Forums

Topic: The PSVR Recommendation Thread

Posts 101 to 109 of 109

Octane

@KratosMD I didn't know Ghost Giant requires the move controllers! That's a bummer. I don't have them myself either, and they're incredibly difficult to find, on top of being quite expensive...

Octane

KratosMD

@Octane Well I'm in an even worse situation since I already own one Move controller but Sony doesn't sell them separately anymore for the PS4, lol. I can only hope to find a second-hand controller at this point.

KratosMD

Jaz007

I don't why Sony doesn't make them easier to get. At least online you'd think. I'm just lucky and had them from the PS3 move days. You've got to give Sony some credit for legacy support there. They were useful far beyond the Move, which was just okay.

Jaz007

KratosMD

@Jaz007 Probably because the demand is rather high for them since you need them in order to play a lot of the good PSVR games.

Speaking of which, I just looked up how certain games control with the DualShock 4 versus the Move controllers and honestly, I'm kinda deterred now from buying a PSVR because it seems like the control schemes for PSVR are just so freaking volatile. For example, I saw a PushSquare video on how DOOM VFR plays between these schemes and it just sounds like a complete mess. With the DS4, you control the reticle by moving your head??? How about you control it by moving the right stick?!

Other examples are Until Dawn: Rush of Blood and Blood & Truth. Both of these games seem to control absolutely atrociously with a DS4 instead of two Move controllers. I'm glad that I'm realising these things now before I've bought the unit.

At this point I just want some confirmation on games that I hope will work decent enough with a DS4:

• Astro Bot
  • Farpoint
  • The Persistence
  • Moss
  • The Inpatient

Otherwise I think I'm going to skip in buying PSVR because it's way too complicated to just pick up and play some simple games. It's the whole reason why I absolutely abhor last gen's motion controls schemes because they required so much preparation. With the PlayStation Move you needed to have a PlayStation Eye, a Move controller, you needed plenty of space for the controller to be recognised, you need to constantly calibrate and recalibrate it, some games required two Move controllers, some required a navigation controller, you need to have two charging cables for the two controllers, like it's so freaking annoying. I don't want to own a system where I need to constantly research what works best and what peripherals I need to buy every time I buy a new game. It really feels like PSVR (and VR in general) is still way too premature at this stage.

Edited on by KratosMD

KratosMD

Jaz007

@KratosMD Get PSVR in a bundle with Move. Farpoint is made all around for PS Aim and as such will be an inferior experience on a DS4. No real point without it.
Astrobot, Moss, and The Persistence only use DS4 so no issues there. I’d still say get it with Move or not at all though with how many games need it.
Also, Ps Eye always comes with PSVR as it’s needed. I have a good VR experience with roughly 8 long and wide to use.
And for the Ps Move controllers. Their batteries are straight champions, so charging them on occasion with one cable is perfectly viable.
In short, you’ll have a half VR experience without Move, with it you’ll have ideal access to everything it a few games centered on PS Aim, and they’re obvious when it’s pretty needed like with Farpoint or Firewall. And they’re only a few of them. If you have two Move no research is needed.
Get the bundle and maybe sell your one Move to make up for extra money spent.

Jaz007

KratosMD

@Jaz007 Well even if I wanted to buy the bundle I just don't like playing with the Move in general. I don't like motion controls, I've always preferred a traditional controller which is why I'm thinking that PSVR is probably not suitable for me. Because like you say, if I don't buy another Move, I'll have a "half VR experience", which is what I thought would happen based on everything I've seen now.

So yeah I might just have to skip on this altogether, which is too bad because games like Astro Bot, Moss and The Persistence all look like excellent titles. I just can't justify paying €200 for a couple of games, along with knowing that I'll need to spend more in order to be able to play the rest of the PSVR library.

I greatly appreciate you telling me all this though because it would've sucked hard if I bought PSVR and found out about its limitations afterwards. I knew they existed, I just didn't think they were this extensive.

KratosMD

JohnnyShoulder

@KratosMD It might be worth trying out the system to see how you get on with it and if you do get any motion sickness when playing it.

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.

There is no longer a good time to release a game. There are only less s**t times to release a game

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Octane

Selling it later on is always an option too. Anyway, I believe PSVR will also be compatible with PS5, so maybe there will be a few more DS4 compatible VR games in a few years from now.

Octane

PSVR_lover

The vast majority of PSVR games do not require the move controllers, many games let you choose which controllers you wish to play with.

Super shot is the only game that requires the move controllers I have played.

The PSVR is the best VR system on the market today.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic