Forums

Topic: Pushsquare Screenshot of the year 2019

Posts 281 to 300 of 307

Kidfried

@RogerRoger That's so cool what you have said about my screenshot, as it absolutely captures what I wanted to achieve. I was afraid I was overthinking, when I was lining up this shot (2d perspective, the colors, etc.), so I never expected this one to get nominated.

(Unfortunately by the way, AC Origins most of the time doesn't reach the same cinematic heights this screenshot does. I think Syndicate is way better in that regard.)

Enough about me, I still wanted to add I absolutely love the winning screenshot. Having finished the game yesterday, mere minutes before I voted, I can safely say it captures the spirit of the game brilliantly.

Kidfried

RogerRoger

@Kidfried Thanks for the warning about AC: Origins, as I was genuinely checking prices earlier! Huge congratulations, and I'm really glad you chose to submit it.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Kidfried

@RogerRoger Its photo mode is spectacular though, and probably is 50% of my time with the game (which is why I still haven't finished it).

Kidfried

RogerRoger

@Kidfried Photo Modes are quite dangerous time-sinks, yes. But that's good, because if you're still playing it come January, you'll be able to submit even more shots next year!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Kidfried

@RogerRoger My personal goal was to platinum this game before the new year. I've been playing it for six months by then. Don't know if I'll make it, though.

Also, God of War, Spider-Man, Red Dead's new content, Horizon's expansion (which I still have to play, even though buying the main game at launch), and Days Gone will probably have me covered for next year.

Yup, I'm "behind" on my "gaming schedule".

Kidfried

Jaz007

@KALofKRYPTON That’s incredible and has to be one of the most impressive screenshots I’ve ever see then.

Jaz007

LukeNI

@RogerRoger Thanks for the mention Roger. Very much appreciated. Was hoping I'd get at least one of mine short listed but the bar was set pretty high this year with the quality of screenshots!

LukeNI

PSN: LtSharp

DanM

Thanks @RogerRoger . It took me quite a while to find the right angle. I wanted to make a Spidey-Selfie that would feel "real", to give an idea of what it would actually feel like swinging and jumping so high, all over NY..... frankly, I can't put what I was going for in better words than you already did. Thanks again

Edited on by DanM

DanM

PSN: SAMDAN

KALofKRYPTON

Thanks @Jaz007! And thanks again @RogerRoger for the nomination 😁

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

ApostateMage

As soon as I saw that 'Face Your Demons' pic on the community page I knew it was a winner. Absolute cracking shot. Congratulations @Thrillho.

ApostateMage

HallowMoonshadow

Ahh @RogerRoger. I'll tell you what the actual thought process was with a quote from our winner @Thrillho regarding my screenshot...

Thrillho wrote:

LENS FLARE BABY!

True I did turn the colour saturation down, making it more muted... But it was all about making that lens flare pop as much as possible. The Watcher blending into the background was completely by accident 😂

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Thrillho

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy I'm a sucker for a bit of LENS FLARE!

@ApostateMage You're too kind. Even more impressive that I got it at around 5am on my start to finish play through over one night!

Thrillho

mookysam

Congratulations @Thrillho. What a brilliant, atmospheric shot! Well done to everyone selected by the judges, really brilliant screens.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

RogerRoger

Kidfried wrote:

Also, God of War, Spider-Man, Red Dead's new content, Horizon's expansion (which I still have to play, even though buying the main game at launch), and Days Gone will probably have me covered for next year.

@Kidfried ...and yet you've just named five games with Photo Modes. Best of luck with 'em!

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Whether by happy accident or not, whatever you did to the shot worked, and worked really well. It ain't just me saying that, either, as your thirty-nine points prove!

Making It So Since 1987

BearsEatBeets

Congratulations @Thrillo , glad to see my favourite won. Well done to the top picks and the judges for giving their time to this.
Thanks for the shout out @RogerRoger. With the games coming 2020 maybe we will need a top 50 next time.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

XOF

Ah shoot, I missed the voting, dammit.
Congratulations to all the winners, specially @Thrillo with such a badass shot.
Taking screenshots and sharing them is a passion on its own that is exclusive to our medium. Seeing a community as warm and as friendly as Push Square throwing such a competition with good souls like yours was exciting.
I enjoyed all of your shots and it's been one hell of a month. I can't wait to see what comes next year.

A special thanks to the judges, @Neolit, @RogerRoger and, @themcnoisy for investing time and organizing this competition. You guys are the best.

Wish you all a Merry Christmas in advance,
Sam,

I make deliveries, that's all.

PSN: Homo-Ludens97

andreoni79

Well done everyone!
In 2020 I should remember to use photo mode more often. When I checked my gallery I realized 99,9% of the screenshots were automatic trophies shots, while there was only a dozen made by myself...

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

themcnoisy

The community will remain open until new year's day. I'm gonna grab a couple of the pictures.

We will run another screenshot competition in 2020 when we will have additional genres to post into and I we will need 4 additional judges, Neo and Rog will be in and 2 of the other regulars let me know if you fancy it! It will be like the game awards - without Geoff Keighley, woop woop.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

themcnoisy

OK so finally my top 10 to round off my input.

1) Face your Demons - @Thrillho
2) Mimicry is the greatest flattery - @Throb
3) Ghost Town - @Gremio108
4) Symmetry of Speed - @KALofKRYPTON
5) Sekiro Number 3 - @kreativekontroll
6) Forever a Knight - @LaJettatura
7) Silent Rage - @Brett_awesome
8) The light sides orange - @RogerRoger
9) Wallpaper Material - @Novaplays
10) My Playground - @Drax_uk

It was tough, ADF. Dan M and Phunky phenomenon just missed out on my top 10. So many good pics.

themcnoisy

That's the end of the cup see comment #283 for the list of winners.

A brilliant and quick thread. We will see more of this next year, so get your photography senses in check and snap away next year. 2020 is gonna rock! We'll done to the winners in the democratic vote off.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.