

@ZeD Top job mate. Work gets in the way of everything.

leucocyte

@themcnoisy - i seem to have missed all the notifications for this topic since last week!.

64 - The Last of Us Naughty Dog
62 - Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Naughty Dog
60 - Mass Effect 2 BioWare / Electronic Arts
58 - Killzone 2 Guerrilla Games
56 - BioShock Infinite Irrational Games
54 - Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Infinity Ward
52 - Resistance 3 Insomniac Games
50 - God of War III SCE Santa Monica Studio
48 - Uncharted: Drake's Fortune Naughty Dog
46 - LittleBigPlanet Media Molecule
44 - inFAMOUS 2 Sucker Punch Productions
42 - Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time Insomniac Games
40 - Dead Space 2 Visceral Games
38 - Ico & Shadow of the Colossus Collection Team Ico
36 - Assassin's Creed II Ubisoft Montreal
34 - Batman: Arkham City Rocksteady Studios
32 - Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock Neversoft
30 - Portal 2 Valve Corporation
28 - Borderlands 2 Gearbox Software
26 - Diablo III Blizzard Entertainment
24 - Heavy Rain Quantic Dream
22 - inFAMOUS Sucker Punch Productions
20 - Dead Space EA Redwood Shores
18 - The Orange Box EA UK / Valve Corporation
16 - Batman: Arkham Asylum
14 - FIFA 09
12 - Mass Effect Trilogy
10 - BioShock Irrational Games / 2K Marin
08 - Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Square Enix
06 - The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Bethesda Game Studios
04 - Dragon Age: Origins BioWare
02 - Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots Kojima Productions

leucocyte

HallowMoonshadow

... Well I'm the only person so far to rate -EDIT- Fallout New Vegas higher then 3... AND Oblivion over Skyrim

You're the only one @themcnoisy to put the original Bioshock over infinite (technically cus you didn't even rate Infinite lol)

Interesting to see how everyone's voted... I thought Dark Souls might be higher up on a few peoples lists.

Poor Demon's Souls hasn't been on anyone's list 'sides mine and Frigate's 😅

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

LieutenantFatman

@themcnoisy
I swapped Disgaea 4 into my list, is that ok?
I would have given it points to begin with but got it confused with 3. I thought 4 was much more entertaining.

LieutenantFatman

RogerRoger

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy I voted for Rayman Legends, but didn't vote for Rayman Origins.

The others, yeah, you're on your own. But I'm with you as far as limbless musical platforming goes!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

HallowMoonshadow

So you did @RogerRoger ! Sorry I missed that

Them musical levels were awesome! It's a shame there was only six though and the music party one was just a harder version of the existing ones

RogerRoger

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy No apology necessary; just wanted you to know that you aren't alone!

And yes, they were. They're basically why I gave it points. Such a simple idea, perfectly executed; a unique experience in gaming, and worthy of respect.

Making It So Since 1987

themcnoisy

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy @RogerRoger woah Black Betty fam a lam. That was the music track at the end of world 1.

@LieutenantFatman that's fine. 4 is the best in the series. My personal ratings are 4 - 2 - 1 - 5 - 3. There are 2 versions of D2 but I have absolutely no idea what the difference is, my copy had an amazing anime war going on as an extra and was awesome. So yes feel free to change it dood.

themcnoisy

@leucocyte no panic bro. Stellar job as always. Extra points for Fifa 09 (a few years before it became cack) and LBP. Nice.

RogerRoger

@themcnoisy I was always more partial to "Eye of the Tiger" played on a Flamenco guitar, but yeah!

Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@LieutenantFatman Yeah, it’s an interesting point. On one hand, we should celebrate the trend setting and influential nature of say, a Dark Souls because it gave rise to countless imitations and inspired many future games (same could be say to an extent to COD, Uncharted, Assassin’s Creed, Batman Arkham Asylum, God of War, etc, etc.)
On the other hand, some of these games, like Valkyria Chronicles, deserve kudos because they made something great that was was never really replicated, copied, or improved upon (or wasn’t a copycat itself of something else) and I think that too is worthy of merit in its own way. (other examples include Shadow of the Colossus, Portal 2, Heavy Rain, Journey, and Little Big Planet). It’s an interesting question: which is the more influential piece of gaming art — the game that inspires multiple popular knock-offs, or the game that is great and stands alone as the only one of its kind.

On the subject of ranking these, I also had some trouble ranking remasters, re-releases, and cross gen games. To me, Persona 5 is a PS4 game primarily, so it is not a great defining game of the PS3 era. Same could be said of MGS5. I actually like MGS5 better than MGS4, but I ranked MGS4 higher as a more seminal PS3 game because it is only on that console and MGS5 is best experienced on PS4. Another is AC4 - better on this gen. Same for Shadow of the Colossus — one of my favorite games of all time, but it’s definitive experience is on PS4, not PS3, so I ranked it lower than other games. And FFX is one of the best PS2 games, but I don’t see it as a PS3 game, despite it being an HD improved version.

Anyway, I guess it is better explained that I gave bonus points to games that were originally developed for the Ps3, not for another generation. To me these define the PS3. Uncharted 2, RDR, TLoU, Bioshock, Assassin’s Creed 2, Batman Arkham 1& 2, MGS4 .... and so forth.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

LieutenantFatman

@Th3solution
Yes, I had the same dilemma for remasters and cross generation games. Came to a similar decision as you there. I really enjoyed Persona 5 but it just doesn't feel like it's really a PS3 game.

LieutenantFatman

themcnoisy

@Jaz007 @AdamNovice @zed @Gremio108 @KALofKRYPTON Just you 5 left to play. You have until Wednesday evening!

ZeD

@themcnoisy damn this is difficult - I have played 44 of the games now to work out which are not too important to me :/

64 The Last of Us Naughty Dog
62 Batman: Arkham City Rocksteady Studios
60 BioShock Infinite Irrational Games
58 Burnout Paradise Criterion Games
56 God of War III SCE Santa Monica Studio
54 Heavy Rain Quantic Dream
52 inFAMOUS 2 Sucker Punch Productions
50 Dead Space EA Redwood Shores
48 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Naughty Dog
46 Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Infinity Ward
44 Assassin's Creed II Ubisoft Montreal
42 LittleBigPlanet Media Molecule
40 BioShock Irrational Games / 2K Marin
38 Borderlands 2 Gearbox Software
36 Fallout: New Vegas Obsidian Entertainment
34 Mafia II 2K Czech
32 Mass Effect 2 BioWare / Electronic Arts
30 Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots Kojima Productions
28 Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch Level-5, Studio Ghibli
26 Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time Insomniac Games
24 Red Dead Redemption Rockstar San Diego
22 Grand Theft Auto V Rockstar North
20 Batman: Arkham Asylum Rocksteady Studios
18 Dishonored Arkane Studios
16 Killzone 2 Guerrilla Games
14 Sleeping Dogs United Front Games
12 inFAMOUS Sucker Punch Productions
10 Dead Space 2 Visceral Games
8 Fallout 3 Bethesda Game Studios
6 Uncharted: Drake's Fortune Naughty Dog
4 Transformers: Fall of Cybertron High Moon Studios
2 Monkey Island Special Edition Collection LucasArts

Edited on by ZeD

ZeD

PSN: KratosRisesAgain | Twitter:

themcnoisy

@Jaz007 @AdamNovice @Gremio108 @KALofKRYPTON get your votes in gents! You 4 left to play.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.